Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

this thread sucks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol someone's mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Judges sure do love clownshow vexatious litigants and they absolutely love having their authority challenged. This should go over very well for Mr. Jones.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

BigglesSWE posted:

Good faith bankruptcy and Alex Jones goes well together like Donald Trump and stairs.

Or Donald Trump and good faith bankruptcy

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So do you think Jones actually bought his own hype or does he still know it’s all bullshit and has to double down as infinitum?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
And now, globalists

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I always thought Trump was kind of an idiot and I definitely didn’t vote for him but what got me to loving hate him was when he took advantage of when one of my high school friends was killed and then he demonized their family and sic’ed the chud army on them. poo poo was and is absolutely unforgivable and I’m sitting here still angry about it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hollismason posted:

How is it not illegal to harass victims or survivors of mass shootings? Like seriously there's no laws that are in place to prevent harassement?

“Muh free speech”

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It really sucks that the stink of cases like this doesn’t stick to lawyers. Sure, everyone is entitled to representation but lawyers also have the ability to say “lol not it”. This mofo should be pilloried

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

:siren: Alex Jones will be taking the stand tomorrow :siren:

His lawyer just confirmed this to the judge.

I would have bet good money against this. His lawyers are loving awful if they let him go through with it

Edit: for the money my bet is that he goes the Tucker “it’s all just entertainment everyone knows that” route but I would have probably emptied my bank account to bet that he wasn’t dumb enough to take the stand so maybe don’t listen to me

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

B-Rock452 posted:

It's absolutely insane and a terrible terrible idea (for the defense) but for us it will be hilarious. And holy poo poo he is going to get eviscerated during cross.

Can we get an over under for whether or not he takes his shirt off or mentions chili?

Yeah that’s the thing. There’s no pause button. Once he’s up there they are going to needle the poo poo out of him until he wigs out and no one will be able to stop it.

I still think they might find some way to weasel out of this because letting Jones testify is like putting Manson on the stand. His lawyers absolutely cannot predict or control what he’s going to say and that is terrible lawyering

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Piell posted:

Honestly think they're just going for a mistrial

They are rapidly running out of runway for that though

E: Think about it this way. Pretend for a moment you are Jones' lawyer. He is already guilty and you are in the penalty phase of the trial at this point. What could you possibly gain by putting Jones on the stand. There's literally nothing he can say that's not going to sound like either A) mealy-mouthed excuses or B) victim blaming or C) lol both

Jones could present a notarized memo from God and he'd still be turbofucked. This is insane.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 1, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

B-Rock452 posted:

Yeah my guess is they want him to appear sympathetic and are probably going to go down some route like "I just lost control of this narrative and couldn't reign in my followers" and then during cross he will get asked a single question and then flip out completely negating any progress the defense makes. Which won't be much

The time to do that would have been during the actual trial to determine whether he was at fault or not. We're past that now and everyone has already been instructed to assume he's guilty. Nothing and I mean NOTHING he could possibly say is going to paint him in a better light. They can straight up ask him why he refused to participate in the trial. They can play recordings of poo poo he said on the air and ask him questions about it. Putting him on the stand is an insane failure of lawyering.

I suppose you could make an argument that they want him to appear more sympathetic to people who were already receptive to Jones' particular brand of crazy but those people were already sympathetic so what's the loving point? The moment he says anything that isn't "I'm sorry, I was wrong" he's going to be utterly eviscerated.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 1, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hollismason posted:

Yeah Jones going onto the stand is a absolute disaster. He's going to get crossed about his net worth along with a bunch of other poo poo.

Yup. Just having him up there allows the plaintiff to ask him p much anything so long as it's germane to the case/sentencing from what I understand. Maybe Jones is gonna Bud Dwyer himself? That's literally the only reason I can think of to do this.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Grand Fromage posted:

He's so delusional he thinks he can pull off a defense

This is why you pay lawyers to tell you to shut up and sit down. Don’t get me wrong, this is going to be loving hilarious (and I still don’t think it will happen) but no one in their right mind will ever hire that law firm again if they let him go up there and make an rear end out of himself.

Hell, if the lawyer didn’t agree with this approach I think this would be the sort of thing that would allow him to bow out of the case, wouldn’t it? “Sorry, I can’t represent Mr. Jones he won’t listen to me and I don’t think I can continue to defend him”. That’s a thing, right?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I genuinely want him to start his red-faced screeching about globalists routine on the stand and see how long it takes him to get tazered. That would own so hard

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hollismason posted:

The defense doesn't know what the gently caress their doing so having Alex Jones on the stand seems par for the course for their level of competency. Basically what does your heart tell you.

This is an incredibly terrible idea and either Jones himself is insisting upon doing it or his lawyers are the dumbest people alive. He stands very little to gain by testifying and has a LOT to lose. I still think it won’t actually happen. If I were that lawyer I would jump in front of a moving bus before I let Jones get on the stand to torpedo my entire career as an incredibly lovely lawyer

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’d take the bet because that would be the sane thing to do but every time I make assumptions about what Team Gay Frogs is gonna do, they inexplicably do the opposite. No can do.

On the plus side this may be the first time one of these alt-right assholes plays the “4D chess card” and just crashes and burns spectacularly in the public eye.
I do absolutely believe that Jones will make a big show of killing himself if he were ever to be forced to face actual consequences though. Guy has absolutely nothing to live for.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Alex Jones looking really smug playing a shell game with only one shell.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Chili gatekeeping is weird.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Computer viking posted:

I guess it's a bit of that, and a bit of regional pride (since it seems every town county in large parts of the US has their own take)?

People do the same thing with BBQ and ribs come to think of it. Also pizza.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Judges love being accused of being possessed by demons. They think it’s hilarious

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The commentiquette guy is going to have a field day with this poo poo.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Wow, as dumb as I thought this was going to be it is actually far exceeding my expectations in spectacular fashion

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Random Stranger posted:

I have serious doubts that Alex will show tomorrow.

I didn't think he was going to show today but here we are

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Rabbi T. White posted:

AHAHAHAHHA HOLY poo poo WHY THE gently caress DID HIS LAWYER EVEN LET HIM SPEAK TO THEM?

His lawyers are real bad, OP

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
This is how these folks roll. Bully people. Shout anyone down who doesn’t agree with you and then evade all consequences. Something tells me this strategy may not work out so well for Mr. Jones though.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Goddamn Alex, you looney turd. You're really doing it by god

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

reignofevil posted:

The true victim of mass shootings?

Turns out it was Alex Jones.

If only we should be so lucky

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ha ha I'm stealing your identity Alex Jones. You can't catch me!

-The Hamburglar

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Seth Pecksniff posted:

HAHAHAHAHA

YES

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR HIRING CHARLIE KELLY AS YOUR LAWYER YOU PIECE OF poo poo

Charlie Kelly is 1:1 winning cases in court. Uncle Jack on the other hand…

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Unlucky7 posted:

Imma idiot; How did Jones lawyer screw up in so badly that he not only sent all his texts, but they are submittable as evidence?

Jones' lawyers submitted the phone to the plaintiff's attorneys. It sounds like they were only required to submit certain messages relevant to the case but instead sent an entire digital image of Jones' phone with emails and text messages dating back 2 years. That's bad enough, but Jones' lawyers COULD have asked for a lot of those messages (especially the ones between Jones/his lawyers) to be considered privileged, but there's a window where they have to submit that sort of request (apparently 10-12 days) and they...just didn't. So now everything on that phone belongs to the plaintiff's lawyers and they can probably do whatever the gently caress they want with it. Give it to the DOJ, the lawyer team in CT going after Jones, the Pope, publish it all online?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

spinst posted:

plantiff's team asked the defense if it was priviledged and got no response

I don't think this is true. It would be on Jones' team to request privilege.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Morroque posted:

What irks me now is that the $150,000,000 price point might be something he can actually afford.

Well, he has the CT case coming up too and you can bet that phone will also be going to that team of lawyers as well.

Edit: Oh god is Alex going to do a show today? I might actually listen to it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The look on Jones' face when it dawns on him what is happening is loving priceless. Looks like he got whacked upside the head with a big ol' wet sack of chili.

sweet geek swag posted:

Looking forward to the Legal Eagle video on this one. My god, this is some awful lawyering.

It's just going to be him laughing hysterically for 20 minutes and then dying of a heart attack while wearing a very nice-looking suit.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Closing arguments from plaintiff:

"Ahem"

/taps mic

"lol, your honor.
lol"

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Oh poo poo so they DID notify Jones' lawyers about the gently caress up. That's astounding.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Laffo @ everything

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Plan R posted:

I'm gonna miss the entire farce when AJ is acquitted.

He has already been found guilty. He cannot be acquitted at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Confusedslight posted:

Hey! This guy likes doing stuff? I also like doing stuff!

More like, “I am a normal, relatable human like you. I enjoy such activities as archery, croquet and devouring live frogs.”