Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol Alex Jones is going to be a lot more shaking his head in negation of the things he clearly did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I'm not a lawyer, at all, but even I know that this opening statement is complete dogshit lol

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol "Objection, please don't tell us why you are here as an integral person in this nightmare scenario"

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

To be fair, I get it, you're a defense lawyer and their job is to try and do anything they can to defend their client. I mean, these are stupid questions and a stupid cross examination but that's all he really can do and all he has to work with.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Is there another link to a stream? The one in the OP isn't working

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

loooooooooooooooool

This witness, my god, why even bother running defense for loving Alex Jones

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol the guy on this clip "My wife is sick of my poo poo and thinks I'm nuts"

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Being a stenographer sounds loving awful, I guess it's a good thing they get paid a pretty good salary

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Chinatown posted:

whats going on guys is mattering happening or what

Yeah pretty heavily

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Renegret posted:

My aunt was a court stenographer before she retired.

Apparently it owns. Easy as poo poo once you get some experience and the benefits are excellent.

I just can't imagine sitting there for like 8 hours typing poo poo that people say. It sounds insanely mentally draining to have to focus that long and take dictation, especially some of the subjects you have to write about and things you might have to see in court of like, murdered kids or whatever. I mean, they should really be paid more, is what I'm saying.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Digital Jedi posted:

Release the Kraken!

Berth ell pup!

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

So if this is the defamation suit, what was the summary judgement on again?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol Paul Joseph Watson as the voice of reason jfc

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol This judge is side eyeing so hard

Like dude stop playing dumb, you aren't protecting anyone, just get on with it ffs

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

gwenyth paltrow kind of owns when you think about it

This Candle Smells Like My Turd is the next big seller

It's very dril-esque

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

the lawyers are James Corden vs Mehmet Oz

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Glad to see Alex Jones thinks that you can run over 20 schoolchildren with a car inside a classroom

Ban all cars

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

The plaintiff's lawyer got me thinking that not all lawyers are bad, this guy owns

wtf

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Shut the discord streams down!!!

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

All this just to get a video admitted where someone says "the teachers were so brave"

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

All those hours hocking bullshit supplements for this

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

SamDabbers posted:

I can't follow whatever the defense is trying to argue, if anything. Is "non-sequitur" a legal strategy?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol "When this show was taped"

"That doesn't have any relevance"

Like do Jones's lawyers literally object to anything they possibly can simply to stifle the trial even if it makes zero sense

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Wait so Alex Jones is leaving the court room and turns on a stream and cries? loooooooool

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

HEY YALL ITCHA BOI ALEX J HERE AT THE COURTHOUSE AND NGL THIS IS SOME BOLL SHIET, THEY GOT ME FUCKIN UP IN HERE SMH, SMAAAAASH THAT LIKE AND FOLLOW FOR MORE PEACE

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol he doesn't know the difference between an apology for being at fault for something and the shorthand "i'm sorry" as in apologizing for being a part of the struggle of human condition

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

These plaintiff's lawyers are worth every penny, drat they chose a good team

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Let's see how patriots.win is throwing their weight behind Alex Jones:

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

This poo poo is exhausting, I don't know how anyone does it

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

They're not bringing their best, their brightest

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Nelson Mandingo posted:

This was posted in another thread. So credit to whoever did so.

10/10 meltdown.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1552808949535178752

This is all I can hear and see watching this:

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol This guys is just spilling it in this deposition

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

That depo just screamed "god please just leave me alone"

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

What time is court back in session?

Usually a 1 hour lunch but they can sometimes go for 90 if they finish the day's tasks sooner than usual

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

He can roll my mushroom in his egg roll if you know what I'm saying

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Okay this guy is kinda snore

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

red19fire posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, just because using the word ‘journalist’ to describe yourself has specific implications for professional ethics and trustworthiness doesn’t mean Alex knows what any of those things are because he thinks ‘journalist’ means something else!

This is an actual argument presented by a lawyer. Who I hope got paid up front NOT

It’s dumb rhetorically but if you’re a defense lawyer, you are obliged to use basically anything you can to try and help your client, no matter how petty or minute it is. I get it. It still won’t work though lol

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

wait so is the trial over basically or something

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Frank Frank posted:

Really don’t need any qualifiers on it. He’s a horrible human being

I got banned from a very centrist discord for saying that he deserved that tree falling on him and he hates women because it broke his dick

lol!