Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Luff posted:

These recent arena metas have had large class imbalances, so it's worth looking at the overall class winrates on hsreplay.net if you're trying to win. For instance, the top class atm is mage at 52.2%, while rogue is all the way down at 42.1%. The difference is probably less wide for a given player, but it's still big.

I don't follow arena as sharply, but has mage EVER been sub-par in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Last King posted:

activision apparently sent out a new survey, and streamers are getting real mad...

There's also an offer at the end to (potentially) have a zoom call with Devs and you get 20 packs as compensation for such. I did not opt, as I had said "the pass is vomit coming out a dog's rear end" and I don't think I can elaborate further. :shrug:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

you mean i now get a bunch of immune weenie minions?!? Sign me up, chief!

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

orangelex44 posted:

Oh, don't you worry, in a year or so Priest will be getting this effect on an 8-mana board clear!

edit: and how has it taken this long for "Counter a minion" to show up?

We had the fish man from Sunken City, but yeah. Definitely taken some time for that to show up.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

"This game is more predatory than even Hearthstone!"

My friends, was this your first mobile Marvel/Disney game?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

there's a sweet spot around 4/5 mana where it generates you 5/6 spells

really it depends how much you value random spells, which you probably don't unless you're playing an extreme value game or Burgle Rogue

I'm playing to have fun, damnit. GIVE ME GLACIAL SECRETS AS WARRIOR.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

More than anything, I am impressed with them rolling out death night as a class. especially considering how much legwork it seems it'll have to put into it moving forward. The OverWatch and world of Warcraft developers seem to be loving the dog non-stop. meanwhile, hearthstone doesn't seem to be suffering from that as much. except for maybe the new monetization garbage.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I got Bolf Deathshackle :/

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Wanted to drop in to say that wild Discard Warlock is disgustingly powerful.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Chernabog posted:

Just got my first loss with "100%" chance to win :dumbbravo:

Never trust the computer.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

First rule of Wild Reno decks is to have fun. Never dusted your golden Kabal Courier? Time to build a reno mage/warlock/priest deck! Don't have that one DR minion for Reno Hunter? Throw in that weaponized piñata you forgot to dust!

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Fun little bug for those of you playing duels: If you're playing as scarlet, you get healed for any corpse you OR your opponent spend. Makes those matches an even bigger slog :v:

Yestermoment fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 21, 2023

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

My big beef is that construct quarter still being a menace in duals. The "start with your class location" makes it oppressive when most DK duels deck have at least one or two 1cost minions. T1 4/5 minion with rush is not cool even by wacky duel standards 😞.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/hearthstone-monster-hunt-patch-data-mining-test-cards-slush-cards-more-arena-exclusives/

drat, this was a datamined card from 2018. Guess they've had the ETC idea kicking around for a while!

There's quite a few mechanics that came to be in that list (Rattlegore, "guess the discover and get a copy", reordering deck by cost). Also some of them I'd dread EVER showing up

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Milhouse may not be that goodDJ'S LIKE A MAD oval office

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I love Hanar with every bone in my body and him being core will legit make me play standard again.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Now that the dust has settled a bit in Duels, I've been loving the B/U DK deck that has showed up. It doesn't whiff with incorrect passives, doesn't require a Correct Combo that annihilates you in one turn. It's just a consistently strong deck that can take you to high wins. And, in my case, my third ever 12-wins.

( AAECAfHhBA+qigTHsgSWtwTbuQTw4wSS5ASH9gSY9gSy9wSz9wS5/wTipAXYxgX0yAWUygUAAAA= ) if anyone is curious.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Sloppy posted:

Is this Sai or Scarlet? Which treasures and hero power do you take?

scarlet. blood worm/the destroy+corpse+draw treasure.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

If they really wanted to capture the Diablo experience for this Tavern Brawl, you should only get a single common card for beating it but there should be a chance of getting a Standard Pack. And you should be able to replay the brawl any number of times for the same reward.

Thief priest is fun for this brawl. Steal all his baloney cards

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

I'm down for new Titans tbh, we know that there have been deaths amongst the Titans, or at least unborn Titans lost to the Void (and Argus is arguably an unborn Titan lost to Fel Corruption).

Simon, The Flavor

All minion's Attack/Health/cost are based off how cool their art/voice line/name is.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I'm feelin really sick and twisted in this new constructed mode. :c00l:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Ooooo it's something dirty that hsreplay has twisted decks locked behind premium.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

RatHat posted:

The Choose your Titan thing is up. You vote for a Titan and then the highest voted ones advance to the next round. There are 3 rounds and 3 votes, you get 1 pack for voting and another if your Titan advances.

Everyone of the subreddit is voting for Sargeras to rig the vote, and he’s the most notable Titan by far anyway, so I highly recommend voting for him too if you want the max amount of packs

Manna Lee Roth posted:

Lord Sargeras, I will not fail you! Sweep your molten fist through this world so that it may be reborn in tempo and value!

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Unrelated, I got a survey email about the game and I love that it starts with "PLEASE PROMISE YOU WON'T TALK ABOUT THIS WITH THE OTHER KIDS IN CLASS! YOU PROMISE TO NOT TELL? Ok, so Twist Mode, you think she's hot, right? And those rewards, mirite?"

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Manna Lee Roth posted:

I can feel his burning eyes upon me. He is close! Sooooo cloooose.

And then your Ranked Mode will be unmade. Your DECKS as NOTHING!

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Doji Sekushi posted:

I feel like Odyn is kinda bananas. Not quite busted but it's damned good.

This is gonna create a very devilish combo that I WILL look forward to being victim to.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

bravesword posted:

Here’s your normal pre-expansion reminder that if you want to maximize your progress on the next reward track, complete all your outstanding quests today and then don’t play again until the expansion launches on Tuesday. This will set you up with a full array of quests and allow you to blow through the first 20-30 levels of the new track in an hour or so.

Additionally, since the expansion launches on the first of the month, if you wait to log in on Tuesday until after the expansion goes live (usually 1 pm ET/10 am PT), your reward chest will also contain new cards (assuming you already have all or most of the standard-legal rares and epics). It’s not much, but it tickles the optimization part of the brain.

Despite my wallet being intact, I don't have the impulse control for all that. Gimme dat gold

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

mcbexx posted:

Am I the only one thinking the activation zone for the Forge cards is a bit finicky, either to small or to slow to register?

A couple of times now I have dragged the card over the deck and cast the spell instead of forging it when letting go.

It's felt comparable to tradable cards. But I've been doing it mostly with minions so far.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

New Yogg is gonna break Wild and get nerfed.

So you mean it's a day-1 craft. Let's rock and rollerblade.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

They screwed up Cthun’s voice so that’s 25 bucks saved for me

Seeing all the emotes, I have to agree. But It's better than Sargeras.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I can't get this stupid anomaly quest to complete in any mode. Dag burnit, blizz.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Elysium posted:

Completely wrong. The one time he makes an opponent burn a card that costs them the game makes it worth every other time. These are the only kind of situations that make the game worth playing.

Indeed. Citation: Making a Time Warp mage overdraw his dumbass Romanth so he can't trap me in an endless loop.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I absolutely love breaking the bots with "guess your opponents choice to get a copy" cards.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I can play prison of yogg for 7 and it would likely accomplish the same effect. So dismayed.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

peer posted:

god damnit this poo poo again

I love this art.

One can comment on the state of the game in any which way, but I still thoroughly love the style for a lot of the art/sound design.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Playing around with the new cards in Arena, I think I really dig Elemental Mage this go around. I wasn't really sure I knew how Mes'Adune would work but it's pretty neato.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Something that's REALLY fun in duels? Double Battlecry with an Excavate deck. Double the fun having Patchwerk gobble up to 6 minions when played.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

orangelex44 posted:

Man this brawl is dogshit. How on earth did anyone ever decide that doing this multiple times was reasonable?

It used to be not-too-bad. But the legendary pool has definitely varied since it's creation.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I’m enjoying Elemental Shaman… no crazy combos, I’m just playing an elemental every turn

I've been fiddling with an elemental/excavate mage in wild silver. It works pretty well, especially when you can get hero jaina to go off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I'm still miffed that Reno destroys portals and doesn't allow you to summon Sargeras's if you pay him. Harumph.