Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
How in the gently caress do I beat Yae Miko's flame trial thing? It's insanely frustrating and I'm bad at the game in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Where does the milk come from in Teyvat when there's no cows anywhere?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

But there's a cow on the bottle!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yeah, I know.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Just give me Venti already, stupid wishes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Like many dumb people, I like calling Tighnari "Thighs".

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I only just figured out Joe Zieja voices what's his face and I'm sad I didn't get him now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This doesn't speak well of me, but the new boss being called a tulpa makes me think of those weirdos who kept trying to manifest My Little Pony characters with the power of their minds.

I know it's a legit concept in Buddhism, but that's how I first of heard of it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eimi posted:

And Furina isn't a weirdo who is trying to manifest a pony with the power of her mind?

I haven't gotten to the Fontaine part of the main story yet so :shrug:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I got a Charlotte.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Got a c3 Beidou, which is good because she's my go-to fartaround electro and miner.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Kickass I got Furina and another Beidou

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Finally got Keqing. Also I'm at the part of the Sumeru quest where people keep saying "canned knowledge" and it's an extremely funny phrase.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RaptorChief posted:

I gave this game a shot because I ended up really enjoying Star Rail, which was the first gacha game I’ve ever played. There are many questions I plan on asking over the next few days but I’ll start with the most important one.

I just unlocked the teapot and my weekly battle pass objective says I need to buy 2 items from someone else’s tea house. Do they have to be online at the same time as me for that to happen, or can I just friend someone and raid their teapot at my leisure?

My friend code is 669832814

Request sent.

I'm 616646832 if anyone else wants to friend me and see my rather disappointing teapot.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mailer posted:

I tend to go with the homegrown third strategy of "Don't do abyss"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man, everything happening in Sumeru could've been solved by one person with insomnia and a coffee grinder. Seriously, one undergrad student with a paper due the next day could've rumbled all of this.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Nov 14, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eimi posted:

Zhongli is Johnlee for me for whatever dumb reason. Gorou is dogboy. Ayaka is Ayaya. Wanderer is of course Don Sombrero. Tighnari is Tigger.

Ayaka is Yakko
Tighnari is Thighs
Albedo is Albino
Zhongli is Moreass
Collei is Colander
Furina is Purina
Candace is Cameron
Miko is Yay
Mika is Miko
Kaeya is Snake
Wriothesley is Claude
Venti is Latte
Keqing is Peter Cushing

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The game is not ever difficult enough to make any character a "Must Pull". People have been showing off with low power characters since the beginning of the game. The main big difference is in the time & effort required to get to that point. Someone like Hu Tao, Ganyu, or Neuvilette require was less farming and optimizing to make big numbers than someone like Diluc.

Says you. D'you know how many wishes it took to even get Ganyu in the first place?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't think I've quite looked forward to kicking the asses of a faction in this game as much as the Sages.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Do not, my friends, become addicted to hyperbloom. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Sumeru (and probably all of Teyvat) is very lucky they had an archon wise enough to destroy their version of the internet.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh there's a way to turn off the constant lightning on that one Inazuma island? Wish I'd known that years ago lol I am so bad at finding sidequests.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I finished that whole questline in about a week.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Christ I hate Interlude Chapter 2. Let's trap the player in a single cave with endless repetitive dialogue scenes and almost no gameplay. Not even Max Mittelman can keep me from getting annoyed.

Still, the domain with the light puzzle was genuinely neat and Ushi is cute af.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So the G-Man is a dude from Khaen'r'iah?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Fontaine is giving me high school theatre program flashbacks.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, it's great.

Yes, I was in a high school theatre program, why do you ask?

I swear I knew at least three girls exactly like Furina. Except without fancy hydro archon powers.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man don't post questions I have to spoil myself to answer.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man that Freminet event had jarring ending. Haha we're doing a fun lighthearted fantasy thing to help a sick kid! Oops turns out the kid killed himself and the mom's insane! It goes from Make-a-Wish Foundation to The Traveler Does Not Dream of Water Imp Kingdoms in seconds.

Oh well, I got Freminet and a cool clockwork penguin out of the deal so whatever.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So I guess there's some sort of giant whale boss in my future. I hope I can pull Subaru Natsuke from a wish before then.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Now I have a Navia. Ho ho ho.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Gonna start referring to Cloud Retainer as Birdonetta now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I haven't leveled up my AR in a long time because I'm terrible about remembering to grind bosses for upgrade materials so I have a huge number of good characters at level 40 or 20 and I should get on that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm doing the second chapter of Fontaine now and I think Bill Haydon is the mole.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
lol Childe

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hey neat, it's fin-de-siècle Bioshock.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Why are all the inmates in Millipede from cartoon Brooklyn?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thank the Archons for Claude and Detective Paimon's glasses. Otherwise the Millipede section of Chapter IV would be really, really irritating.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

my favorite thing about sara is that there's a generic npc kujou clan member who is in raiden, kazuha, *and* ayato's story quests, and sara is mentioned in none of them

Sara was off doing the important work of not quite negotiating a peace treaty with Watatsumi Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wait, there's a giant whale in Fontaine? I was joking about this being Re:Zero.