Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
i just wanna move my comissions to sumeru mhy please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
iirc that's a room where you have to do one of the perspective puzzles to line up some rocks outside the window

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Traveller posted:

I found one but there wasn't any special dialogue aside from the tutorial prompt. I did see some sort of plant being that Paimon was alarmed about but it sounded like I was sequence breaking a little there.

I found another world quest with it first, and Tighnari had a line or two acknowledging that I'd already learned how to deal with them when i got back to the archon quest.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

schwein11 posted:

i'm new at this - where do you enter these codes?

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Way back before 2.0, there were videos floating around comparing the attack strings of characters and how, for example, claymore characters from Mondstadt had similar NA strings, which were different from claymore characters from Liyue.

Don't think that's really true anymore, with all the new characters tho.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Eula straight up doesnt work with benny since her burst outlasts his and it doesnt snap shot. So many characters have infuses that overrides bennies that its not an issue, only messing up certain freeze teams I think. I'll take the extra pyro damage and controlled access to burgeons.

No it doesn't. Eula burst is 7s to charge up, Bennett burst lasts 12s. Bennett buff only really falls off if you really delay Eula's Q for some reason.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I would pick Keqing every time but that's less due to Optimal Damage and more due to Cyno's infusion making rotations awkward.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

What's Faruzan's job in general? I know she has some kind of anemo resistance shred. Is that all?

She's got the anemo shred, and some anemo damage buffs for the team. Also gets a vortex effect for some grouping ability.

Super laser focused on being a support for an anemo DPS.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Excelzior posted:

It literally zooms in on the platform the first time you do it and prompts you :

Genshin devs mostly continue to forget the golden rule of game design: "Players never READ"

of course there's actually a second grapple point that isn't in view here that you need to go to first to reach the one you can see, so you might wander around until the vulnerability phase ends wondering why this stupid poo poo is so finicky

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Blue wishes only work for the standard banner, which does not have rate ups, and includes both 5* weapons and characters.

Normally you want to spend your wishes on the timed banner, for a 5* character you like. So you mostly want to buy purple wishes with your primogems.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Quitting gacha games is actually the healthiest reaction of all.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

See now, this is the kind of secondhand 'people somewhere got mad' info that I wanna see. :allears:

i can't find the letter itself at the moment, but i did find a screenshot of the author reacting to it

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Vape and Melt have the same damage multipliers.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Those guide rewards are new in this patch, yes.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
pure pyro Dehya is pretty fun to play in the overworld, altho I expect mashing for her burst is going to get old.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

MNSNTZR posted:

what exactly is powercreep going to do in a game with no competitive aspect? hyv pretending to be allergic to releasing strong units lately, four or five star, is confusing. people would want to pull way more for someone powerful, i’d think. releasing weak-to-balanced characters (nearly) endlessly is a little wild, but what do i know!

What happens when they produce a powercrept unit, and then design things around that unit? I'm using Puzzle and Dragons specifically as an example, but consider if they released a character who provided 75% damage reduction with 100% uptime, and then added enemies that would randomly do damage equal to 300% of the active character's current health.

I'm not suggesting mhy is going to do something like that, but it's absolutely a way for powercreep to negatively impact people in a purely PVE game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Theory Crafting, probably means about the same