Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Excelzior posted:

lol got Jean with my failed 50/50

and yeah Fischl X3 on the way

Same except like six dionas (who I had at c6). :smith:

Pretty sure this means I miss Dori because I'm not sure if I want Tigh bad enough to use a guarantee and I already have Ganyu and Kokomi and would be pissed if I lost my guarantee to either.

Please be first banner, Cyno. I'd hate to skip Candace and a chance at Nilou too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

There's an Aranara that sells them too, I discovered.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
The biggest issue with having Zhongli is you absolutely forget how to play without his shield and then try to face tank something with squishy characters and are sad.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Collei is S+ tier for Sumeru exploration. Pleased to welcome her to my friendship team, especially since I lost the 50/50 for Tigh.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
New Abyss rotation seems pretty easy. Petition for the chocobo to always be a part of Abyss 12. Love smashing through all of 12 with a minute to spare for each section.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

ReVerve posted:

Seelie time. What colors do you got? I think I got yellow first then purple the last time.

Which one are you going to get? Gotta have that green one. I don't remember if it's been available before.

The green one is new so definitely grabbing it. Unless they rerun this event without adding a new seelie, I guess I'll never get the blue or pink ones. Oh well.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
All this trial event is reinforcing is that Kazuha is absolutely the best character in the game. Absolutely do not regret getting his c2.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

No Wave posted:

It's 20 wishes just like last year, "anniversary twitter drama" is fake and forced.

Although day 1 players who are still missing a standard character they want are justified in feeling homicidal.

I'm a day one player who wants and is missing Mona but I'm not upset at all.

Did you see that birb pet we're getting???? :bird:

Also I'm so hyped about the TCG that's PvE and the anime and the music and the concert and etc etc

I feel like sometimes tons of free poo poo in gachas is a way to mask how lovely the actual game is. Not that I wouldn't take more free poo poo in Genshin but I can't say I'm unhappy.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

No Wave posted:

I still haven't done any sumeru commissions because I want to send Viktor there from Mondstadt first.

I wish I hadn't sent him because his commissions in Sumeru take up the "special" spot but don't have an achievement. Sending him didn't have one too, iirc.

Commission rng still sucks in Sumeru, surprising no one.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Zenostein posted:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1570955705217056770

hosed up my genshin's non-canon because i didn't pick the dude.

cute animation, though.

Enjou is so wonderful

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
The real end game is the TCG.

Though more stuff is probably being worked on, I'll be shocked if there isn't eventually more content to bait whales/keep engagement.

Agreed that Arknights roguelike is incredible though. It also makes me want characters I had no interest in before, consider me baited.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Honestly its hard to go back. It would be a step down in world design if all the areas after this dont include always on grapple devices.

I decided to be a crazy completionist (and because I just love being in Genshin) and get every known chest in Sumeru. It felt really satisfying and I knew I was missing some in Dragonspine so I figured I'd try to hunt down some chests there too.

I noped out after 10 minutes. That place is so actively hostile to exploration and I felt downright spoiled by Sumeru.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
polearm impact is real

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

FractalSandwich posted:

Hell, if it were up to me, I wouldn't have put any dudes in Genshin either. I even like some of them, but they'd still be cooler if they were girls.

You monster

I have such an issue with the fact that the only male-only cast gachas, including Hoyo's own Tears of Themis, is extra loving predatory as poo poo and lol what gameplay. I'm just salt, salt and more salt. I'm thankful for the men in Genshin but they're definitely still outnumbered last I checked. I'll totally take an even split.

Edit: actually thinking about it, I'll forgive everything if they make Pierro playable. Hoyo, please. :pray:

ExtrudeAlongCurve fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 25, 2022

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Eimi posted:

Maybe it's to try and tempt people to roll on it since Nilou's sword is insanely niche.

Plus anyone hoping to get a jade cutter and getting Nilou's sword instead will immediately want to go for Nilou. Clever.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
In 1.0 drops fell from the tree in domains and you had to pick them up.

.... also Venti could yeet them away in co-op.

We've come a long way!

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Kale posted:

You know having done the prolgoue part to the new event and seeing Jean's big speech in front of the Knights, her new outfit with the fancy collar and buttons does seem a lot more like something that a stoic noblewoman Knight commander would probably wear than the low cut top. She still very obviously flirts with the traveller like every other character at least in Japanese like when saying to go enjoy the festival, its just not scenery chewinglevels like with Lisa who is usually standing right next to her. That said her birthday message in Japanese is super far removed from my general impression of the character and more in the realm of say Marilyn Monroe.

I had the same reaction like, woah Jean's clothes actually fit her job that's new.

Unrelated, I wish Cyno had nipples. It's disconcerting that he doesn't.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Clarste posted:

He's just wearing a flesh-colored bodysuit.

I nominate this as thread title.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I use Shenhe/Kazuha/Kokomi/Ayaka and Rational for abyss and have done so since I got all the characters in them. Irregardless of enemies or current buffs.

Nothing has failed to die in months. I love it. Lazy abyss is best abyss.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Anora posted:

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1575979029655654412

The Primal Ember from here was the one I guided to the torch, now it wants me to guide it again, but the sconce is empty. Here's the other one, also empty and the lit torch:

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1576139919348699136

It looks like you're standing in front of a door and only one side is lit. The quest marker might be bugged but your goal is to find the other primal ember to light up the right side pillar.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Anora posted:

Look at the second tweet, that's the other sconce, also inactive.

Are you sure that sconce is where the ember starts? Also sometimes you have to do something to get them to appear. I think there's a hidden wall near this one, iirc. But also I don't remember that well.

The quest markers are not always accurate. But just because a sconce is inactive doesn't mean there's no ember, there's probably just a previous step.

Edit: wait here I think this person has the same game state as you and found it behind a door. https://youtu.be/hjb7elabDDY

ExtrudeAlongCurve fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 2, 2022

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Missed opportunity for a character that does capoeira

Pretty sure that'd be in Natlan not Sumeru.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Harrow posted:

Rolling for 4-stars on a banner where you don't want the 5-star is the gacha version of being Icarus and I'm sure he's having a great time, still up there soaring on his wax wings

With his friends, just out of frame.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Bennett c6 is straight up an improvement to every team I use him on so I have zero regrets.

That said, it's painful that I have all 3 4* c6 on Nahida. Hoping the leak is wrong. Or just early Nahida on my 50/50. :pray: I'm not risking any more pulls even though I'm sitting on a lot because there's so many goddamn new characters coming that I'm interested in.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Stare-Out posted:

This game needs more physical attackers. Just mashing attack and seeing big numbers has huge appeal and it's so limited right now.

Counterpoint colorful even bigger numbers are more satisfying.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Kale posted:

It's a good trailer, but perhaps slightly manipulative to a degree as it comes mere days before her banner and seems to be working the players burning loyalty towards Nahida along that angle.

It's the teaser. Teasers come out about a week before the character, this is known.

Making her birthday the same day though is pretty smart marketing.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Glazius posted:

It's going dark but it's also not going as dark as it could have. Hand to god when I saw the surprise dream ghost in act 3 chapter 2 my first thought was "well, at least they die happy". When Nahida said "oh, I thought you'd be crying" in the debrief I wiped my eyes with one hand and flipped the bird at my monitor with the other.

My kid is obsessed with the teasers and trailers for characters but also cried at the end of the Golden Slumbers quest so I'm legitimately wondering if I should pretend that Nahida didn't get a teaser.

It was so good and so sad. The Chinese one especially just like, wrecked me.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Nyoro posted:

Is her real name Nahida or Kusanali I'm confused

Name is Nahida. Title is Lesser Lord Kusanali.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
When Raiden was coming there was still a lot of skepticism about her place in the meta and the Inazuma plot, as a whole, was not tremendously well done.

And she still smashed sales records.

Wondering how many records will get smashed for Nahida who everyone knows will shake up meta/open up teams and is part of the well written Sumeru arc as a genuinely likable character.

Gonna be intense to see. Use the truckloads of money for good, hoyo.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Kinda like the new dendro cube boss that's immune to dendro damage but requires you to bring a dendro party member anyway. And the old geo cube boss that does the same thing!

This was extremely irritating to discover especially because it also means any hyperbloom team sucks against it.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Mailer posted:

Hangouts are a VN where you have to rewind and go through every possible choice and also there's some hidden things you have to wiki. Also the bulk of them are Inazuma-era writing on top of that.

The newer ones are definitely better than the first batch which are mostly super lame.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Is C0 Kuki fine for a Nahida hyperbloom party? I have yet to level her

That's sadly what I have her at despite trying for more and I tested my Nahida/Collei/Ayato/Kuki team in abyss 12 today and it wrecked so I think it's fine even if it's not ideal.

Exciting to have three OP teams that don't share characters.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

No Wave posted:

This is the roughest abyss in a really long time (and almost certainly the hardest ever in terms of DPS required but that's usually true). Obnoxious hound room, thunder manifestation, 8 million hp of potato sacks room, extreme lethality lawachurls, bowcheck, and then ok 12-3-2 is easy. But they really dialed it up hard.

Definitely the most I've had to switch up teams and strategize. Had to dust off my Venti for 9-11. Love to see so many suck-able mobs though. 12 took a few tries/edits. I'll miss brainless Rational/Freeze abyss but it's also kinda nice to dust off some characters.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Ruby Prism posted:

I played Arknights for roughly a year, keeping up with new content and completing all events, and I have no idea how you can equate one of their patches to even just Sumeru in 3.0, let alone an entire country's worth of content, such as Inazuma now that it got all of its permanent content added.

I feel like you're massively overstating the amount even bigger Arknights patches put out, and that's including the long VN sections.

As for Genshin events, they're usually split into two categories... the recycled and generic ones, which I'll agree are often forgettable... and "patch flagship" ones, which are fully voiced, with plenty of character development, lore, and more fleshed out gameplay.

Hopefully they make those accessible eventually to new or returning players.

I've been playing Arknights since just about release and still am active (haven't missed any event and am up to date on permanent stuff) so I had much the same reaction: huh?

They're also really not that similar though. Other than "gacha" but I think gacha is a pretty poor description of genre as time goes on and gacha games play extremely differently. Serious apples to oranges here.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

No Wave posted:

From 1.3 to 1.5 friendship grinding was the ONLY content. We still do it out of habit, like someone who survived the depression.

It's satisfying to feel like I'm working towards... anything.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Excelzior posted:

people are free to like any character they want

unless it's Thoma :argh:

Look at how wrong you are.

Thoma canonically teaches you to knit. As a knitter, 10/10. Would take this house husband.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

FiftyFour posted:

I live in Vietnam, the culture here is that when it’s your birthday you buy cake for everyone else in the office

I'm Chinese and I dunno how common it is but the elders give cash (red envelopes) to the young ones on their birthdays.

So, really, we are all children in the eyes of the Genshin cast.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
All the niche supports, I'd say.

Faruzan/Gorou/Yunjin/Kujou Sara?

Actually stick Shenhe in for Sara and bam. It's terrible.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Space Opera posted:

Found out that the Fav spear can trigger the extra particles effect from any one of YaoYao's radishes, even when she's off field, so this'll help her battery Al. I was thinking of running Black Tassle, but I've got such garbage ER on Al at the moment that I need every battery I can get.

Time to level a fourth Fav spear I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Space Opera posted:

Venti and Kazuha's conversation on the Alcor after the quest is over is great, bonding over being banned from drinking due to baby face.

Beidou basically having a "this tall to enter" but for drinking tickles me greatly.