Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

BabyRyoga posted:

Yawn, dropped about 350 artifacts into VV conversion and got zero "usable" pieces. Not even a feather or flower. I wish there was a better system for recrafting, but I am glad you don't have to farm the elemental sets anymore.

What other QoL changes in 3.0 are there aside from more artifact sets being craftable that I might be missing out on?

yep. i dropped in a little more than you and got a decent atk sands for my current main heizou, one dendro goblet that rolled once into crit damage and elemental mastery and another dendro goblet with no usable stats unless a dendro kokomi comes out

i don’t know what else i expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Asimo posted:

loving :lol: Yoimiya is running opposite of Nahida on the next banner. Maybe someday I'll be able to get her when she isn't running directly opposite or right before an archon banner, it's like Mihoyo doesn't want people to have her.

(Second banner is Yae+Childe, this is the one that has Layla.)

I’m one of the rubes excited that Yoimiya is alongside Nahida because of the win/win weapon banner. It was the same with Venti/Cyno, although I still have no clue why Elegy is good at all.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Excelzior posted:

never roll for the 4 stars

I would rather have a Childe at C2 than Yae at C0 from trying to get Layla to C6 and you can’t stop me from doing it.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

But childe c2 is absolutely nothing, while miko is a good character? Or at least a few blue fates and some teapot primos.

Yae is in the super exclusive “guaranteed skip” club for me, alongside Shenhe. I don’t like her kit (by nature of being a catalyst user,) plus Cyno ate all of my electro materials.

I’d rather have a bad constellation that’ll get me on the way to C6 for a character I like than having a new 5* that’s guaranteed to be benched at lv 60.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

This was extremely irritating to discover especially because it also means any hyperbloom team sucks against it.

i suck absolute poo poo at this game and do not read and/or stopped bothering to comprehend skill/burst descriptions once they got overly long, but i delete the poo poo out of the dendro cube with cyno+totm/elegy fischl+yelan+magic guide nahida. is that hyperbloom? probably not, but the elements are there :shrug:

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The cube is permanently dendro'd so your cyno and fishl are probably getting way more done with aggravate than with hyperbloom.

funny enough, the aggravate team i tried to make with the mostly the same units/builds (just swap yelan with a shieldbot zhongli) performed way worse.

pure delete everything team for me so far is gilded+staff cyno, deepwood dmc, tf+r5 stringless fischl and fss+full em c3* kazuha… when cyno doesn’t get knocked around.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
someone tell me that you don’t actually have to start/finish nilou’s character quest to do this archon quest. i suffered enough mashing x through cyno’s for what felt like hours

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

If you have it unlocked and in your quest log, you'll have to do some of it, yeah. Not the whole thing, though.

jesus christ… why does hoyo insist on making character quests so terrible? it feels like work, and i’m one of those people who gets sweaty about artifact farming

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I like some of them (having only just started playing like a month ago, so I'm still working through the backlog) but it's very hit or miss. Kokomi's and Xianling's were hilarious (and do a good job of establishing why you're there) and Raiden Shogun's was relevant to the main plot but on the other hand you also have a bunch that are basically "spend 20 minutes running back and forth between waypoints and then watch a cinematic about hanging out with some random character you barely know."

good character quests are extremely few and far between imo

itto’s was pretty cute, mainly because i’m just a sucker for max mittelman and that the english dub just leans into itto’s character being extremely anachronistic with no explanation. i can’t remember if venti’s was actually “should you be trapped in a windless land” but that was very good if it was. storylines centered around albedo are always the best, for some reason.

i think the only good female character quest was… shenhe’s probably. hoyo really developed a big thing for making women who should be extremely interesting very boring after ningguang and beidou.

Boogle posted:

Never do the hangouts unless you're hard up for primogems, they're very hit-or-miss. In my opinion they lean more towards the misses.

chongyun, bennett and heizou’s were pretty good, but you are extremely correct about the rest of them being very, very wack

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i’ve been spamming x and teleporting only to spam x some more ever since i made the first post about nilou’s quest and i just finished it as i’m typing this. i’m free

Tae posted:

Yae, Raiden 2, Yoimiya were good

i was so scarred by how terrible raiden 1 was that i forgot about that one. that one is good! anything that goes into lore and isn’t completely about boring npcs with the character you want the story to be about delivering boring dialogue (yelan, nilou, ayato….) is worth paying attention to, such a wild concept.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

Scara looks like everything I could want out of an anemo carry. Much better to have someone that can both benefit from and enable many different types of elemental teammates, rather than Xiao's "green physical." That being the case, I've spent so much time in the TC pits that I'm pretty sure he's gonna end up on 4 VV in most of his (good) teams.

But I'm still extremely tempted to farm up a 4 piece Wanderer's Troupe lmao

i personally can’t wait to make a shitpost plunge build with him

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Kale posted:

Chongyuns is definitely the worst one for me too.

all this chongyun slander…

chongyun’s hangout is admittedly hard-carried by it boiling down to you and xingqiu loving with him for the millionth time

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Nyoro posted:

new question: is all 4 geo gimmick team still actually a thing or not because it does sound hilarious

itto+gorou+albedo+zhongli mono geo is honestly one of my favorite teams to use :shrug:

i run wonky teams all the time and mono geo is the least silly of them, it’s fun

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i didn’t want to buy into the propaganda that zhongli makes you poo poo at the game because he hasn’t been in my teams since dendro dropped

the fact that i had to give up trying out the proper melt ganyu team trying to speedrun the robot boss forced me to accept that. i got my poo poo pushed in without a shield, i have no idea how these other motherfuckers did it

Clarste posted:

Also yeah, I spent money on constellations once and it made me feel so bad that I quit the game for half a year.

i have seven non-standard 5*s with constellations and the only one i don’t regret is kazuha. took him to c3 (trying to c6 heizou but still, doesn’t feel bad)

c2’ing ayato was a choice, in hindsight

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Skipping banners for constellations is also pretty bad because like... would you rather have a whole new character or give itto a passive that makes him 5% more effective?

if i like itto more than the new character and the reruns that follow, yeah :shrug:

i skipped shenhe and yae to pull xiao c1 and two constellations on ayato’s premiere run respectively. feel like i’m not missing much because ayaka’s been benched since i finished building kokomi and probably won’t come back out until fontaine, and yae is just straight up not fun to play imo

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i’m desperately hoping that, if there’s a dedicated artifact set for wanderer, it’s an echoes/vermillion situation where it’s basically just a side grade, because i just got an 18cr/15cd vv feather today…

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Zenostein posted:

Me. I want a nilou in every city.

sleep aids are important!

free Trapt CD posted:

Finally, my silly FTP rear end can chill with this game for a little while. And thank god for that because the quest writing was starting to do my head in. Surely they don't need all that filler at this point? That Xiao-centric interlude for example had some nice, poignant stuff in there and one or two interesting concepts that would've hit harder without all the chaff around it...

the fact that you never really have to pay attention to anything that happens in this game outside of archon/event quests is certainly something else

i’ll never forgive them for removing the ability to skip-spam text, especially right around the time people started complaining more about the writing being terrible. it felt so deliberate

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i have no keqing

i’d give you all five of mine if i could

if you’re a lazy player (i am), you have to do too much to like her play style. that’s honestly why i would recommend cyno over her in basically any scenario. “delete button”-style characters like itto, ayato and cyno are great if you manage to land at least two 10/20%+ artifacts for them

free Trapt CD posted:

But yes, fully agreed. There's a point where you sense you're 50% of the way through a boring quest and that ain't changing anytime soon and it's just wading through molasses after that.

what’s extra frustrating is that they’re fully capable of writing good slice of life style scenarios. heizou talks fraud was fantastic, if not a little hard-carried by one character

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Asimo posted:

This is a very, very big "if". I've been playing this loving game since launch I've managed maybe three artifacts even close to that level. I have no idea how anyone actually kits a character with a full set of them.

i’m a launch player too, and i have very specific memories of getting them far more often before inazuma dropped. drat near every pale flame artifact i ever got was either a 4 line start and/or 10/20 piece, which is why my c0 eula shits all over every other 5* i have and like more, and i’ve got all of them but the three hyper-niche ones

the sumeru domain is super duper EXTRA cursed. i’ve been farming/refilling since i opened it and i have… exactly one 10/20 deepwood feather and sets that average high-20 cv max for each

speaking of, if you don’t have at least a couple of cracked artifacts, i don’t really recommend rolling for nahida’s weapon. my r5 widsith did better for my cyno/em raiden team for reasons i don’t know but a TCer could probably explain

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

I was really hoping I'd be able to pick up Faruzan on Raiden's banner because I don't care about Scaramouche, but I want an anemo archer for my overworld team. Oh well. At least it's not the nightmare scenario of Raiden and Ayaka back to back in the same patch.

if the game follows its typical schedule, there’ll be a “choose your 4*” thing for sumeru somewhere down the line. that’s my plan for layla anyway, because i don’t have any interest in yae and decided to save for mouche instead of pulling for her on childe’s banner

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Clarste posted:

Hate these mushroom battles. Should've just made the entire event solving jelly puzzles, imo.

the good thing is, hopefully at least, you can start it, walk away and still get all of the primo rewards. that’s how it was for day one with me anyway :shrug:

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

Mooch's lineage of sadangry rudeboys stretches back to time immemorial. His popularity was always predictable, and inevitable :shobon:

i personally like scaramouche because he chuuni’d himself into an eva only to get stole on so hard by a baby that he’s suffering personality-altering brain damage by denting his head on the concrete

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i’m kind of sad that layla’s normals feel really good to use, they have a nice bounce and flow to them. i’d be tempted to pull at least one of her to try and see how badly she’d flub a phys damage build, but i’m not trying to use my scaramouche savings

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

DancingShade posted:

A bunch of people legally blind with no fingers and only two left thumbs dislike Yae Miko because her E skill has no i-frames. They are unable to use the free movement to be in a good position or are otherwise incapable of solving movement based challenges.

Everyone else who can actually use free movement to not be in a bad place doesn't have that issue.

How much of this is copium because they didn't pull for her in the first place or lost the 50/50 and want to feel better about being stuck with only their Fischl? We can but speculate.

I think a solidly built Yae Miko team is easy chill mode and great.

i don’t like yae because casting all of her turrets and normals feels clunky as gently caress, and i appreciate animation speed/flow more than anything.

that’s why cyno hasn’t left my main team since i got him

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I can respect enjoying Cyno. His playstyle is pretty good and feels satisfying.

preferring males for dps in this game is basically nerfing your own account on purpose. people like me are more pitiable than respectable :shepspends:

(i would like just one meta male dps before eos)

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

...is the criteria male only? Doing a bit of cursory research leads me to believe that the highest DPS for a 1 member team composition is Ganyu (at C0) or Ayaka (at any constellation), which seems to check out in my experience.

pretty sure that’s what they meant. the male dps ceiling is wild low. meanwhile i casually two-shot scaramouche with with nahida+melt ganyu today :(

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Ayato is my go-to "I don't want to think but I DO want things to die" character and any new character just gives him more ways to murder by holding down a single button.

c2/r1 ayato, r1 yelan, xingqiu and r2 (:hurr:) kokomi are technically my “most hp bar melting with absolutely zero effort” whale team, but it still feels bad to not have a ganyu-tier male. especially since ganyu is wild boring to play

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Tsyni posted:

I mean, it's certainly true you can win with most teams, but certain teams definitely make it a lot easier

my irrational anger at ganyu+bennet+nahida knows no bounds. it’s absolutely the least fun team comp i’ve ever played but the most powerful with lack of set-up by far

i’m a little taken aback by people saying that team is fiddly too. i pretty easily get 250-300k/shot brainlessly q’ing with bennet, e’ing with nahida and letting ganyu do her thing. maybe it’s supposed to be stronger than that when you think about the timing, but i don’t have a use for more dps than that :shrug:

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

No Wave posted:

300,000 a shot without even using nahida Q????

the only support Qs in the entire game i ever use are kazuha and benny’s, i legit forget about nahida’s all the time

i’m also notoriously very bad at this game and run meme builds more than ones that make sense despite having a baby whale account

(plus nahida’s q is going to be stuck at 6 until scaramouche is fully built since his own materials refuse to drop)

MNSNTZR fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 28, 2022

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

Translating the thing that fuels your Vision as "ambition" has gotten them into trouble here, because in this case they had to break with precedent and say "wish" to make the reference work.

sad that my favorite pet theory about anemo vision wielders being two-faced/living double lives got broken with the inazuma 4*s, especially since hoyo brought it back for bowlcut here

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Captain France posted:

Okay, so, unless Jean's changed a lot since she got hers my "anemo users are free spirits, except for Jean, Venti gave her a vision because she does his job" theory got shot down when it was revealed that Archons don't give out visions, but I have got to know where you got that one. I cannot think of any two-faced or double-life anemo wielder besides Venti.

Actually isn't that really close to cryo's internal contradiction thing? Then again I suppose if "Sucrose loving loves her job and frequently gets carried away about it" counts as free-spirited that brings it really loving close to pyro's obvious passion thing.

Actually what are everyone's favorite theories for what comes with what element, with possible exceptions that gently caress it up? I've got

Pyro: Passion
Anemo: Free spirited, but Jean and maybe Xiao gently caress with that
Cryo: Internal contradiction; like Kaeya'a split loyalties or Rosaria being an irreligious nun
Hydro: Devotion to an ideal, but does Yelan have that?
Geo: Diligence, but maybe Itto shoots that down?
Dendro: gently caress if I know

Electro: Okay so even without Archons giving out visions as an explanation for why, the common thread here really seems to be, basically, "will not make great use of a Vision." Lisa got hers and abandoned her studies to become a librarian. Beidou was already a god slayer. Fischl is either somewhat delusional or the mortal incarnation of a trans-dimensional electro goddess already, and either way she's using her power to. . . do recon for the local adventurer's guild. Shinobu uses hers to babysit a gang of delinquents. Razor uses his to survive. Keqing seriously considered destroying hers. Hell, even Raiden seems to have given up her Gnosis a while back with no major drop in power, like she didn't need it.

But then I don't see how this fits Kujou Sara, and if Raiden doesn't give them out then that sorta gets rid of the "they're a high ranking servant of the Archon and got their Vision for that " explanation the same as for Jean.

jean has a secret family. why it’s a secret is still beyond me

sucrose’s thing is being kind of a morbid, off-putting sort of person behind closed doors, whereas xiao is the flip of that

kazuha’s some ex-rich kid whose family business failed so he’s just slumming it with the traveler and being that guy who acts enlightened from being voluntarily homeless

scaramouche is obvious. heizou and sayu are just normal rear end people, so it makes the theory inconsistent

xiao also plays into the free-spirit deal too though, considering his past with his old master and his relationship with morax/interaction with venti, opening up with time, etc

the anemo vision has more to do with growth probably, which makes it funny as a dunk on sayu

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
less than 100 pulls got me c2 wanderer (and keqing’s c5…), c6 faruzan and his weapon :effort:

c2/r1 wanderer, c6/elegy faruzan, bennett and c3/r1 kazuha has got to be one of the most obnoxious teams i’ve ever run in the overworld. with a decent rotation, wanderer’s Q just melts poo poo at TL 6. can’t wait to waste my dream solvents triple crowning him these next couple of mondays

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Tae posted:

what the gently caress

to be fair, i walked into the banner with ~45 pity (on a 50/50 but still) and the weapon came on a single pull, 8 pity

still the wildest pulls i’ve had in the two years i’ve been playing this game

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Mix. posted:

i think it'd be funny if baizhu has interactions with geo (bc he's in liyue) just so we can get a dendro unit that works good w/ geo even w/ no reaction

my pet theory is that there’s no geo interaction because the only one that makes sense would be petrification — which would tank zhongli and freeze stocks

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
it sure is an interesting time in this community to placidly watch people have fun and be like “i’m happy for y’all” because card games aren’t your thing

Nyaawn posted:

no small boys???
same reason why all male dps units will forever be balanced and not meta-shifting

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I will do anything for primos

but I won't do that

having fun with theater mechanicus until they made it truly bad the next two times

Endorph posted:

tartaglia is probably like the 4th best dps unit in the game?

people keep saying this, but i’ve had c1 childe since the first rerun and my brand new hypercarries consistently outdo him. hell, i think my eula out-dpses him. i do have some very fat artifacts for wanderer and cyno though, so it’s almost guaranteed he’s badly built

maybe childe came before i started caring about the effort it takes to make non-support males fun and good at the same time

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Zenostein posted:

Sure, obviously normal people don't do this. On the other hand, nobody wants to compare characters with a mile-long list of caveats about specific teams and artifacts and weapons and all that. Also Eula's a better dancer, which is far more important than silly things like "damage" or "being able to hit anything with your burst."

my thing with my eula performing better than childe has a lot to do with ease of access to dps too. my pale flame set is really subpar, save the circlet, but it and sobp gives me 10k normals and 100k+ burst with no actual setup involved. i used to play her essentially solo all the time before she got benched

you kind of have to grind for a build AND do a proper rotation to get to childe’s dps ceiling. wanderer’s the same but i mr beaned my way into 74%/230% for him. my childe’s artifacts are admittedly miserable and him being stuck with hod doesn’t help much. wonder if fontaine’ll be kind when the new hydro set inevitably comes out

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Radical posted:

eula was kinda cool because she could use some pretty different team compositions compared to the best characters (that all fight over the same 4~ supports) but even then she still had some overlap with freeze teams. they've done precisely 0 with physical teams since like, shenhe, and the only other thing that has helped her out since then is electo healers that can proc superconduct.

one of the more fun characters to play though, imo.

eula’s one of those gacha-within-the-gacha characters, because there’s always that 50/50 chance of completely missing her burst. hoyo corrected this type of character by making ayato hate on poors by relying on ping and itto’s c6 be completely on the nose

i also managed to make wanderer’s burst miss earlier today too somehow, so that clunk isn’t all poor eula’s fault

no one has managed to out-fun cyno for me. built well, the smoothness of his kit is super satisfying

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

amber was never getting her own content again with or without eula.

now with even more manga erasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

the manga was made before the game came out op, note the use of the word 'again'

it was more a commentary that amber and collei running into each other in-game is wild low, much like hoyo doing anything with kaeya’s backstory at all or us running into gold or skirk before EOS