Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alaois posted:

I'm talking about the people who's opinions on Britt Baker transcend from "I don't think she's a good wrestler" to trying to implicate her as being a bad person in real life and how she's singlehandedly and knowingly ruining AEW's women's division with her ego

Do you have any examples of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

More like George W Poo-shi.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

PPV is also to be pronounced puh-puh-vuh

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

make me ik of the toxx thread so i dont have to flag a mod down every time its time for someone to pay up

Agreed on the toxx thread needing a resident IK. The Mox/Punk I toxx that I did took way too long to kick in, and it shouldn’t have taken anywhere as long as it did for me to start my week on the sidelines.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mekchu posted:

Myself and other people within the subforum found it to be gross and offensive. Some of them are bisexual, not that that needs to matter in saying a joke is OK or not OK.

A point I'd like to build on this, because it kind of happened in the ROH thread a while ago regarding a criticism I made of cultural appropriation during the Gates of Agony entrance, is that there's a difference between asking for details for the purposes of building a discussion about the topic, and getting weird and litigating how much offence people are allowed to take. Seriously, how does that help or foster discussion? All it does it put people's backs up, and it inevitably leads to hostility.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

only if it gets called Mindy's Bakery

Larry's Leisure Lounge

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

There's a TJPW show tomorrow. 4:30am start. Most TJPW shows have an awful start time for those of us in Europe

Japan is 3 or 4 hours behind where I live, depending on what time of year it is. Not as inconvenient for us as it is for you Eurolads, but gently caress me, it makes staying up during a show in Japan real challenge - especially when it's one of the big'uns like Wrestle Kingdom.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

someone added the mr. stink thing to my avatar and i've been living in fear ever since, as Mr. Stink is NOT my NXT 2.0 name

You're right. It needs some stupid first name that no one should ever give their child, like Brinxtun.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I’ll stop posting about Derangement Syndromes when people stop being genuinely deranged about certain wrestlers.

Sounds like you're deranged about derangement.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

I don't understand how people can even keep up with the AEW thread since every day when I check it there's 10+ new pages and people post in the thread like it's their full-time job

Yeah, for real. I've been self-isolating in my room due to COVID, and I'm not expected back to work until Friday. It's only now that I've actually been able to even come close to keeping up with the AEW thread, and that's because I'm sitting in front of my computer all day long.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I've never met Kenny Omega, and he was mean and strange.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'm sure most people wouldn't recommend wrestling a Hell in a Cell match with a broken titty either, yet here we are.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yo what’s with the hostile energy over jokey posting in the AEW thread? Let’s work it out? Don’t call me Elon Musk he’s a really bad guy!

Eat My Fuc
Elon Musk

They sound a bit too similar for my liking. I'm on to you, Elon Musk - if that is indeed your real name.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What are some examples of this happening because it keeps getting mentioned over and over in this thread and yet I don’t ever see it happen and every time I ask for examples I don’t get any. People fall over themselves to welcome new posters here, except when they’re obvious bad faith rereg dipshits, which are eventually outed as such, like today.

Shaman Tank Spec being repeatedly dunked on for expressing disgust at that racist MJF promo on Takeshita for some minor bullshit technicality when the gist of what he was saying was basically correct comes to mind.

Not to mention some thread regulars then litigating how offended some people ought to be, or even outright saying something that is pretty goddamned loving racist is "not that bad," or even "not racist." I don't feel like naming any names here, and I hope those who posted that poo poo know who they are, and feel ashamed of themselves. Same goes to the person who felt the need to carry on the stupid loving joke in the Wrestling Social Media thread.

I posted this in the Social Media thread, and I feel it bears repeating.

edogawa rando posted:

The guy who said MJF's promo had a "slur" was technically wrong in saying that, but the gist of what they were saying was very correct - deliberately mispronouncing, or using non-European names as a means of mockery is racist as gently caress.

As a person of colour, who's spent a lifetime seeing my own family put up with this poo poo, I find this incredibly offensive. Honestly, some people shouldn't have to be reminded of the fact that using non-white names as a fodder for jokes and mockery is lovely and racist. For a board that seems to take pride in being far more progressive than it was 20-odd years ago, with the occasional "rah rah look at how far we've come" type posts every so often, seeing this kind of poo poo - not to mention how loving weirdly defensive some of you got in the previous incarnation of the AEW thread, was pretty goddamned disappointing.

I might as well get this off my chest, but the people who were then litigating how racist that MJF promo was, and how offended people should be about it need to have a loving word with themselves.

And yeah, I was pretty loving offended, to the point where it's really put me off of watching any AEW since.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

I thought Wangman came from the Winter Is Coming match graphic

That's what I thought as well.

No idea where CM Henderson came from.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Thanks for the examples + passport pic but I was specifically asking about the repeated scenario where new posters are run off not whatever random arguments happened between regulars here

The first time I posted in an AEW thread, I was accused of wrongthink, and jumped on.

Apparently expressing frustration at the stop-start nature of “Hayter turns on Britt” was rather egregious.

And I would also ask why I, a sporadic at best poster in the AEW thread, would want to engage with the thread in any meaningful way when regulars in there said some pretty abhorrent things which I referred to earlier? It was made pretty clear that expressing disgust at content on an AEW show that was racist as poo poo for the purpose of cheap heat was not acceptable, and doing so would result in being piled on. And besides, when regulars are saying that something that was explicitly racist towards people of my ethnicity is "not that bad," and other such horseshit designed to invalidate the offence I felt, yeah, I did feel pretty loving unwelcome in the thread.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Feb 28, 2023

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

People should go back and read that weeks thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4022225

It didn't turn to poo poo because people said they didn't like the MJF promo and got mobbed. There's a lot of good discussion about it. It turned to poo poo when it started being about if posters were racist or not for not hating the promo enough. It's a bunch of sniping and needing to get the last word.

Mate, when there are people literally saying "it's not that bad," or "it's not racist," and going largely unchallenged, as part of this alleged "good discussion," in addition to repeated posts about why we're apparently not allowed to be offended, that's a discussion I want absolutely no part of.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 28, 2023

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He's a tiny man.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

All my posting enemies need to be nice to me for the next few weeks, my wife just gave birth to my first child.

Congratulations, you big fecker.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shard posted:

Suplex Armbar Excellent III

It's pronounced Arm-BAR.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'd prefer to think he went to a print shop with his entire crew and had some poor, bewildered minimum wage employee print out a bunch of creepy flyers.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Make IGgy IGsen mod

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Make everyone an ik and the new mod is whoever is left unprobed once people are finished punishing their posting enemies, as they are the purest soul in PSP

What if everyone just chain probes the one poster?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'd love a suplex thread to post in because I love suplexes.

OK.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4040132

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

We’ve moved on

Honestly, this catch phrase really needs to be retired.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Get hosed, the lot of you.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Did I do it right?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I see this thread got, like 150 posts yesterday. Who got a probation?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That DICK! posted:

i got into a fight with another boy

See what happens when you try to insist that big show is big when he's a wee little thing?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Barreft posted:

I dunno, the threads have gotten so much better without MJeff. Anyone that posts double the next poster in every thread and is all just complaints while being a huge dick is a real downer.

I mean, EPA is super chill, and posting in the "big show isn't that big" thread has been some of the most fun I've had on these forums in a while. That DICK! passionately arguing against the fact that Big Show is a tiny little man despite overwhelming evidence to support the basic concept of the thread was hilarious and easily made him the thread MVP.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

All the CM Punk avatars made me have a dream where he apparently comes back to AEW, apparently challenges for the title, loses, steals the belt on the night, leads MJF, Tony Khan and security on a Benny Hill chase and runs off with the belt in a recreation of the iconic end to MITB 2011.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shard posted:

yall need to update this thread title. Out of date

:thunk:

Punch Sport Pagoda › [Feedback] What Do You Want Out of PSP?

That DICK! posted:

im going to eat your balls friendo

Punch Sport Pagoda › [Feedback] What Balls Do You Want To Eat Out of PSP?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What happened? I was asleep.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Doomsday?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

karmicknight posted:

oh, alright. thank you for letting me know so i could vote for the light tube match.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Told my therapist about my Jace induced trust issues

I, too, was disappointed and horrified to hear that Julien Lowe from The Shield turned out to be a murderer.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

STING 64 posted:

you've done it now

Bad-asses, always kicking rear end in a top hat's rear end.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

At the very least, I haven't seen the AEW hell thread excuse racism and litigate how offended a person of colour ought to be over something explicitly racist, so that, in my view, puts it several places above the main AEW threads.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'm sure there's at least a half dozen people in the world that live in genuine, mortal terror of prime ministers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

For the record, I don't get mad at someone for watching WWE, but I will make fun of the product.