Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I've got 170k gold and 15k gems atm lmao it's good to take the summer off drafting

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Gonna be weird playing without manlands

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Going with kinda temur...uhh stuff (???) in my first sealed pool

I've won my first match tho it came down to my opponent not realising I had a blocker with reach. Lol. Classic.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

2-2 in my current temur sealed run. Lost a match cuz I thought tolarian geyser was an instant when in fact it is a sorcery. Lol. Classic.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Also had a squeaky bum moment when I realised you can only tap one creature when enlisting and not your entire board? Completely misunderstood that mechanic. Still managed to leverage my balduvian berserker to get the win in the end but it was a tight match

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Ended up going 3-3 with my temur sealed. Fair play. Done another sealed and instantly regretted it. Rares include urza assembles the titans, phasing of zalfir, that black cleric lord, and the black domain sweeper. Oofs upon oofs lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

That SaffronOlive Dragons deck looks so insanely dope but requires like 30 Mythics, I’ll never get those all together before rotation!

@Time, finally built your Mono-U Affinity list for Historic and it’s maybe the most busted deck I’ve ever played on Arena, so many insane openers. I haven’t opened my 4th RealY Chip yet so I jammed a Vedalken Archmage in that slot and have won every game I’ve ever untapped with it and sometimes even the same turn I play it. Ever tested it? Similar mana investment to chippy, not even sure I’m gonna cut it at this point.

Hello bust rodd. This is your family speaking. We would really appreciate if you would give us a call back. Thanks

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Lol meanwhile I’m trying to make micromancer + vesuvan diplomacy good in standard, I feel like there has to be a combo deck in there somewhere and I wanna find it

Mono black magic just posted a vid doing the thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WkKAgbghqg

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My first draft

UW fliers has felt good so far tho 3-2 atm. Both my losses were against RB oops all removal decks lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Draft 2: What am I Even Doing Lol?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

flatluigi posted:

show the rest of your pool

Retcon posted:

Unless there's absolutely nothing elses 23playable in your pool cut the white cards

So something like this??

The mythic rare sphinx was a total p2p1 punt but after that I started to look for domain payoffs and it totally trainwrecked my draft I think. Should have just stuck with the green black recursion theme I started with.

Help me unfuck my mana. Took the green/blue dual out but left the white ones in for the keldon strike team kicker and the few domain payoffs I've got, but should probably boot those as well?

Man it's real easy to get in the weeds in these drafts

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My last trainwreck draft ended 2-3 which was more than I could hope for lol. Gone again and ended up in UW again but with a red splash this time. Thoughts?

Deck:

Pool:

Sorry for the mobile screenshots.. it's the only way I can play the game :(

Also, hidden at the bottom of the 2 drop slot is a Hero's Heirloom which I thought would be cute with Danitha, but really aught to be something else I suppose

fridge corn fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 7, 2022

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Levin posted:

Probably would be easier to post this to sealeddeck tech is that's something you're capable of doing. Someone suggested you'd like to have at least 3 legendary creatures to run Hero's Heirloom so you're probably fine to play it. Looks like you're game plan is primarily to win through the air. I think the problem you'll most likely face is surviving early to setup your win con. I would consider cutting Impede Momentum, Argivian Phalanx and Frostfall Strider for Essence Scatter, Impulse, and Clockwork Bridge.

Ah I've never tried sealed deck tech. Something like this? https://sealeddeck.tech/XPv20hk3W5

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Ah I've never tried sealed deck tech. Something like this? https://sealeddeck.tech/XPv20hk3W5

3-0 so far with this deck. It plays nicely. Things get a bit busto when you've got Balmor and a Griffon Protector out and cast Captains Call.

Oh and the list is bit outdated cuz I did swap out the Frostfist Strider for the copy of Love Song of Night and Day in the end. Good card that

fridge corn fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 8, 2022

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

A Moose posted:

At this point if you still play arena on mobile, you signed up for this poo poo.

It's my only way to play!! :mad:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Anyway, does anyone know if this issue on mobile has been resolved yet? Does it affect anything in draft? Should I wait to finish my current draft til after it's been fixed just in case?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My limited win rate has got to be miles better than my constructed one lmao

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Trophied! Thanks for the advice to get this deck singing.

The last match was a victory parade as my opponent missed land drops and I essence scattered their 3 and 4 drops and then they forgot that Tolarian Terror had ward,

But the match before that was much tighter and I played very big-brainedly because I had Danitha on board and I absolutely knew knew knew they had that +3/+0 first strike combat trick so I played around it for several turns before baiting out an attack that looked really good on paper for them but I had Shivan Devastator in hand and whacked them on the crackback. Bombs are bombs but a win is also a win.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Lol just had someone triple block my writhing necromass. They must not realise you can turn off auto assign combat damage

E: and they just killed themselves by playing an unkicked sheoldreds restoration lmao oops

EE: oh yeah and earlier in the match I blocked their hulking cyclops with my phyrexian warhorse and the 1/1 token it created, they used the cyclops ability to sac one of their creatures to kill the 1/1 but I was able to sac it in response giving the warhorse +2/+1 and making the trade anyway. Lots of unforced errors from my opponent in that match, havent seen play that bad in a while. They would have won if they were tighter, I was constantly behind the whole match!

fridge corn fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Sep 12, 2022

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Hooplah posted:

Even with autoassign on, it'll distribute damage to kill as many dudes as possible

My necromass was a 6/6 at the time and they blocked with a 3/4, a 1/3, and a 5/4, i think with auto assign on it would have dealt just enough damage to kill the first blocker and then the rest to the next blocker until all damage was dealt and not do 2 damage to each blocker like I assigned to kill all three?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

wei posted:

if something has deathtouch, autoassign will assign 1 damage to each creature in order

Ahh okay I wasnt sure if it did that or not, I was under the impression that it wouldn't... why else would my opponent 3 for 1 themselves haha

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'm also really enjoying this format. The drafts are really challenging and you really gotta think rather than just getting locked into whatever archetype and just slamming whatever picks are in your colours

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Currently 4-2 with this draft

https://sealeddeck.tech/ENil7w4rtB

Been a lot of fun. P1p1 was the defiler of dreams but was kinda cut out of blue, started down a GR domain thing and ended being able to pick up a few blue spells when there wasnt much else to pick. Picked up a whole bunch of the UR taplands so I figured what the hell heres a sorta half UR spells, half domain stompy deck? Havent gotten to do the thing with tatyova yet. It's a bit slow with all the taplands. Not really enough blue to turn the defiler on but who cares the best card in the deck was always going to be the rootwallas anyway. Didnt see a single tolarian terror or meridas outrider the entire draft :(

E: this was definitely the most interesting draft I've done so far and the first one where I tried to be very mindful of taking a "gardener" approach and I'm pretty pleased with what I ended up with. Shame I dont have 17lands cuz I'd be interested to hear what you ppl think of the draft portion

fridge corn fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 13, 2022

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Currently 4-2 with this draft

https://sealeddeck.tech/ENil7w4rtB

Been a lot of fun. P1p1 was the defiler of dreams but was kinda cut out of blue, started down a GR domain thing and ended being able to pick up a few blue spells when there wasnt much else to pick. Picked up a whole bunch of the UR taplands so I figured what the hell heres a sorta half UR spells, half domain stompy deck? Havent gotten to do the thing with tatyova yet. It's a bit slow with all the taplands. Not really enough blue to turn the defiler on but who cares the best card in the deck was always going to be the rootwallas anyway. Didnt see a single tolarian terror or meridas outrider the entire draft :(

E: this was definitely the most interesting draft I've done so far and the first one where I tried to be very mindful of taking a "gardener" approach and I'm pretty pleased with what I ended up with. Shame I dont have 17lands cuz I'd be interested to hear what you ppl think of the draft portion

Went 6-3 in the end. Shame to not get the trophy but this was a fun as hell deck and draft. My last loss was to an ultra streamlined UR spells deck that just curved out beautifully on me. Cant really complain! This format owns

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Any help with this draft deck? There are quite a few considerations I'm unsure about

https://sealeddeck.tech/gC5q5geCzp

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Simply Simon posted:

Yeah it's a bit awkward, especially the curve. I would go with sth like this:
https://sealeddeck.tech/VbigOMphJu
Lighter on the white splash, the swarm to bring the curve down and allow you to survive longer, the worst wall out, Prophecy over Braids (which I think is not very good)

Cool, I like what you've done with it. Feels weird to leave Take Up the Shield out tho, like leaving the house without your phone or something lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Simply Simon posted:

It's great but it's not a card I want to splash for. If you want to include it, feel free of course, but when splashing unless you have, like, five duals that just give you the colors for free, I always think "okay I might not have this color before turn five, or turn seven even, is it still worth". It CAN be, but that's also a bit dependent on your playstyle re: tricks etc. and the deck, and idk about this one needing it to set up a crucial 2-for-1 or giving you life back you really need or whatever. I could be wrong!

3-1 so far. Deck is tons of fun.

I've played so many different kinds of decks in this format and they've all been super fun and capable. This an absolute GOAT format without a doubt.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Also what is with the auto lands this format giving HBG lands instead of DMU lands? Am I the only one who goes in and manually swaps out the lands for DMU lands for their draft decks?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Event #22

My P1P1 choice was between Cruelty of Gix and Tolarian Geyser and I think that (unduly?) shaped the whole draft lol. I could have had three geysers in pack 1, but it felt like there was a comparable black card at each pick too.

I steered into the domain deck so I leaned into green cards even though I kept getting passed Cavaliers. I think this holds together even if it doesn't seem super impressive...? The blue splash for Micromancer and Espionage is probably better than two badgers?

Tolarian geyser is like the best common in the best colour in the set, I'd be snapping them up regardless of what my p1p1 was. I think I'd even pick it over cruelty of gix as well p1p1

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Speaking of defender decks, have i built this properly?

https://sealeddeck.tech/WNESFAEUEy

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The defender deck is real and it's my friend. Tho timing is key when slamming down your chaplain. Have had some close ones lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well, went 2-3 with this, which I guess was to be expected lol and is exactly one win short of clawing back over the line for another draft. Last loss was to a deck that went Archangel of Wrath into Darien and they even had the Shore Up to block my Mindsinger (which only worked in one game really, every other game opp had counterspells or shore ups or even just pumping to put their creature out of range lol).

"Play until you run out of money" always ends on a down note, but 35 events off my initial 50 dollar buy-in isn't the worst I guess.

I guess it's interesting, however, to look at the overall patterns -- two weeks ago I was on a relative hot streak (including 3 trophies) and I was beginning to think I had a handle on the format. Then this week was 5 negative drafts in a row which was enough to clean me out. I don't think I played substantially worse in the games (any mistakes I made here I would have made two weeks ago) and I consciously avoided playing on tilt, but it did feel like I kept on drafting worse decks. Is it just variance? Did I miss a turn in the metagame? Or is it just that the people left drafting the format this late are the grinders and I hit my skill wall?

Did you have fun?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Am I the only one who manually changed their basics to the DMU lands every draft?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

This is the first time I've watched any of Jim Davis's content, is he always this insufferable?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Dude just loves his soundboard, don’t hate on simple pleasures

I enjoy watching his set reviews because you can see him getting more and more tired and annoyed as he starts each new color.

That sounds the opposite of what I want from an mtg youtuber

The only mtg youtuber ive posted here is mono black magic who's enthusiasm I find quite charming although I could easily see how someone could find him irritating. The only other constructed youtuber I follow is LVD. Are there any other decent youtubers for standard bo1 decks?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'm not going to miss meathook

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Waffleopolis posted:

I just want a deck that uses Silverback Elder......I wanna use the big gorilla.... :smith:

The only time ive used silverback elder was when I drafted it and the deck went 0-3 lmao

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Defenders deck is more fun with 2 wingmantle chaplains. Why does everyone try to kill my chaplains immediately? The damage is already done you fool yes please send it to the graveyard. *casts kicked urborg repossession bringing both chaplains back to my hand*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Where are you going?? Come baaaaaack