Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Horrible scrum dick was a common affliction at Eton, I'm led to understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Angepain posted:

It has twat for Truss too, though uncensored for sone reason. Maybe Starmer's "t**t" is something else? Tiit?

Taut :wiggle:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, that is a Lib Dem move

Whatever happened to Tintower?

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Leadership election, piss off, give us a GE and let the lmaos continue

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Just Another Lurker posted:

Got double whammied on Wednesday, by Thursday i felt like i had a bad flu... felt great on Friday aside from tender jab sites.

This doesn't fit in the scansion of the song at all, Craig David would be turning in his grave :mad:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

_ posted:

How many people cannot speak English right (sic) English Are receiving unemployment benefits

Bitter lol

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Dulce et Tescorum est

pro patria Morrisons

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Lady Gaza posted:

I probably wouldn’t lie about that, but I do have a very young son and I worry about him catching it. Since I got my first jab early (a friend text that her hospital had spare doses going) and my booster early, I probably have very low immunity by now.

I really don’t see why the government aren’t going full force with boosters, considering how effective they appear to be. It’d help the economy after all, and that’s all they seem to care about.

They don't care about the economy, they care about their and their mates' share in it, the rest can get hosed - even if that means they end up with less in the future.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

If it was done by anyone other than an advertising agency, I would have a grim chuckle. Instead it just feels like gloating.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I still think the obsession that upper crust types, and americans, have with it is frankly perverse. It makes very little difference to me what some distant ancestor of mine was doing other than to the degree it has produced me where I am, and I am already aware of the fact that I am here.

There's a difference between family histories being used to glorify the lineage of the aristocracy, and being interesting for historical reasons or to get a sense of where the culture you inherit from your parents and close family might have come from. Just because you're not interested, that doesn't make it a toff thing.

My dad's side of the family come from all over northern England, Wales, and Scotland, and my mum's side come from eastern Germany and what is now northern Poland. The stuff some of my family who have looked into this have unearthed is fascinating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Both sides of my family were Cork dirt-farmers for the past thousand years, except that my family/clan supposedly originate from Ragnar Lothbrok via his son Ivar the Boneless.

Why would I want to upset that neat origin story with the knowledge that Ragnar is at least semi-mythical, or even worse do some genetic testing and discover a Welshman had slipped into my great-great-(n)-granny's DMs at some point.

Does your family have a cultural disposition towards wearing long trousers, or an aversion to pits full of snakes?