Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It doesn't really matter who the Steelers are playing at QB, their offensive line looks like a disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

How many of them are from Rutgers?

Only Devin McCourty. Nobody else from Rutgers has survived the years for some mysterious reason.

They also have this guy from Texas

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

You don't think Colts fans were livid at the way last year ended?

So mad the owner is like oh yeah, Wentz will not be the QB of this team next year.

Then they moved on from him super early and got an absurd return, which I imagine was a pretty nice balm for the fanbase.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean Cam did start out pretty well last year though? He just almost immediately got covid / hurt and proceeded to look like dogshit. Opening two games were pretty optimistic.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hell that game even had N'Keal Harry's one good play as a pro.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I can. Their opening act is a pair of lady pianists who play piano covers of Rammstein songs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Nothing unsettling about that imagery at all.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GratefulMemorableAlbertosaurus-mobile.mp4

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

The pyrotechnics are like the least unsettling thing about Rammstein.

Some people just can't appreciate good wholesome homoerotic BDSM

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Huh, this could possibly be pretty good news if he can go at all anymore. He was decent last year for the Texans before he got injured. I thought he was still with them, didn't realize they dropped him. Kinda shocked no one else offered something to him.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1567973081242640384

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean Bills good, but Rams are probably about 40% superbowl hangover 40% weaker roster, 20% September doldrums from not like, you know, doing anything in the preseason. I'd give the last more credence but well, hasn't affected the Rams before.

Either way, it's week 1, I'll consider the Rams as done if they're playing like this in October.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

oh poo poo

the rest of the league is screwed

Hill gonna catch a pass run back to his own 1 yard line and dive out of bounds.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

Pats running with ease

The most exciting 6 yards per play you've ever seen

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

yeah, that's about it really.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bellmaker posted:

Bill sucks rear end as a GM. I also don’t think the Pats have aced a draft since like 2012.

Also I think he’s an average QB but trading Garoppolo without a backup successor was inexcusable.

They traded Jimmy G in 2017 and got 3 great years out of Brady after that, then ended up with Mac, who looks better then Jimmy even with all his faults, so what's the problem there?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Pats FA spending last year was better then you'd normally get from FA's.

They signed 4 expensive guys (which okay, that's pretty ridiculous right there) and had a major hit in Judon, and your typical A money for B player in Henry, and two A money for C players in Judon and Aghalor. Add on Bourne as a B hit for C money and that's a good FA period when you're trying to build and develop a rookie. That left them hamstrung for this year in FA, but that's fine, they can be free of everything but the Judon contract this year if needed. The coaching stuff is at best a major concern, so yeah, bang on that all day. But the FA stuff and Belichick's work in the draft the last 3 offseasons has looked pretty positive.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't think the Pats have actually abandoned the Erhardt-Perkins system, have they?

I know one thing, I think it's going to be waaay harder for them to recruit free agent this offseason. Now they have to find players who are not only willing to put up with the Patriot Way baloney, but also are not put off by the reputation Patricia has earned. His presence in the building was enough to prevent the Patriots from having any remote chance at Stafford over a year ago.

They have changed offensive schemes. They spent the offseason talking about needing to streamline the offense because the system they've been using is outdated and overcomplicated, leading to problems with players acclimating to the scheme, as seen by nearly every receiver they've tried to bring into it over the past decade. They also changed offensive blocking schemes, because Dante isn't walking through those doors. Doing this and taking time to adjust is fine and normal. Doing this without a competent offensive coaching staff on the other hand...

They also signed no free agents this offseason because they had no money to sign free agents with. They spent it all last year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also they're both me.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The white cool guy, the rarest white guy position this side of cornerback.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Wow. Crazy comeback for Miami as well.

And a slow, methodical, gritty, grinding into dust by new england. Yep, none of that fancy exciting football in these lunch pails.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

t a s t e posted:

Following up that game with bengals cowboys, yuck

Watching the Cowboys eat poo poo for 3 hours will be fun I expect

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud at halftime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSDV1f4BW-Y

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Should've known something was up when Aghalor housed that pass over a defender

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CubanMissile posted:

Was NE competent today, or is there something broken deep in the heart of Pittsburgh that I wasn’t aware of?

Offense was better, still made a bunch of errors that killed drives, but they were able to consistently move the ball, while the defense is good enough to beat a QB as bad as Mitch Trubisky.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/austingayle_/status/1571853907416031233

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Old man party

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1571605928377569286

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dolphins did a thing that hasn't happened since the cripples & cowards era of professional football

https://twitter.com/QuirkyResearch/status/1571855929121067008

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

I've watched maybe 1 minute of Jets football this year.

He's been mostly bad and these are absurd rankings, right?

You'd think he'd be worse on the eye test, but there's only so bad a 26/44, 307 yards, 4 TD performance can be.

Flacco was 8th this week in DYAR at 108 after being 22 in last week's snoozer at -10. Which passes my eye test for yeah, about 12th seems right.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't think anyone thinks Flacco's good, he just demonstrated why you have a vet backup for young QB's. He's just good enough to take advantage of beneficial situations and clowned on a team that fell on its rear end.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I am still nervous about Tua. It was just one game. What's the saying? Even a blind hog can suck off an acorn every once in a while.

If you want a fun example of that route:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201809300chi.htm

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

A sack a game is the 4th worst in the NFL? Yikes!

Yep, in two games:

10 - Buccaneers
9 - Bills
8 - Cowboys
7 - Vikings, Steelers, Chargers
6 - Patriots, Titans, Jaguars, Lions, Browns
5 - Falcons, Bears, Broncos, Texans, Chiefs, Rams, Football Team
4 - Panthers, Packers, Ravens, 49ers
3 - Colts, Giants, Jets, Eagles, Seahawks
2 - Bengals, Dolphins
1 - Cardinals, Saints, Raiders

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sacks taken is a more condensed group except for ye ol' outliers.

1 - Chiefs
2 - Browns, Patriots, Jaguars, Ravens, Chargers
3 - 49ers, Titans, Buccaneers, Falcons, Vikings, Bills
4 - Steelers, Seahawks, Lions, Cardinals, Eagles, Dolphins
5 - Bears, Cowboys, Broncos, Jets
6 - Panthers, Texans, Football Team
7 - Packers, Raiders, Colts
8 - Giants, Rams
10 - Saints
13 - Bengals

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nodoze posted:

Bourne and Henry barely getting used, but have to put Parker out there on every play cause he is EddyPLionsFans guy

That this is the problem and not the oline being a complete nightmare after what were subjected to all during training camp is so nice.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Did you notice in the Steelers game they've already give up on all the outside zone runs lol? That experiment lasted long.

They did a couple at the end, but yeah. It didn't work, so they don't do it, the system works!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The reffing in that game was worse then the fail-mary that ended the ref lockout.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sirtommygunn posted:

The scab refs made the right call on the 'fail mary' though. Not their fault the simultaneous catch rule is awful.

No it wasn't. The defender catches the ball, the receiver puts his hands on it as they're going to the ground. in no world is that a simultaneous catch.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Okay easy enough, show me footage of another example of this ever happening.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dietrich Wise is having a monster game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Kalli Voice: Lunchpails, team puts on their pants one leg at a time. Just gotta keep grinding.

I just laugh at how they're dead even on so many of these graphs.