Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Yeah, Wo Long has a lot of system changes to what I'm used to with Nioh, and it definitely feels different. I'm not good at it yet but I like their intentions with the changes to stamina/spirit and the Fortitude mechanics, and how they tie into your access to magic and special attacks.

As always with the Team Ninja games, the first demo is really rough and probably from a fairly early build of the game, and obviously doesn't indicate how much content and weapons/magic/skills/etc are going to be in the final game. If they follow the pattern with Nioh 1 and 2, I expect the next two demos for Wo Long to show dramatic improvements in performance and balancing and refinement. This first demo is a good foundation, and the final game is going to be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

New thread, new posters, so here's a friendly invitation to our friendly Discord server for PlayStation thread posters!

We'll help you with hardware or software troubleshooting, game recommendations, trophy hunting, or just finding other folks to play games with. Everyone is welcome!

https://discord.gg/9j7ugAb

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

That one got delayed for like 3 months!!

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Oscar Wild posted:

How far back do I need to go if I want to play metal gear solid? Ps3? Is there any way to get it functional on a 4 or 5? What's the oldest MGS game on the 4 or 5?

MGS 1, 2, and 3 can only be played on a PS3 or earlier. MGS2 and MGS3 have HD remakes that are only available on PS3.

MGS4 is PS3 only.

MGSV (Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain) is on PS4. Metal Gear Survive is also on PS4.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

They're all worth playing, in spite of and even due to their antiquatedness.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

How I wish they would release MGS1 and VR Missions on PS+ Premium!!

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Time_pants posted:

Where is the best place to get cheap PS+ subscriptions? Last year, I got 12 months of PS+ for like $23 from CDKeys.com, but now a year of PS+ is $45. Do I just have to wait for a sale, or is there anywhere that is selling them for a more reasonable amount?

$40 is the lowest normal price you can get outside of holiday sales or rare discounts. The absolute lowest you'll usually see is now about $30, and that happens once a year maybe if that.

CDKeys and Eneba are my usual go-tos when I'm looking for cheap 12-month sub codes.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

man nurse posted:

PlayStation Stars seems like another quality Sony service offering lol. As mentioned your past purchases and trophies are not retroactive.

Let’s take a look at the value. Currently if you buy one of the games listed in the store picks campaign you get 50 points. Let’s see how many you need for a worthwhile reward.

Awesome.

If you are a PS+ subscriber (any tier), you also get 4% back on your purchases, including tax, in the PS Stars rewards points. This is roughly equivalent (or I'll say "comparable" since this page is touchy about comparing numbers) to what the Nintendo and Xbox rewards programs offer.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

ErrEff posted:

Anyone have some examples of what the "digital rewards" are for doing any of this PlayStation Stars stuff? Are we talking 3D models you can at least spin around or just PNGs?

You can only see and manage them on the mobile app for now. They said PS console support is coming later. Digital rewards so far are little trophy images you can put on a virtual shelf.

Here are the rest of the rewards as of launch day, 10/5/2022.

PS Store Wallet Credit:
$20.00 - 5,000 points
$5.00 - 1,250 points

PS Store Rewards:
Cult of the Lamb - 6,250 points
It Takes Two - 10,000 points
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - 15,000 points
The Quarry - 17,500 points
Hades - 6,250 points

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

And if you want to complete the Hit Play/1994 campaign for a trophy collectible, these are the games you need to launch. They're all included in PS+ I believe so you shouldn't need to buy anything.

Also the servers are being slammed right now so it might take a while for you to get credit for launching them. I still haven't yet.

Stay x Circle of Life: Returnal
Baby I Love Your Way x Go West: Death Stranding: Director's Cut
Mr. Jones x Regulate: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
More Human Than Human: Detroit: Become Human
Wild Night: Until Dawn
Streets of Philadelphia: Heavy Rain

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

triple sulk posted:

Seems like a huge waste of time and I'll probably ignore it exists other than passively getting a few hundred points a year that I can't do anything with besides getting dumb "collectibles"

I already posted the rewards you can get, including PSN credit and games.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Do you have to launch them all? Same for the fighting game one?

For this mission you have to launch them all. For the fighting game one, you only need to launch one of the matching games.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Well drat. Death Stranding is in the higher PS+ Tier. Only one I don’t have.

I'm not sure if base Death Stranding on PS4 counts but you could try that one if it's available to you?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Ineffiable posted:

Its a 4% back effective rate so it only takes $125 spend to make $5.

4% back on purchases, so any bonuses from campaigns will only lower the $125 threshold for a $5 return.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Escobarbarian posted:

Dragon Quest XI (really wish I’d bought this on a portable console tbh but I’ve played far enough to not want to start again. might play some in a bit)

PS remote play is like the perfect use case for turn-based JRPGs.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Hazo posted:

I know I want to get God of War 2 for my wife's birthday at the end of October. I've never played the game or know anything about preorder perks other than that they exist. Is it worth it to drop the 60 bucks (+$14 release date delivery holy poo poo) for our PS4 version, or should I wait until after release? Neither of us are hardcore gamers or anything so it's not a huge deal if waiting will be cheaper.

There are some minor digital bonuses for pre-ordering but nothing earth-shattering.

If you're in the US and order from direct.playstation.com, you can get free release date delivery.
https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/games/game/god-of-war-ragnarok-launch-edition-ps4.1000031639

Also I'm sure you're aware but the game comes out November 9, so if you're trying to get it on launch day for your wife's birthday then you won't be seeing any discounts until after it releases. Since it's a new game this year, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get any major discounts until sometime next year.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Yeah I ain't messing with any of those janky third-party back button installations.

I really want the Edge but I may wait for reviews and user feedback on build quality. I'll probably still get it anyway at some point.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

BigHandsVince posted:

Need a hand.

Was playing the PS5'y update of days gone.

PS plus expired, so I put in the PS4 disc copy. It won't let me play, says I have to buy it, do I?

I already have it on disc.

Probably need to back up your save, delete your installed download copy, and reinstall from disc.

EDIT: Oh if your PS+ expired then you can't back up to cloud. But it should be fine, deleting the game installation shouldn't delete your save files.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

So Tactics Ogre Reborn isn't cross-buy? And I guess you can't even buy the PS4 version from a PS5 unless I'm missing something. I'm sure there are other examples of this happening recently, it's a bit dumb, love me some artificial digital scarcity.

Product description says:
This product entitles you to download both the digital PS4™ version and the digital PS5™ version of this game.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Too bad it's not PS5-only like it was originally announced I think.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

I hope the "ballistics" line is still in, also "small-time"

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

I think I might have bought Resident Evil 4 as many times as I've bought Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Maybe. It's probably close. I don't want to count.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Arist posted:

Lol I bought Persona 5 for the fifth(!) time today on PC

You know what they call Persona 5 on PC?

Persona 5 Royale with cheese

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

video games suck rear end tbqh (imho)

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Related to the topic of accessibility, God of War: Ragnarok devs took Naughty Dog's level of accessibility features as a challenge to match.

https://www.gamesradar.com/god-of-war-ragnarok-accessibility-features-last-of-us/

Article wrongly identifies the audio puzzle in the desert as from God of War 2018, though it's actually from the original original God of War on PS2. SMDH

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

DualSense Edge US link: https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/accessories/accessory/dualsense-edge-wireless-controller.1000033578

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1585270206305386497

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Pack up your PS5 and take it to your local library or Starbucks and download the game over their wifi.

The downside is you will have to repeat this task any time they push out a big update. Good luck goon.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

If I ain't never played no nioh before, is it ok to start with 2?

Yes, absolutely. Nioh 2 is one of my personal GOATs, especially if you have friends to play it with.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Thanks guys. Didn't realize it was multiplayer, maybe I can get my brother to play!

You can play the entire game fully co-op with up to two friends (three players total), or solo the game and summon your friends to help you Dark Souls style. It rules.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

We had a Jaz drive on the old family Macintosh Performa (I think). It could hold an insane 2GB per disk! How are you ever going to fill that up?? I played so many Mac games and demos off that thing.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

acksplode posted:

A little behind the scenes film trivia: Due to regulations, nearly anything racist in a movie was added during post production by a specialized racism machine. It ADR'ed half the lines in Pulp Fiction. Older analogue models could apply various colors of face, which became a bit of a lost art after the transition to digital production. It's the unsung hero behind Mickey Rooney's performance in Breakfast at Tiffany's. The concept was pioneered when Birth of a Nation used a primitive form of mocap to superimpose klansmen over horses. Strict export controls make it a felony to share complete machines or even details and schematics with Italy.

That machine's name? Albert Einstein??

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Maybe the Japanese will have to visit Play-America and import a forbidden copy

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Escobarbarian posted:

There’s this new loving Marvel card game on phones and it works a bit like act 3 of Inscryption (with the energy levels etc) and because of that I may actually kind of end up getting into it

I haven't played Inscryption yet but I have been playing Marvel Snap and it's good fun. I'm a newbie to CCGs though.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Yeah I'm in low 20s so far and it wouldn't surprise me if I haven't faced a single real human opponent yet. I feel like the challenge is going to spike up hard whenever that starts happening.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone tell if I pay £210 for a controller will the battery last more than 2 hours because I'll loving do it

We probably won't know until it releases in January or whenever. Maybe a little bit before that if they give out review copies.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

You can talk about it here

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

PS+ Essential games for November 2022 are available now! (Nov 1 - Dec 5)

Nioh 2 / Nioh 2 Remastered | PS4 & PS5 | MSRP $39.99
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA15532_00-NIOH2NA100000000

Lego Harry Potter Collection | PS4 | MSRP $19.99
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1018-CUSA05954_00-HARRYPOTTER17000
* Also available in PS+ Premium as part of the Classics Catalog

Heavenly Bodies | PS4 & PS5 | MSRP $19.99
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP8006-PPSA04246_00-8686193781203235

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

For those who want to buy, registration to pre-order at PS Direct is now available:

Register for an exclusive invite to pre-order PS VR2
If selected, we will contact you via email with details.

PS5 Console required. Terms and Conditions apply.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-vr2/register-to-pre-order/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Games that you claim from PS+ Extra and Premium will be accessible to you until either A) your subscription to that tier expires, or B) the game leaves the service.

The second option is fairly uncommon but does indeed happen, and you can see a full list of games with expiration dates at websites like https://psnowguide.com/availability/timed/ (whose owner apparently manually checks for this data regularly).

All that said, there's not really a reason to go about adding everything to your library. Unless you really like doing it. Since you won't be able to continue accessing games you claimed if they're not available on the service anymore.