Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Sailor Video Games posted:

"Hello, cancer patient who I agree is a cancer patient? Please explain ur IP addresses or else." It is completely insane you think this is reasonable to expect someone to know. I touch computers for a living and I could, at best give a vague reason for what public IP I'm coming from is what it is.

"where were you when you posted these comments about being in the hospital? because from our side it sure looks like you were posting from home and not the hospital"

Answering that question doesn't require you to know anything about IP addresses, it just needs you to know where you were.

The only way you'd find it hard to answer is if you actually were at home but had some reason to need to pretend that you weren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

"Hello, cancer patient who I agree is a cancer patient? Please explain ur IP addresses or else." It is completely insane you think this is reasonable to expect someone to know. I touch computers for a living and I could, at best give a vague reason for what public IP I'm coming from is what it is.

shut the gently caress up lmfao

astral
Apr 26, 2004

And yet Jeffrey clearly had screenshots because he posted them. I'm thinking about a Ship of Theseus problem, is it different if you don't tell someone you've dug up their personal info? :v:

You posted this:

If I suddenly got a PM from the guy who owned the website i posted on with screenshots of my social media, addressed to my government name demanding *more* personal information I'd be angry too and a lot less publicly complimentary.

Since the hypothetical thing you raised didn't actually happen to 50s girl groupon to begin with, I'm going to say "Yes, these are different things."

By the way, Jeffrey explained in his post where the twitter stuff came from, but since you couldn't read the tiniest little quote tag that had the PM I suppose I can't blame you for not reading the rest of the post, either. It was pretty long, and it's a lot easier to get angry about something if you don't read it to begin with.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

….what is the point in making this public, anyway? If it’s true scamming happened, why not ban first then make a sticky post so people are aware of what went down?
Well, I didn't want to to hash it out publicly at all - I only did so because of this thread.

The reason I went to 50GG first is a genuine level of uncertainty here. There very well could be explanations, they are just long shots. I would much rather have received a specific explanation regarding specific hospital visits than this. The evidence was damning enough that I believe there to have been shenanigans, and enough that I believed I owed it to the userbase to follow up with 50GG directly, but not beyond a reasonable doubt.

I did not send the twitter screenshots in the PM - they were reported to me and what prompted the investigation into the IP logs.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Wendigee posted:

we can't close this thread till we get Sid's balls clipped

yup. it's about community

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mycophobia posted:

my name is mycophobia and i am a complete individual person

sir I'm going to have to ask you to calm down and tell me right now if you are fyad

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Upcoming twist: multiple posters involved, cats balls still attached?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The pro move would be posting proof and then starting a patreon that goons would donate too out of guilt for how you were falsely accused op

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

good god lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
can I have my money back?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just tie a string to them and wait until someone opens the door

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
i am so invested in the cats balls

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

That Little Demon posted:

can I have my money back?

Did you get a free frog dog

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I've known 50gg since 2010. We met in these forums. 50gg is one of the best friends I've ever had and I'd jump in front of a train for him.

I assure you that everything he said is true. I've texted with him while he was in the hospital (with selfies) as well as when he was at home, all the drama through his medical bills and his job.

He is not a liar. If he is, he's the best goddamn actor in the planet. And he's not that good of an actor.

He's had cancer before, and cancer scares before. I've spent late nights with us going all e/n on each other probably 100 times.

Seriously, gently caress you if you think he's faking it.

All that was asked was to explain the IP address inconsistencies. Said he was in the hospital in 2022, IP addresses on posts show he was posting from his home. Why?

That's it.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Sid is your cat really named Zagreus? That's a cool name for a cat. What made you decide on it?

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Fluffdaddy posted:

Because they raised tens of thousands through our website and we do have to protect our userbase. We want to make sure everything is on the up and up. That is a fair ask by the owner and the administrators of this website.

I’ve raised this money since 2020 so please stop acting like I got a dump of money all at once. I’ve been out of work since mid February of 2020 and stopped receiving disability payments from work in September of that same year. For those who don’t know, disability payments are only 60% of your salary. I worked briefly in 2021, had to go on leave again, returned in November 2021, went back on medical leave in February 2022 because there was concern I would need a lobectomy (I did).

Spread the money I received over that time period. My rent is $950. My healthcare premiums through work were $410 a month until they were cancelled this month. Do you think cancer treatment are cheap? Medications? Food?

You keep throwing around big numbers like I’m laying on a hoard of cash and not struggling to make ends meet. You’re being intentionally misleading while accusing me of doing the same about something I have repeatedly stated in this very thread I can’t explain, that I won’t try to explain because I don’t know how it works and would much rather just say I’m ignorant about it.

Like I don’t have an explanation for IP stuff, I don’t know what else I could possibly say? I’ve offered to prove to Jeffrey that despite the IP weirdness I was, in fact, in the hospital like I said I was. The issue is that nobody actually wants to listen, everyone has made up their minds and it hurts because I made so many wonderful friends during this extremely lovely time in my life and I don’t want them to be hurt.

(I realize my continuing to try to explain myself is doing exactly that)

It’s been 24 days according to GFM since I got a donation, and I haven’t said anything about my GFM since the threads were closed until today.

Admins hijacked my goodbye thread acting like I put them on blast when on page one I said I wasn’t being harassed, I wasn’t going to “name and shame”, I was just upset and wanted to leave now rather than doomscrolling (…like I’m doing lmao) until my mental health got worse.

You have to live with your decisions to make this into a big deal. Good luck.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish I had my own sticked thread when I was suffering from a lethal injury with proof but all I got was license for a lovely ad.

We don't always get what we want but I've been kept alive so long due to goon donations that if anything I was surprised the mods didn't care to even check my documents or proof at some point.

If you post proof or just start a gofundme or whatever you'll probably keep getting donations because if I was able to get them through an ad surely you can too, the whole ban me thing really sets a bad precedent for the rest of us who are also poor, had cancer, and depended on goons to stay alive. gently caress there are so many in this site, even, it's depressing how lovely cancer is.

Anyway good luck OP on your endeavor.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
First I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of snipping Sid's balls off

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

LordAdakos posted:

Sid is your cat really named Zagreus? That's a cool name for a cat. What made you decide on it?

its the main character in Hades and i have problems with parasocial relationships and so my cat has the name of a video game man i have a crush on

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I made this with an AI using the prompt "photorealistic portrait angry fat obese cat typing at a computer in outrage"

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Tosk posted:

the mods should probably just close this and handle it some other way. No one who donated seems to want it to escalate or anything, so just write it in the annals as yet another goon saga

Not an empty quote.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKIeamPi2Y

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Jabor posted:

"where were you when you posted these comments about being in the hospital? because from our side it sure looks like you were posting from home and not the hospital"

Answering that question doesn't require you to know anything about IP addresses, it just needs you to know where you were.

The only way you'd find it hard to answer is if you actually were at home but had some reason to need to pretend that you weren't.

50gg has a partner who could have posted updates on their behalf while OP was doped up in the hospital.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

So send the proof to Jeff so he can say, "I was wrong" and gas the thread.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

time to remove your balls sid, im sorry it came to this but you already got kids

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

50gg has a partner who could have posted updates on their behalf while OP was doped up in the hospital.

and 50gg could has simply said that lol, but nah, keep pulling excuses out of your rear end until something sticks i guess?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Sid Vicious posted:

its the main character in Hades and i have problems with parasocial relationships and so my cat has the name of a video game man i have a crush on

+

Tosk posted:

I made this with an AI using the prompt "photorealistic portrait angry fat obese cat typing at a computer in outrage"

lmao

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

50s girl groupon posted:

I’ve raised this money since 2020 so please stop acting like I got a dump of money all at once. I’ve been out of work since mid February of 2020 and stopped receiving disability payments from work in September of that same year. For those who don’t know, disability payments are only 60% of your salary. I worked briefly in 2021, had to go on leave again, returned in November 2021, went back on medical leave in February 2022 because there was concern I would need a lobectomy (I did).

Spread the money I received over that time period. My rent is $950. My healthcare premiums through work were $410 a month until they were cancelled this month. Do you think cancer treatment are cheap? Medications? Food?

You keep throwing around big numbers like I’m laying on a hoard of cash and not struggling to make ends meet. You’re being intentionally misleading while accusing me of doing the same about something I have repeatedly stated in this very thread I can’t explain, that I won’t try to explain because I don’t know how it works and would much rather just say I’m ignorant about it.

Like I don’t have an explanation for IP stuff, I don’t know what else I could possibly say? I’ve offered to prove to Jeffrey that despite the IP weirdness I was, in fact, in the hospital like I said I was. The issue is that nobody actually wants to listen, everyone has made up their minds and it hurts because I made so many wonderful friends during this extremely lovely time in my life and I don’t want them to be hurt.

It’s been 24 days according to GFM since I got a donation, and I haven’t said anything about my GFM since the threads were closed until today.

Admins hijacked my goodbye thread acting like I put them on blast when on page one I said I wasn’t being harassed, I wasn’t going to “name and shame”, I was just upset and wanted to leave now rather than doomscrolling (…like I’m doing lmao) until my mental health got worse.

Crazy to think that like 4 people are nodding at this

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Elentor posted:

I wish I had my own sticked thread when I was suffering from a lethal injury with proof but all I got was license for a lovely ad.

We don't always get what we want but I've been kept alive so long due to goon donations that if anything I was surprised the mods didn't care to even check my documents or proof at some point.

If you post proof or just start a gofundme or whatever you'll probably keep getting donations because if I was able to get them through an ad surely you can too, the whole ban me thing really sets a bad precedent for the rest of us who are also poor, had cancer, and depended on goons to stay alive. gently caress there are so many in this site, even, it's depressing how lovely cancer is.

Anyway good luck OP on your endeavor.

YOU HAVE CANCER? I DON'T BELIEVE YOU! POST PROOF YOU LIAR!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

lol you didn't read a single post did you

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
What the actual gently caress

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cringe.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This is just getting sad.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

50s girl groupon posted:

Look, it is a lot of money, and we aren't asking for you to give refunds nor are we accusing you of misappropriating the funds. All we said was hey this summer you mentioned a lot of hospital visits but the posts locations don't add up can you explain it. And yet you continue to dodge the question and are instead using a lot of words to paint us as the ones who have done something wrong. We are just asking for accountability, that is all.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

50s girl groupon posted:

I’ve offered to prove to Jeffrey that despite the IP weirdness I was, in fact, in the hospital like I said I was.

Cool you should probably do that then

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol you didn't read a single post did you

I've read most of the thread and have considered OP one of my best friends for more than a decade.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
i think i know hwo we can make this right. 50ssgg, if u can pay for sids very good boy to have his balls chopped off, i think gbs will absolve you of your sins. fair?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

go away bitch

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I've read most of the thread and have considered OP one of my best friends for more than a decade.

so you're posting in spite of the evidence because internet friend... cool let me take you seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

If that's what happened, then they should have just said that?

I mean, you're their IRL friend, there's always the possibility that they asked you to log into their account and post updates. But instead of speculating about what might have happened, why not just ask people what actually did happen?

It gets a little suspicious when you ask someone what actually happened and they reply with a whole bunch of stuff that happened years earlier and never get around to actually answering your question.