Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat, MHA doesn’t have a siren.

Real fall from grace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

New Gundam is from the Princess Principal writer?

Might need to check it out then.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kinda figured most isekai fans posted in the season threads instead.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Chapter 8 of Arknights is extremely good and when the anime gets to it in season 3 or so I will watch it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Silver Spoon is a cool farming anime that has a pretty grounded understanding of agricultural work. No dragons though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Very glad that seven seas decided to actually listen to the criticism and edit the localization. Even if it was treated as an evil victory by gamergaters lol

Gamergaters must be in a rough spot these days if they're counting a thing getting gayer as a victory.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

i dont really care for the doctor but theyre too important to later plot points to write out, and they do actually kind of have a personality

the amnesia setup is annoying tho

I like the amnesia setup entirely because of the like 2 flashbacks to pre-amnesia times where they're just like any other character and not a slient protag with dialogue choices.

Though I guess they can't really do anything with that in the anime

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Season 3 is gonna be hype

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah it kinda of reminds me of Granblue Fantasy which was another straight forward adaptation of the least interesting parts of the story

Priconne doing its story super fast and more as a comedy is more an exception than the rule for Mobage anime

GBF gonna be tight when it gets to season 5. Or whenever it gets to Nalhengrade.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

My point was the lack of any chemistry.

But, that's not what you said

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Good manga imo. I will attempt to watch the anime

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Shonen jump adaptions are rarely especially exciting so like I dunno, Chainsawman is good but not amazing or whatever but not sure why you'd go in expecting something incredible. Also only 13 episodes and while the early arcs of Chainsawman are good they're not what made me a huge fan of the series.

Def don't know why the petition is such a talking point though. 2000 or so internet nerds disliking an adaption of their fav manga means less than nothing so not sure why anyone could possibly care.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Omnicrom posted:

You say that, but I remember last year talking in the best of the year thread about how much I liked Jujutsu Kaisen and pointing out it had these merits to it and that it made a lot of other shows look so much worse by comparison because it was so good and all the things it did made it look so easy and I had someone suddenly jump on me "You say that because THE CHAINSAWMAN ANIME ISN'T OUT YET! CHAINSAWMAN IS ALL THAT AND MORE! CSM IS THE TRUE COMPETITOR AND ULTIMATE PEER OF JJK! CHAINSAWMAN IS WHAT IT'S COMPETING WITH! CHAINSAWMAN!" And similarly I'd heard nothing but incredible hype and excitement for Chainsaw Man from all quarters and yet both the anime and manga struck me as kind of a Paper Tiger. And now having seen both I'm gonna say I like Jujutsu Kaisen better.

Again, it's alright. So's the manga, but from where I'm sitting "alright" is all it is.

Honestly CSM could have used more bits of Aki making breakfast and more carefully interspersed slow moments because those were prolly the best parts of the show. The bit at the end of him smoking that cigarette felt like a way better ending to the season than I thought it would. At the same time I'm probably going to pass on season 2, there are plenty of other alright anime in the world that appeal more strongly to me.

I think the people overhyping CSM did the same for JJK tbh

E: Except CSM was getting the same hype pre-anime release, so it mighta been a bit worse

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CSM manga of course is incredible. One of my favs currently running, but y'know it's rare for an anime adaption to capture that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There's weird people out there on the internet who love talking about things "not playing by the rules" or subverting expectations" as a reason why they're good or special but rest assured with Chainsaw Man the real reason why those people actually love it isn't any of that stuff (even if some are probably convinced it is) its because its genuinely really well crafted with a lot of thought and care being put into characters and their development.

The story and the cast have a lot of heart, the gang all seem wacky but the way they interact and develop is really endearing and feels meaningful and like 'true' in a way a lot of comics don't really get at. If there's anyone on the fence about trying the manga give it a shot, it's really good and the anime stopped just before a stretch of fantastic arcs so you'll be right into some great stuff.