Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

comedyblissoption posted:

blizz are cowards desperately holding mercy back with the slow weapon swap speed

Let her swap to her weapon instantly while still healing/boosting but because she's now holding her staff with one hand it does 50% less heal/boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I'll probably regret doing so but I can't figure out how to join voice in comp games (I don't try for QP). I used to play on voice in OW1, any ideas why I can't seem to find whatever setting for it?

I had to rebind some buttons for push to talk. There's a section under Sound in the settings.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

dogstile posted:

Yeah i'm regularly beating both my DPS in damage as Zen by doing nothing but firing volleys at corners and tanks (While my team screams that i'm not healing them while the orb is literally loving attached to them)

Zarya is even easier to do more damage than dps because she actually gets to just trade damage. It's actually how she's supposed to work, dps can't do that, they'll just die.

------------------

On a separate note, me and a friend went into the training mode last night to see why the game felt like it was hitting us round corners. Projectile sizes right now are loving gigantic. Go play as mercy and fire at the tracer model with your gun, see how far away you can aim from her head and still get a headshot. Same with hanzo arrow, mei right click, soldier rockets, etc. Everything has an invisible forcefield around it and if it touches you, you get hit, even if the projectile was clearly going to miss the model.

https://imgur.com/a/igFdkCz

Default imgur link because i can never remember how to get timg to work.

I think there's something wrong with some of the hitboxes because this isn't just projectiles.

That's a headshot. You can also body shot her through the legs.

Kiriko, as has been noted before, is more difficult to headshot because her giant hands sit in front of her face and the hand hitbox blocks her head.

I don't expect skin tight hitboxes, but I do expect consistent behaviour across the characters and there is clearly things wrong.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

96 spacejam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiPClQL7Dcw&t=16s

How wrong (or right) is this guy and what are you guys running on PC dip/sens

1600 / 4% but I haven't hosed with the weird settings yet...

That video was way too long but I watched the first minute and "lower your sens" is spot on. I had to halve my OW2 sens from whatever the default was that it gave me to feel "better" but I also have different sensitivities per character.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
New tank is an omnic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd_SPOkaZZ4

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Rode the payload for a full minute while the enemy team spawn camped. That was a satisfying win.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Why are so many people allergic to the point all of a sudden?

Forget the multitudes of running fights away from the cart, I just had a control point match where the enemy was sitting on 50% capture completion when they had one elimination. How do you even deal with that? Where is this timidity coming from?

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Change Hog's drink to damage reduction only, and same for Soldier's self heal can that he drops. Give Anna the ability to glide by flicking her coat out like Batman.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Rick posted:

It's wild that Tracer's ult is worse than Cassidy's grenade. Although if you play against the casual AI and throw Tracer's bomb on the floor three AI helpfully walk into it.

lmao

As a Tracer "main" this outright gives me the shits. I'm often better shooting someone that trying to get them with the ult. Odds are I'll only get one person if I stick it anyway and most of the characters can shrug it off anyway. The only time I get more is if what you said happens and people just walk onto it. The last time I got a triple it was two walkers and Mercy flying into it.

Also Sojourns ult line is "it ends now" and goes the same distance as the others, and none of them are map wide in OW2.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Mega Comrade posted:

"We are removing one-shot kills from the game"

Oh so is widow getting a change or re-work?

"no, only hog"

I'd rather face off with a Widow than a Hanzo who yeets toasters across the map.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

dogstile posted:

This is wild to me. I've been using the same sense in every game, which is "faster than cs players" but still "slow as poo poo" and it's my preferred way.

I'd probably make your eyes twitch then. I use different sens for different heroes in Overwatch. Tracer being slightly slower than most of the others.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
So I'm getting irrationally annoyed at Moira.
Seems as my level (Bronze/Silver I guess? I don't play comp) whenever there's a Moira they just run around sucking the life out of people at 20 meters away and no one can kill them. She self heals from doing damage, fades away when low HP and is generally just a pain to deal with.
I'm just sick of seeing DPS Moira's and want to know how to deal with them better.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Using AI to rip off professional voice actors is a poo poo thing to do btw.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Lord Packinham posted:

Did they promise a new character or did people assume there would be a new one? They are running out of time unless they announce it when it launches I guess.

They said new characters "every other" season, so season 4 and 6 have characters. They've also said both characters in 4 and 6 are "Support", where the character in 4 is "cute" but not cute like Wrecking Ball but cute like Mercy.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Gorgeous Mohammad posted:

If they do the obvious with Lifeweaver and remove weapon switching then he'll be great. I'm still liking him now but weapon swap + heal charge is just too much of a delay to give you much time to do any damage.

I was iffy on a lifegrip being added to the game but I think it's good addition. A good play happening whether you're the gripper or grippee feels awesome. Even questionable lifegrips just make me shrug and say whatever because an inopportune lifegrip is so far down on the list of things that tilt me in this game.

If they got rid of the charge on his heal and just made it "click = heal" I'd be happier. It feels very sluggish in a game where there's so much poo poo going on.
I also changed his lifegrip ability to my right click and put his flower-lift on "E" which feels better to me, though I do wish the cooldown on grip was lower. I never used his Low Budget Fade.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Pretty sure that's the OW1 coins and can only be used to buy old skins. If you grind out the challenges you can probably buy every second battlepass.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Maybe I’m nuts but I preferred LW’s old controls.

Pretty sure you can change it back in the control settings.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

so the australian servers have been down for a week now and there's no official reply on the forums or any word of any maintenance so I can only assume they have just shut down the servers for good.

lol what are you talking about. I was literally just on Syd2, and it's been fine the last couple of nights.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Ahh. Depending on your location and ISP that happens. I honestly didn't see any ping difference that would indicate we were on the Singapore servers. I usually float around the 40ms mark, and GSG is always 120+.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
"Ramattra and Doomfist's blocks will now reduce stuck damage"

Tracer's ult now even more useless against these two tanks in particular. They may as well remove it at this stage.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the new hero looks cool. will be paying

Blizzard "That's more like it."

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Ashcans posted:

This was fun, but doesn't Sombra's translocator no longer work like shown in this? I realize the cinematic production is on a way different schedule than game tweaks but it's kind of funny anyway.

It would have been amazing if she threw it, teleported, and was confused that it did that automatically..

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Start? It's been happening for ages. Cassidy's flashbang was basically a Tracer ult that auto-aimed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Because you're laughing your rear end off at Handsoap going "NOM NOM NOM NOM" ?