Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Y'all are going to eat your words when PoMo leads the FloPants to a Stanley Cup. And by your words, I mean you're going to have to print out the entire preview text at 200% scaling and eat the pages. Seriously who is reading all that poo poo - are they getting paid by the word?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm sorry Scotty P, I also took Sean Walker in last year's SAS Fantasy Draft and he's finally back after tearing his ACL and MCL in a game against St. Louis last year so clearly someone had to go.

(also the Kings have loads of RHD and the Leafs really could use one and also do something about the whole being ~$2M over the cap thing, unless they're just planning on always having somebody on LTIR)

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm not sure why he didn't hold out for 2 or 3 years but I guess he decided he's definitely worth less than Barzal for some reason (yes I know that contract is almost all UFA years).

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Ah that's right. I guess his leverage is arbitration eligibility and a $9.3MM qualifying cost so... it's not entirely in his control at that point but he's got a lot more leverage to get what he wants or walk

I think he'd be in exactly the same situation with a 2-3 year deal, and with a cap that's supposed to rise more, plus Benn's contract expires in 3 years, so I really don't see how the 4th year helps Robertson at all.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Still a better call than Preds/Sharks. Those two could be in a finals game 7 and I’m not sure any Canadians would care.

One time I tuned in to a Sharks/Golden Knights playoff game in the 3rd period and was about to give up on it because surely the Sharks couldn't make up a three goal deficit but it definitely ended up worth my while.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Arivia posted:

can i get a deal on like milk, and eggs, and bread?

I can offer you 10 Timbits (R) for $1.99.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

the talent deficit posted:

they could only put together a roster of 21 players who could actually skate.

Can they, though?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

They would still look unrealistic and out of place and glitch when a player wearing white gets hit at the wrong angle.

It's painful when they cut from the fake rear end off white to a different camera showing real board ads with actual shading and puck marks and text that doesn't gently vibrate.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Dirty Burger posted:

what’s the benefit of getting inside Matt Martins head?

I dunno, it should be pretty roomy in there?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Agreed,

WeaponX posted:

gently caress the Rangers for being

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm starting to question if Dubas is really a prodigal genius.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

Samsonov will flash in the regular season then break your heart in the playoffs, good luck.

Meh, it'll be fine, Matthews will score a goal per game in the playoffs because what are the odds his wrist gets busted yet again?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

when two goalies get hurt within 12 hours of each other on game day that would be a challenge for most teams (except it’s not because Källgren ended up being fine).

The claim was that the Leafs only have three goalies with pro contracts in North America while being at the 50 contract limit and that is very much not normal.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't know what Grade 2 means, in terms of groin strains. Is that better or worse than Grade 1.

I think he has to start learning cursive and fractions?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Bring back the robo penguin you cowards!

Triangle penguin is the best penguin. Except the reverse retro has no gray gradient and is strictly worse than the original.

Meanwhile, the Canes' retro jersey is... a slightly different coloring of their most recent and shittiest jersey.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

That's just a photo of Krzysztof Oliwa.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I love when the NHL shows virtual board ads for the home broadcast with the exact same brands that are on the physical boards. Technology!!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Nick Robertson is cool and good again. Also his skating is wayyy better than it was a year ago. So he's probably just going to get rocked and sent to IR for another few months in the next five games or so.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

ThinkTank posted:

And what the hell is on JT's head?

The thin blue line was meant to be metaphorical, not instructional.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Eric the Mauve posted:

You say that like down in the corners digging out pucks is where Yandle hangs out

Yeah... the corners of the inside of his own net!! Hahaha

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He's gotta be angling for Mitch Marner money
bets are off if he cracks 100

I hope Mitch Marner angles for Jesper Bratt scoring.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

T-Bone posted:

You'd think Toronto/Tampa will pick it up at some point.

More of a hope than think, at this point. A bunch of eggheads said they still think Matthews will win the Richard again but I'm not so sure that I share their confidence. He's playing well enough but it's unclear if he has lingering wrist troubles and is forcing himself to take one-timers instead of sick wicked wristers.

Also Mark Giordano has not been on for a single 5v5 GA but I'm expecting the defense's mediocre xGA to catch up to them when Samsonov crashes back down to Earth.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Sometime in November with Liljegren/Benn back maybe things get a little better but there's gonna be a lot of frustrating Leafs games in store for at least another couple weeks I think.

Wait, we're holding out hope for Jordie Benn now?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I don't understand why Carolina extended Bear in the first place. At least he'll get a chance now.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Only took Keefe 4 games to realize that Victor Mete is indistinguishable from random AHL garbage

Mete's easily the second-best skating defenseman on the team, which, lol, lmao. Shame about, uh, everything else.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/dalter/status/1586085596446875648

I don't know what the solution is but this doesn't seem like it.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Maple Leafs lose to Sharks as troubling trends persist: ‘We gotta execute’

Yes, but who do we start with?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

That and approximately $70M. Plus whatever the cut is from Gudbranson.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

Columbus as a franchise has a pattern of acquiring top-tier players in the offseason and immediately squandering their first years. Jeff Carter, Brandon Saad, now Johnny.

???

Also Saad had his only 30 goal season in his first year with CBJ so what were you expecting?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

T-Bone posted:

He's saying they squandered his 30 goal season which is what squandered means

Sure, in the same sense that the Islanders squandered Jason Blake's legendary 40 goal season just... approximately 25% less notable.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Levitate posted:

The leafs found it notable enough

He led the team in scoring the last dark year before our lord and saviour Phil rebuilt the franchise. Totally worth it.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Fire Keefe imo

Dubas first. Also do it five months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Ducks are terrible even with him, it's just extra confirmation that it's tankin' time in Anaheim.

I dunno, they were pretty good last night. Dallas Eakins has them quackin' in a tight V.