Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Man I wonder why nobody around here can stand the Yankees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

I guess Schneider didn't manage himself out of a job against the Mariners.

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/1583448307031949313?s=20&t=Mm532LdtoVxm9YJs4BNGDw

Fine with this, whoever was in charge of the hitting approach should be shitcanned though because it didn’t change all fuckin year

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

*wheezing and with my fourth chin jiggling* Dey couldn’t uphold da honor of da pinstripes

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Intruder posted:

e: nvm was remembering wrong

There was a case where someone got caught cause he tried to gather his bat pieces instead of running it out but that wasn't Sammy, can't remember who it was

Sammy did cork his bat though and blamed it on it being the wrong bat, claimed it was a BP bat that he used to hit long homeruns for the fans

That was Wilton Guerrero wasn’t it?

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Getting paid a lot of money

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Not Mr.Seeds!

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

I really thought Gurriel would be the outfielder that goes

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I am begging you, shut the gently caress up Sab

seriously

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

The only thing shittier than ads being everywhere is being ok with ads being everywhere.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Sab0921 posted:

Is a 2022 or 2017 World Series Champion patch on a jersey/hat/shirt whatever considered an advertisement? Asking for fans of the current world series champion Houston Astros.

Eat poo poo you insufferable dork

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

AlbertFlasher posted:

With Tabby not coming back and Buck probably not coming back either I wondering who's going to be working with Schulman next year.

Likely Joe Siddall.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

do not underestimate how committed to not winning and destroying the club the owner is

he seems like a real piece of poo poo and I hope he suffers unspeakable agonies

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

These guys are rich athletes, if you’re worried about rooting for an rear end in a top hat you won’t be able to cheer for most of them.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Ted Rogers has more fuckin money than god and the Jays aren’t going to do poo poo

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

bawfuls posted:

that was Gurriel

Lmao

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Ah New York, the Big Easy.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Blue Jays successfully got worse over the off-season good job Shatkins.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

zoux posted:

How many hours every season would y'all say you have eyes directly on a baseball game? We certainly have every Astros game on at the house but twitter is like 30 seconds ahead and I'm becoming used to following games that way or on gamecast, and then catching highlights later. If I'm at a game I'm laser focused and glowering at everyone on their phones but at home, if something interesting happens it comes up on my feed. I found out about both of Yordan's game winners from McTaggart's stupid catchphrase and then went all nonchalantly to watch it happen "in real time" so as not to tip my roommates. Oh, is Yordan Alvarez batting in a critical spot, good thing I just happened to leap to my feet and then calmly walk over here.

I probably caught 150 Jays games last year but I just have baseball on my second monitor while I do whatever.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

he sucks

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

Four toughs surrounded Joe. They didn't like him talking about the Five Levels of Winning. They didn't like him putting it on a t-shirt. One of them, the biggest, ugliest son-of-a-bitch Joe had ever seen, decided to engage in some repartee about it with Joe by putting together a few hypotheses with his knuckles. The others added some addenda and marginal notes with some kicks to the ribcage. But Joe had been ready for this kind of debate and he made a few ripostes with his fungo bat, really driving his point into one of the toughs' skull. "Attitude is a skill. That's something you can learn on the baseball field... or the boardroom," Joe said.

lmao

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Ok December is over I can start playing OOTP again

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Not complaining because just posting is the true way to enlightenment but did anyone think there would be this much conversation about fuckin' Eric Hosmer in this thread this offseason?

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Why the gently caress am I working for a living when I could tell baseball players to win and get paid for it.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

I will bring Carlos Correa to the Winnipeg Goldeyes

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

I thought Mattingly was supposed to be the Blue Jays bench coach

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Owners colluding to destroy Boras’ reputation and influence imho

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Caring about my teams player’s opinions because I don’t already have enough things to be pissed off about all the time.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

I hate umps loving up but I hate handing another loving thing over to a computer even more

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

luv 2 nickel and dime

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

Since we are going to have a banned shift, pitch clock and limited pick off attempts, what cool innovations do you guys think are in store for the future when it turns out none of that brings in New Fans and also angers existing fans and players?

Insulting the fans and converting all seating to luxury boxes for the rich

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

These lists are funny for the Jays since Shapiro yelled and screamed or whatever at AA about prospects and needing them to produce a perpetual winner and drove him out of Toronto using that as an excuse and lol the Jays system is not very good!

Starting to think this guy might actually be a fuckin moron

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Lmao they’re gonna let everyone walk so Ted Rogers can collect another pittance for his pile.

I fuckin hate rich people man

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

The one time they're for letting people walk.

Lol yeah how did sticking their noses in local politics work out?

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Holy gently caress I can’t wait for baseball

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

stump collector posted:

Dave Stieb was great in the 80s. too bad he pissed off reporters and played in toronto. and blew up his back. and rehabbed and came back.

Anyway Stieb ruled

finally the perfect post

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Wisely maintaining my serenity by never learning anything about professional athlete’s opinions or personal lives.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Johnny Bravo posted:

jazz chisolm is a fine pick for the cover but julio rodriguez should have been a no brainer

Pretty much this yeah

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Kirios posted:

I keep hearing whispers of Musk buying the Athletics.

I'm scared. I don't want Muskchat to bleed into here.

If he does we will finally get to see an infielder burst into flames for no reason

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

mcmagic posted:

This sucks. He was really good for a few years and then started giving up big homers a lot and then his arm fell off. The Yankees couldn't bring him back for 4mm a year? That is nothing lol

They probably coulda had him for cheaper even, Toronto always has to pay extra for guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I would like to see evidence of this because I really don't believe this. Toronto has to pay the most for a specific player they want just like every team has to because players almost always sign with the team that offers the most actual money.

I was always under the impression the good old boys hate having to cross the border but it’s hard to tell what’s true and what is Sportsnet bullshit.