Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Extra Large Marge posted:

The typical boomer marijuana opinion is that you used to smoke in the 60s and 70s, but it should stay illegal since it's more powerful now and it's a gateway drug to fentanyl use.

I'm uh, my boomer mom's "dealer" now (she don't pay nothing, she paid enough for me to still be alive and educated) and I have to parcel it out into tiny doses split up. "Like seriously, each doesn't look like much, but it's all you need before bed, ok?"

Helps her sleep better.

Gotta hand it to her on the DL cause my dad is still a narc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I don't think that's even really adjacent because they kinda invented the "wife swapping" thing or whatever gross terms they also use.

I mean I'm sure humans have been making bad and weird relationship calls like that forever, but they were the ones who really sort of made a codified system out of it.

Oh, I just remembered "hotwife" and had to puke a little. In the closet. As I watched.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I do safely spar with my partner, just good exercise and training for both of us. Adding a third doesn't seem conductive. This ain't professional wrestling.

Let the elephant seals do whatever they choose in their beaches of hundreds. I'm not judging, but I'm not joining.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Elentor posted:

can you imagine a cyberpunk world without ads.

Well, no, but you aren't supposed to want the cyberpunk world, it's not a good thing.

You probably will not be a hacker badass with like sword arms or whatever.

You'll likely be essentially a slave, an addict, get your organs harvested or homeless. Or some combo. It is not a vision of the future to aspire to.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Lol @ strapping teachers because "what else can you do?"

Half of them can't even use the copy machine. Let's give them click-kill machines and hope it works out.

This is why I've always advocated for remotely controlled machine guns mounted in every classroom and hallway, controlled by the police dept.

Sure, accidents will happen when Officer Wifebeat is too hung over and fat fingers the kill-everything-that-moves button, but that's the cost of safety.

And our brave officers will not have to go into scary places and risk their own lives when next week's school shooting happens. It's a win-win.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Torquemada posted:

favourite playground items

Sure it's not a unique thing, but we had some custom built extremely long metal see-saw, and realized if you got a bunch of kids to jump onto one end you could make the kid on the other end fly up to space.

The fun ended when one kid hosed up and landed on their face on the metal. Was pretty gnarly bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

BigBadSteve posted:

All the young should be slaughtered and made into Soylent Green to feed their elders.

An elegant solution to the "sounds of joyful playing" problem and the "having to pay for food" one.