Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1587110413304565768?s=20&t=RSdF6-GaAluH_-3kvvFf1g

Let's just look at who auburn plays this weekend and lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Bama falling in the rankings for the first time in ages and then losing to an interim-led Auburn in the iron bowl. I'm willing this into existence

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Spacemonkey57 posted:

That incompetent assistant's master plan for a palace coup has worked perfectly and he can now take over the mantle of Auburn head coach. I can't remember his name something Steele?

Kevin Steele, yeah

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Sir Plus posted:

Florida dismissed Brenton Cox Jr. from the team today. He was a pretty critical talent component of a sometimes average run defense but from all I've heard from his time at UGA and UF was that he was overly antagonistic and dramatic so addition by subtraction hopefully.

College station goons, my friends and I are heading to Kyle field for what promises to be a truly hideous game Saturday, any can't miss restaurants, bars, or cowboy hatteries?

Oh hell yes! I'll give you some local haunts because everyone else is gonna recommend Northgate and Fuegos and Lanes and all that touristy poo poo. That's all good and fun but you deserve better.

Martin's place is the best for BBQ but they run super BBQ place hours (like 10-3 3 days a week or some poo poo). C&J's is a local chain that might be second best in a pinch.

If you want an actually fun not college bar experience, the 101 in downtown Bryan was my old haunt (at least it's predecessor was) when I was in undergrad. Super DIY space with lots of good bands playing basically every night plus TVs for games. If punk poo poo isn't your scene, there's a speakeasy under the old hotel down there called Three Knocks that's fun too. Or you can just roll into basically any place in downtown Bryan because it's where the cool kids who don't wanna roll with frat boys hang out.

Oh also RX pizza is pretty kicking rad.

Also², as much as we're a weirdo cult we're actually pretty nice in person. Y'all are gonna have a great time :yeah:

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

JohnCompany posted:

Seconding downtown Bryan as a better place to hang. If you're at all into chicken fried steak, Longhorn Tavern there has quite a good one, too. And if you're feeling fancy Ronin might be the best restaurant within an hour.

Though will disagree with OP on Fuegos. After Los Norteños closed it's the best brunch taco spot. Yes by default, but it's still good. Get the Fuego Steak.

A) sodolaks out in snook has the best chicken fried steak (and chicken fried bacon!) But that's a bit of a drive even if it's worth it. But hell yeah longhorn and ronin are both incredible

2) I never said Fuegos was bad (I love me a southern comfort and a Dr pepper cowboy) it's just so loving packed at all hours on GameDay weekend these days it's not even worth it. I was in town this weekend and there was a line outside to get in line inside

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Neil Armbong posted:

as long as you realize half the university is a memorial to something or other and don't walk on the grass and uncover in the student building, i think it was :v:

Yeah the grass around the student building is sacred for some loving troop reason and I never wear hats so I forgot about uncovering lmao. Don't walk on any of the seals either but I think that's a universal college rule, right?

But otherwise you should be fine. The one thing about ags is they loving love explaining all the weird lore and rules so always ask if you have questions because someone will talk your ear off. If you want a fun one, ask a senior cadet why his sword is welded to his scabbard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

i'm so glad that texas A&M university, a school that had to back out of a bowl game in flordia due to covid, learned nothing from their experiences and is now basically out of a conference game in florida due to "~the flu~"