Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
heritage, not hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1625901567361658881
any guesses on the big russian PR push around the 21st? im evenly split between declaring war and declaring mission accomplished.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

the reaction to the hersh story is completely bonkers

it's taken as a given that it's wrong and so any effort spend looking into it is simply to find some reason to claim it is wrong, i.e. giving the benefit of the doubt to the secret agencies. this is seen as perfectly reasonable and you're a weirdo, crank or conspiracy theorist if you think that this is a serious deal

well duh, that's what official confirmation looks like my friend

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Cookie Cutter posted:

Yes, I'm sure Russia is losing a higher rate of troops per yard of ground than the Allies at the Battle of the Somme, I am very smart

it definitely makes sense, considering all the penal battalions they are sending in human wave attacks *alt-tabs back over to understandingwar.org summaries*

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Hatebag posted:

The russian casualties are high because they've run out of ammo and they're firing impressed soldiers out of trebuchets at the ukrainians. War is hell

the usa is training ukrainians to reduce their ammo usage, in order to achieve victory. one would them assume, using Logic and Reason, that the russian's prodigious expenditure of shells is a sure sign they are actively losing, and losing more and more each day. hopefully by typing out such nonsense, i too can get a chance to dick down nuland

Frosted Flake posted:

Now, obviously if you look at their staffs, yeah they were always tied to the US and UK foreign policy establishments, but by definition all defence journals are. The shift I think is that their reporting was, at least in my view, intended to shape public perception rather than advise professionals.

its the same gimmick cheney was known for, journos will publish whatever you tell them to so you just need a respectable front group to promote your desired story. so many articles in the western press start with "according to the institute of the study of war...." and continue into some pretty brazen propaganda that has some gravitas behind it nonetheless

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

im declaring shenanigans! everybody get your brooms sledgehammers

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

However, this war has proven that cutting deals with the West will only stall the inevitable. America has broken just about every treaty it's ever signed so trying to get in good with them is pointless.

the ADULTS are back in CHARGE bb

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Ukraine should surrender 🤪

naw, they should fight to the last ukrainian

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

dancing with a sledgehammer is certainly something

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

hail russian satan

russian satans will use hellfire to cleanse the earth of the yankee menace

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

have u considered giving war a chance??

what an absolute chucklefuck

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

Is that the azov hammer that was allegedly taken by the chechens or are they just vibing with construction tools

Funny troll if the former

they're using penal battalions now - that hammer is their blocking detachment :ssh:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

lol so what is the official lib line on Azov? It doesn’t exist? It exists but is small and marginal? It is large and powerful but apolitical?

it exists but its good, actually

edit: speaking of which, who is watching the big zman's family rn anyways?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Cromulent_Chill posted:

Wearing nazi regalia, forming your nationalism around nazi collaborators, pogroms for the outgroups, literally hailing Hitler with the arm action actually does make you the nazis.

no but you see the nazi president is a jew, therefore

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
that mig monument in the background is boss

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
you're only there for four hours, how deep do they need to be?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Endman posted:

It also has a much nicer NATO reporting alias than the 15
lol

BadOptics posted:

Yeah, MiG-17 from the looks of it.

front end could be a mig17, but that back end sets off my mig15-dar :gay:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Orange Devil posted:

"Good enough" is often better than "good".

we're going to perfect ukraine's air defenses with... *checks notes* one (1) patriot battery

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
my 'stalin did nothing wrong' shirt has people asking a lot of questions about my loyalty already answered by my shirt

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
good, im glad

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i have a theory about people conspiring to call things conspiracy theories that are actually conspiracy FACT

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
goddamn you'd think all you whiny tankies would be more in favor of sending tanks

no pleasing some people

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

It's a question of how many more people Zelensky wants to kill of his own people.
im not sure why "to the last ukranian" is so loving hard for people to grasp.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
every time i think about the fact that russia is outshooting ukraine several times over, and ukraine is being asked to use less ammo i start laughing maniacally

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
thats what makes it so juicy. its a forbidden blue on blue angle everybody loves. first ill say, 'youll never guess who saw the united states and norway doing it.' and they'll say, 'who, seymour, who?' and ill say it was lovable old seymour

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Qurnah posted:

no the "why" is because russia sent about 200 000 soldiers (also tanks and poo poo) over the border about a year ago

this is good posting :yum:

mad vlad february 2022: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoAfb3f04mo

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
if you had a leader as bold and handsome as putin, maybe you could have been protected from those energy prices impressed upon you by the anglo-american axis. alas,

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

I saw some reporting that the surviving pipeline is likely because the Biden administration’s delays or even the concept of the bombs remaining underwater for extended periods of time caused two of them to fail.

I wonder if they’ve been recovered, that would be interesting to know.

https://news.yahoo.com/finnish-seismologists-detect-five-blasts-111838673.html

collected and demoed in October

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

DancingShade posted:

No need to pay pensions if you just conscript them all.

(taps side of nose)

No legs? No problem. You can still sit in chair, now just sitting in trench also.

edit - The sooner Ukraine conscripts everyone with a pulse that isn't in uniform yet to fill those trenches, women, children, elderly and especially the elderly women caring for the orphan children, the sooner victory is assured!

i saw a video of prigozhin informing a room of amputee wagnerites in that just because they were missing limbs doesn't mean they aren't still on contract

lmao, go get em rollies

edit:
https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1579180884108128256

lol

Delta-Wye has issued a correction as of 15:41 on Feb 19, 2023

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
my fav special needs front line reporter with bad news :smith:

https://twitter.com/PLnewstoday/status/1627289419890794496

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
to be honest that isn't even the clip i was remembering, i remember a larger room with some folks in wheelchairs, but i may just be getting my prigozhin pep talks mixed up. don't speak the language, don't know that twitter account, can't vouch for the accuracy

Jel Shaker posted:

that vid from a ukrainian trench was so shallow it’s probably wheelchair accessible tbh
:drat:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
consistency is key

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
foreign interference and sabotage is indistinguishable from our own incompetence and rapidly decaying infrastructure :stonklol:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

3 posted:

maybe i’m being unreasonable but i don’t think sovereignty should ever be ceded under threat of force

that’s why i believe the ukrainian ssr and russian fsr should both be returned to their rightful government, the communist party of the soviet union

*gosudarstvenny gimn SSSR intensifies*

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

crepeface posted:

yeah, this is from the 90s

and now with all the western sanctions, the russian oligarchs basically have no choice but to back putin. western sanctions literally reinforcing putin's domestic power in a way that he could never do himself :roflolmao:

imagine being surprised by a judo master using their opponents weight and strength as weapons against them.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i personally watched the kgb take babies out of incubators and juggle them, ama

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Minenfeld! posted:

It's generally cool that the Soviets broke nazi Germany's back

sorry, the year is 2023 and now the nazis are good and the soviets are bad hth

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wont lie monkey putin always make me laugh

i looked the monkey in the eye. i found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy

i was able to get a sense of his soul

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
communist countries failing to feed the people is the equivalent of capitalist countries failing to enrich the already rich. its p embarrassing to fail at your top line goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
oh its easy i can just cleanly balkanize the russian federation along ethnic lines, simple as

*cracks knuckles*

no complexity here