Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Valicious posted:

Quoting this since it got buried

Don't even need to ask, steam has 2 hour refunds. I'd just buy it and try it out to see if it'd actually work then refund it if not. I imagine the hardcore way to get around this in all situations is something like joy2key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Deptfordx posted:

So I just went and tried some V2 for the first time since Darktide released. Crashed halfway through 2 games, which was very rare for me before. Have they hosed up Vermintide as well now?

they hosed up something in November with whatever server on their side gets pinged it feels like and it feels like its degenrated and now some people in particular really get piledrivered by straw vote

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Playing on Heresy: Bad Idea
Playing on Auric Heresy: Phenomenally terrible idea

I dont know what I was thinking.

you have to become da slide god since they added shooters in this one. I started playing last week and its interesting how theyve sanded the edges of v2 off in a lot of places so even I can become one of those shade pukes from cata v2 with a lacerate+mercy knife on zealot

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

combat knife fuckin rules in this game lol. "what if we gave the single target weapon some cleave too" supreme balancing. thank you fatshark.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fishstick posted:

V2 is getting a rebalance update?

Was it needed? Last I played was just before Sienna necro update and I thought it was generally in a good place, but I don't play much outside my comfort zone builds

No surprise convocation got whacked. Even tho I usually run fireball because its more fun to bowling ball a whole line of rats. Especially if they are trying to make monsters more difficult. My favorite thing to do with it on unchained was block discharge spam the corus on the end boss that everybody hates on drakenfell. It just covered every base too well.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Insert name here posted:

Lol that they touched up the vet tree twice and never bothered to do anything about the "highlight ogryns" node. If that isn't the most worthless node in all the trees, it's definitely a strong contender.

Leveling vet after playing zealot feels so weird lol. Serious identity crisis low level. Every node is worthless before the krake nade+nade regen

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

Is it worth it to pick up Darktide yet? I heard some mixed things about it at launch, and while I've heard it's gotten better, there's still some negative reviews at the top of the Steam page citing issues about solo play, private games, and a cash shop.

I played Vermintide 2 back in 2018, and logged 18 hours into that. I liked it okay, but I don't remember a whole lot about it, and after finishing the final story mission, I felt like it didn't have a lot of replay value outside of just doing the same missions over. However, that might have changed since then (I heard it got some updates, and I know there were DLC packs added). I don't know how different Darktide is.

the whole tide experience is doing missions over and over for the chaos factor. dt is a lot more accessible imo but its still the same formula

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Benagain posted:

What I appreciate about this game is that I've yet to run into a class mix that just doesn't work. if you're playing with people who are at least okay you can get by with pretty much any mix.

My favorite combos from a hillarity standpoint:

1 psyker 3 zealots, otherwise known as "I'm afraid!"

3 ogryn 1 psyker, the "i feel extremely safe"

2 vets 2 ogryn "THE GUARD PREVAILS!"

I did 4 vets yesterday, in fog, and it was hilarious since it was all just tagging and shooting into the void lol. 4x shout for full toughness

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

toasterwarrior posted:

speaking of which, shouty plasma veteran might be the most brokenly good build rn. one tapping everything short of mutants and maulers is fuckin crazy, especially since the shot pierces, and you can still have decent melee *and* pack frags for mob clear

It’s way too good: ammo efficiency, penetration, accuracy, knockback, damage. They need to make m1 overheat not just give you a slap on the wrist, for one thing.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I’m going to pay so much money for rat cosmetics

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Potato Salad posted:

I tried playing as a not Ogryn

I didn't realize that ragers, marauders, and scab Ogryns were so dangerous! :mmmsmug:

there are many problems, but there is always one solution

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
once you get up to deadshot you can get +2/+3 stam curios and just make a death ray build columbus which is way more fun than the plasma but its really funny how much the plasma kicks rear end. frankly boring af gun

Homeless Friend fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 27, 2023

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

I dont know how people play zealot. I feel like I'm constantly not quite good enough at things. Maybe the keystones make it shine

When leveling sprint slide dodge directly into groups of gunners to force them into melee. Your like maximum velocity man. Flamer is good as hell while getting it to 30

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
My problem with zealot is clearly stealth is op as gently caress. Not even backstabs just having free repositions/aggrobreaking/toughness. To the point where i don’t want to use it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
On the subject of the scoreboard

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
there are assist but also even on pc head hitboxes are bigger than they appear

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
like a lot of the game, terrible audio cues. the pulse woosh sound is so nondescript

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MuffinsAndPie posted:

I didn't even think about that, and thinking about it now, it really is just looking down to the left and seeing toughness go up to +100 yellow toughness that's the biggest cue, other than like staggering plague ogryns or chaos spawn. I guess you really can't blame the team for that, maybe I'm just too impatient

Just compare the ubercharge que vs chorus. It’s lol. The rejects are very uninterested about the protection of the god emperor.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
drat a rashad/revolver melee veteran kicks rear end lol. its like zealot but a wee bit less traversal but you can farm free bullets forever

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Truly unfortunate we haven’t been able to see vets named legolonglas

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I’ve been going freakmode and using smokes since I’m using rashad and pistol on vet, so a pack of crushers is annoying but manageable. They’re very nifty so long as you know their rules.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mendrian posted:

Can you elaborate on the rules? I've been trying to make smokes work since they were introduced.

some redditor sat down for like 8 hours to figure out wtf they do. effectively its like spawning a circular room that a lot of ai can't target through, but can target while in. I like it because it fills in as a traversal skill for veteran, as a melee vet you can regen a lot of toughness but you can easily get pinned if you mess up and our out of place with gunners zapping your rear end. you can basically guarantee rezzes and decrypts with it too. since covering for somebody in smoke + your shout makes it pretty drat easy.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Smoke grenades need to offer something in addition to what they do now. Like maybe the bonus of one of the stims while you're in the smoke, similar to X-COM.

it'd be really easy to make em too drat powerful imo since unlike the bubble they operate on ai pathfinding directly which is what makes them so useful, it should be wacky peripheral effect like extinguishing flame or removing slug barf from the floor on detonation.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Magitek posted:

Smoke grenades obscure player visibility too much. Enemy snipers and bombers don’t give a drat about smoke, yet it can seriously hamper your own ability to deal with them. A poorly positioned smoke grenade does far more harm than good.

i just just spot through the smoke, or just follow the laser. i do wonder how smoke looks across settings, its negligible unless your dead center for me.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I tried the evis but its felt too awkward coming from my bushido blade heavy sword.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
You can apparently slap stunlock daemonhost but its hard as hell. Would love to do it tho

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Grumio posted:

Darktidephil

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Magitek posted:

In terms of a force multiplier, Focus Target with all the subnodes is the best keystone in the game. Up to 32% damage against a priority target and/or a constant 12% damage boost, plus 5% toughness and stam regen every 2s. If these only benefited the individual it would be good, but multiply those numbers by 4 since they're affecting the entire team. What other class keystone compares, really?

you can use the right keystone to regen one bullet on every a single melee hit and shoot into crowds like an old timey cowboy with the revolver then switch back and do it again. Your heretical numbers can’t beat that.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

I dont think I can go back, I've tried a few times and I just prefer the pace and extra mechanics of darktide too much.

Its extremely slow and deliberate, it does feel properly medieval in comparison lol. The first thing that impressed me about DT when i got it like a month ago is how theyre both clearly the same lineage, skills crossover but theyre still quite differentiated. VT does have a better presentation, just everything is easier to make out. CW stomping is seemingly irreplaceable vs fail crushers.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

big cummers ONLY posted:

I still like VT with its heavier focus on melee for most careers. They are both great games

One thing I feel like VT nails is wading through enemies. Staggering hordes to make my way up to a CW as unchained so I can overhead bonk them to death with a mace is unparalleled. DT feels like your jack the ripper slicing and dicing rather than dealing with the weight of hordes.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
VT definitely feels better memory wise in terms of peak moments. DT is less memorable but better baseline. Now remembering a Cata CW Unchained run where I realized I had stacked so many cooldown skills that, with a jade censer, I could just purposely overheat and blow up over and over and over lol. Solved the end of that run no problem, no blocking needed. G*ddamn they need to add a CW equivalent to DT.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

thalweg posted:

Ive been trying to find fun vet builds because stuff like shouty plasma is kinda boring after a while even if it's strong. Ended up going with a grenadier build running frags and all the grenade talents. Yes even twin throw. The 5% chance to regen grenade when someone kills an elite procs decently often. Ended up skipping keystones to fit all the talents in, but still felt really strong lobbing nades everywhere, shouting, and mopping the survivors up with an IAG. Any other fun vet builds people have found?

I run this build except with smokes but it all dont matter. Lights for flesh, heavy for armor. You can go to town quick switching your pistol and firing into a crowd for cleave, switching back for free 25% damage and regening the ammo into the chamber with the next melee attack.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
yeah the blessings are sorta set in stone for the HS, do you need +maniac to oneshot a mutant? I think its fine without it as long as you score a headshot, which isn't as rare as you'd think. Never really had problems with the berserkers since you can actually dodge their attacks in DS. Been meaning to pour plasteel into a HS thats +25% flak/armor since dodge-dancing crushers using the alt attack is the biggest annoyance with it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
trying out psyker and drat the voidstrike is just the fireball staff but with no drop lol. badass

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Vagabong posted:

They really need to do something about the Psyker specials, because the bubble shield so easily outclasses the other abilities in terms of utility that I have to stop myself from being disappointed when a psyker runs anything else. (I know this is a bad attitude)

Bubble always seemed like overkill since if i want to save a situation i should shoot lighting out of my hands. Guess if your caught flatfooted vs huge amount of gunners there really is no replacement. Which is why i run smokes on my vet lol. Smite is just too good of defensive utility for a single talent point. Doing rapier/surge with smite/shriek and its ftw

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

If you solo rescue the entire team as a psyker, Fatshark should send you an actual medal.

Two if the heartless bastards didn't cheer you on.

Just run a +stam then have block/stam/sprint on the curios to be da melee bullet dodging god with the rapier, as god intended

Homeless Friend fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 6, 2024

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
#1 trick to save plasteel is to scoop up green weps for the weapon you need blessing for then upgrade -> claim the blessing. slow af but way more efficient on plasteel.

I've been doing gunpsyker and it powns. dueling sword is too fun a weapon.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
definitely always scan the shop as there are definitely servicable weps sometimes that you can gently caress up at hadrons and lose 1200 plasteel on

1500 :smugdon:

Homeless Friend fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 7, 2024

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

thalweg posted:

That gun is fine tho :confused: Just change sprint to flak and sustained to dumdum and its totally usable

Already have one that’s slightly better and more appropriate on the blessings. If you had no columnus though any columnus is incredible however. Just an overtuned gun. You absolutely want dumdum on every one since it’s busted and activates at any distance iirc

Homeless Friend fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Feb 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol the new cosmetic rotation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi_fq7rjxAo