Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

I managed to load into a game with 3 bots for a bit and they stayed hugging me in a nice tight little deathball, then 3 randos joined and it was actually the best pub experience I've had, one of each class and the psyker had chain lighting stuff that locked groups down.

Also had a dog get poochied back to his home planet in an earlier game :pluto:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYjnF_Qvf8k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

S.J. posted:

I'm hoping there will be a way for me to change some of my character options after launch. I really want to change the voice of my Zealot without having to grind up another character. I honestly went into the beta thinking that we weren't going to be keeping these characters and, well, :v:

I need to change it to the dude who doesn't realize he's a Khorne worshipper

Same, I was just making a bunch of the same classes to check out the voice lines in game without much thought to which I'd level, but at least it sounds like something they'll look into when everything else isn't falling apart.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

:hfive: Just had a rando trigger the demon host, which we proceeded to go ham on for my 3rd monstrosity on the map which finished out the weekly minutes before the reset. I just wish they'd have the reset at a sensible time

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Magitek posted:

That’s excellent, but I’d go with the Slaughterer blessing if possible. A bonus of up to 75% Power with basically full uptime against hordes is crazy good.

:black101:

My big boy was blessed with this soon after hitting 30, but then got crap weekly missions so I haven't really used it. Even if my zealot is better at killing, I love pushing hordes around as Ogryn. Wish it had a funny slap instead of an uppercut.

The Demilich posted:

Wait, you really can't emote in mission?
lmfao, what was the point of even ripping off this feature from another game?

You hold space to bring up the emote wheel. There's no keybinds available for them :psyduck:
Also
https://i.imgur.com/oQTOozz.mp4

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

The zealot's kit absolutely triggers my gotta go fast mode, and it feels like that pull gets stronger the higher level you go, so you have to be careful to stay with people.

If you get all your bleed/crit/damage reduction/whatever rolling you really feel like a steamroller (at least moreso than the other classes with all at 30), but when those drop off and you don't notice you're especially screwed because it's all about momentum.

0% damage taken while sliding, so you gotta be sprinting... always

if you can get to a shooter group while they're walking/mulling about, it's a lot less punishing than when they all spread to cover and stagger you from 15 different directions, maybe you can close and get them all to pull out their melee instead?

Until Death & Holy Revenant lulling you into killing yourself and trying to heal back to full while mowing down hordes every minute and a half

2 dashes to really let you overextend.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Evil Kit posted:

Both of you're fishing for a specific weapons. Unsure if white > orange crafting gives better odds on higher tier blessings though vs green > orange

And if you're just generally looking for blessings, make sure you set up the filters on the Armoury Exchange to highlight blessings ≥3 that show up in the credits store.

I also have some specific weapons/blessings set up to highlight what that my man Melk offers.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Melk's inventory was taken down today, and the general armoury exchange is supposed to be taken offline tomorrow in preparation for the new weapons + whatever else comes in the patch. Contracts still track though.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Artificer posted:

Ah, thank you.

I have a bunch of 350 base score items that I upgraded in search of good blessings/perks that have, unfortunately failed. I wonder if it's worth keeping them around or if I should strip them for the base mediocre blessings they have that I haven't unlocked yet, sell them, or keep them around? The inventory clutter is getting a bit much. What do you all do?

Did you upgrade them to blue or orange? Fatshark has hinted that higher quality blessings are more likely to come from the purple->orange consecration but we don't really know for sure. None of my blessing fishing is ever successful doing that though :colbert:

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/power-cycler-blessing-not-possible-to-get-anymore/68380/8

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

I just did a high intensity power outage, and honestly it was easier than just a regular high intensity because the shooters weren't shooting from 40 meters away:blastback: Pushing dogs remain hosed for what feels like the same reason I often end up not switching to a weapon I definitely chose, or randomly triggering a heavy swing when I'm just spamming light attacks, the input queueing or whatever seems to just get lost sometimes.

The browser Armoury Exchange got broken with the new weapons being added, guess the Firefox extension is updated right now and Chrome is coming.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Oh, I love the hound modifier so much, it's the regular ones that come in the middle of hordes with mutants that I hate. Hearing the block *ting* but no push is frustrating when you're just trying to save your buddy.
https://i.imgur.com/QS7bpeO.mp4
(sound on)

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

FrancisFukyomama posted:

The fact that automatic weapons in this game can’t be tapfired bc they fire in bursts by default is a bit annoying. The ripper gun would be way better with semi auto tapfire

I love that the lore reason for this is because ogryns love the sound of their guns so much that they'd burn through all their ammo without a burst limiter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cle-AdV_Q0&t=581s
(9:42)

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Brittleness on hit is nice, power on hit is nice, you can really slam whatever on it as long as the Brutal momentum's there

Decimator is another good one. The chained hit resets on block, but the push starts the first chained hit, so it stacks back up quickly and has a 2:1 power gain compared to Headtaker. My vet has decimator since the bad stamina regen means I won't be block/pushing much, psyker has headtaker since I do block/push a lot.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

So I tested it and we're all a bit wrong.

Pushing doesn't start the first chained hit, but the push attack does (so the next attack will gain the first stack)

Dodging doesn't reset stacks

The stacks build +1 for each attack after the first, so 6 attacks to reach 5 stacks, or 4 attacks to beat 5 stacks of Headtaker (+30% vs +25%)

Seems to fall off about 1.25 seconds after not hitting anything, and immediately on missing, blocking. I ought to record a mission to see how often the buff falls off and when.

BeeSeeBee fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 22, 2023

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

To add to the complexity of modeling, I was doing some more testing trying to get creature spawner to work (idk, can't get it to), and there's another interaction that works really well with brutal momentum.

Apparently chained "attack" means hit because I was able to get 4 stacks of decimator with just 2 swings without much density. I think the first hit, no matter how many enemies you hit is the start of the chain, and then any following attack is enemies hit = stacks.

https://i.imgur.com/3nhr3wp.mp4

I might keep jumping between the two for testing since it's the unlocked blessing.

BeeSeeBee fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 22, 2023

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

If I spend time getting and setting up mods will I have to repeat the process for every patch :fatshark: puts out?

I was manually managing mods but switched to having vortex do it since it'll show updates and it automates a bit with this extension.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/11r7i93/mod_users_vortex_is_the_way_to_go/jc7onxn/

I haven't had a mod break yet as long as you re-enable the mods, but there have been added features to various mods, so it's worth occasionally updating.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I've been out since like January. I see they finished the weapon system, added a bunch of weapons, rejiggered blessings, etc.

Has any of my stuff been nerfed? Like am I going to have to replace my Kantrael, Antax with Brutal Momentum, Voidstrike, Cleaver, etc?

Nope, those all remain near top of the heap. The biggest nerfs that garnered complaints were:

Power Sword: The base energized swing went from 2->1 and Power Cycler got nerfed from adding an extra 3 energized swings to 2. They just added a Tier 3 Power cycler to give 1 extra energized swing, so the nerfs actually made cycler even more desirable.

Flamer took a hit to damage and ammo but is still just as OP at blinding your teammates (with a Purgatus buddy). But really it's still good at clearing everything and anything, especially if you chastise the wicked while everything's burning.

There have been a ton of buffs and bug fixes that have made a lot of weapons blessings viable, but I'm still mostly working on getting a decent couple base sets for each character so I haven't branched out to the more niche weapons too much.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm thinking of reinstalling for the first time since . . . late December?

Anyways I've got a lvl 30 zealot plus all the other classes at various stages of not-30. I'm thinking of trying to actually kit out my zealot. IIRC I was a big fan of the 2h chain sword before. What's the hotness for a zealot, anything I should try to get?

I don't theorycraft breakpoints or anything and haven't really tried all weapon mark variants with blessings, just read community feedback on what seems to work. As Artificer said, what works even on the hardest difficulties is wide open. Some people weave attacks to hit certain patterns, I just swing and shoot :hellyeah:

Really good post about what enemies are armored with and where:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/z2pn4t/enemy_breed_armour_types_and_locational_damage/

Combat Axe:
Antax Mk V - Good swing pattern to hit weak spots
Maniac/Flak/Elite perks
Brutal Momentum - Amazing at horde clear, and once activated you can cleave through to specials/elites mixed in as well.
Headtaker - Free power!
Decimator - Also works well but is edged out by how easy Headtaker is to use

Thunderhammer:
Crucis is better at deleting the big boys with slightly higher damage, but I've heard Ironhelm is a good with mixed hordes even though I can't get used to it's attack pattern.
Unyielding/Flak/Elite Perks
Thrust - Deletes almost everything in one hit except monstrosities, hence the unyielding (also for bulwarks and reapers)
Momentum - Good if you need stay safe during a horde and regain toughness
Slaughterer or Headtaker for more power

Eviscerator feels like it's a weaker spot in damnation at the moment and is edged out by heavy swords and combat axes for everything but big guy damage (which Thrusterhammer does so much better)
Momentum - Like the Thunderhammer, I like having a defensive on this since it rips through elites with the special just fine.
Savage Sweep - Ramps up the horde clear with heavies by really making it cleave, synergizes with Momentum well

Heavy swords are in a much better place than they were, probably the best horde clear, just need to be paired with a ranged for elites
Rampage and Headtaker are good damage blessings since all the others increase cleave and the heavy sword is already really good on that.

Boltgun
Unyielding/Flak/Elite/Reload perks
Pinning Fire - P-P-P-Power!
Shattering Impact - Brittleness reduces armor by 5% per stack, so with all the multipliers doing whatever you end up doing more damage, and brittleness also reduces it for your team as well.

Braced Autoguns (but don't brace with them, horizontal spread goes crazy):
Agripinaa Mk VIII - I think this one has the best penetration so it's good at shooting into shooter groups
Unarmored/Flak - Helps with the ranged guys you'll mostly see and it's pretty accurate and ammo efficient enough to help with them
Hit & Run - To help close down the gap without getting staggered from all directions
Deathspitter or Fire Frenzy for power
They're all close ranged blessings, but close range in the game is like 15m so not just melee range

I still use the boring ol' antax and Agripinaa most of the time because they're well rounded, plus you can fish for blessings to rip with other characters since they're not unique to the zealot.

But really, I like the Antax (not all on my Zealot)

BeeSeeBee fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 24, 2023

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

:thunk:

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Pharmaskittle posted:

it'd be fun to do it based on class, like 1 million kills with x class gets everybody a skin for that class, and any class skins that didn't get earned go in the shop. so all the zealots could be bumping a cool skin they got for free off a community challenge, but psykers didn't make the cut and have to pay for their Radiant Hat of Many Tubes if they want it

If the class split I see in games is any indication, the ogryns would be at a disadvantage :(

Destiny 2 has the yearly guardian games between the three classes, and after one takes an early lead, everyone else just gives up. We're pretty sure Bungie were also putting their thumb on the scale to make sure each class got it at least once since it started.
They also had to lower the community goal a few years ago when everyone saw the bullshit and decided to just wait until they would inevitably change it, and they did and always do because these things are made up and never matter.

Me, I'm tired of the not spawning new monstrosity nonsense, at least 10 monstrosities killed and none were the new one. Really like the new mission though.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

I kind of want to track this but also I'm lazy BUT I swear if I play my psyker the lobby is full of psykers, if I play my ogryn then it's all ogryn all the time. Fatshark please more evenly distribute classes between lobbies (they can't do this because game pop is so low even if they wanted to IMO).

Other people have definitely mentioned the perception of class stacking on the subreddit. It's part of the reason I like playing my ogryn, bound to run into a few others tossing boxes. Best paired with 1 vet so everyone's got ammo and regenerate grenades.

This guy has been running numbers around class stacking and weapon win rates and is pretty in line with what I've noticed about all ranged having a rough time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/13479a6/class_data_from_100_public_high_intensity_games/

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

I didn't have a good voidstaff before so I don't know about the prior holding R, but you can definitely frantically alternate tapping left click and R while holding right click to rapid fire out the void balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AneLeDDO_Q

You can see warp flurry stacking at the beginning when I'm doing it normally, but it just makes the charging faster rather than get them out faster.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

A class stacked zealot team is a sight to behold, just zoomin around with hammers and poo poo, taking turns healing on hordes anytime they get hurt, you can't outpace your team when everyone's trying their hardest to do the same to you.
A class stacked vet team melts the moment they get pressed in melee, but up until that point it does feel like walking through the level and mowing down hordes with your buddies.
But missing a vet on a team is probably the biggest QoL loss in having more reliable shooter shooting and ammo/grenade regen or shared elite-o vision

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Yeah I'll be back in October, I was a little burnt out just before the shared resources and auric ops, so I'm looking forward to those even though I lucked into actually having a pretty decent weapon collection before the crafting changes.

In the meantime, I love stuff like this, makes me feel like Achilles in that opening scene of Troy

https://i.imgur.com/YuVGBdt.mp4
Aww yeah that was all me :smuggo:

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

There's also a beneficial bug right now.

If you spend plasteel or diamantine upgrading a weapon, and then go to the psykhanium, do a mission, or change operative and log back into your character, once you're back on the Mourningstar, you get about 80% of it refunded. So get in while the gettings good :D

BeeSeeBee fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 16, 2023

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

I was thinking the 16m blast radius they mentioned might mean diameter, but now I'm thinking maybe they did mean radius.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Hence why I said the rock is probably going to be the meta choice since its cooldown based instead

The meta is going to be bullying veterans into picking Demolition Team for grenade regen :D

That it comes with the Krak grenade (devastating damage. Sticks to Flak, Carapace, & Unyielding) instead of the bleed or smoke ones is going to be an easy pick for me.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Legit Businessman posted:

Now that I am returning to the game, I note that my curios have additional slots to gently caress with.

What are the current meta builds for vet curios? or is it too early to tell with everything else that has been changed?

The theorycrafter who did some prior weapon testing did some for curios a few months ago, and just updated it with auric missions. Seems like a mix of health and toughness as the main perk depending on class and then just stack health/toughness/toughness regen for the three lesser perks. Makes sense and was what I was already running for lack of bothering to figure out anything else. Works all the time, works against everything, don't have to figure out what a gunner is or if they're what's actually killing me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/14iynw5/curio_data_from_700_public_high_intensity/?rdt=64899
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/16ppmad/curio_data_from_1000_public_auric_high_intensity/

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Legit Businessman posted:

I find it weird that gunner resist was the hot poo poo in the start, and now it's not useful, or at least not worth taking :smith:

I think part of it was the rarity of rolling exactly what you wanted, so the resists were decent secondary options since you only had one perk to reroll. They're still by no means bad if you're getting caught out by scab/dreg gunners & reapers. Having some extra curios for maelstrom special spawns like extra mutants or stuff like sniper gauntlet isn't a bad idea as you collect more curios either.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Mailer posted:

Edit: Also, is the loot system pretty much just mission->mission->check shop->repeat? It looks like there's crafting for additional perks/blessings and a subsequent rarity bump but with the stats remaining the same it seems like gambling/the shop is pretty much it.

I recommend grabbing this browser extension
https://old.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/1000s5t/formally_announcing_the_armoury_exchange/
It lets you check the shop and Melk's inventory without being in game. I tend to grab all the greys and greens around 370 base power as long as they don't have bad stat distribution or first perk. It's not easy to get a perfectly rolled/crafted weapon, but something close enough is all you really need.

Set a filter to highlight anything with a level 3 blessing in the regular shop to fill out those, and use Melk bux to grab the level 4 blessings you're after, occasionally a decent weapon will show up. Most of my better weapons have come from crafting and then refining/re-blessing, no gambling and I don't use brunt's armory because you just blow through money for 320 base power garbage most of the time.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

Just got out of some Auric missions and yeah unless I'm playing with friends who are less Darktide-good, that's where I'm going to live now.

Mods Talk:
I've updated Darktide Mod Framework along with a few others on this list as of 2 days ago and this is my mod load order, you'll notice 2 commented out because they appear to be broken, everything else seems to work for me.
code:
scoreboard
NumericUI
hub_hotkey_menus
--creature_spawner
Blessings of the Omnissiah
--ChatBlock
FoundYa
ItemSorting
Mission Lobby - Show Ranged Weapons
Ration Pack
SpectatorHUD
TruePeril
BetterMelk
animation_events
Any other recommended mods these days?

Some that I like
Reveal Blessings Shows the Blessings you've missed
Barter with Hadron Lets you sell at Hadron's menu
My Favorites because maybe I deleted a really good voidstrike staff :(
Log Me In Since I tend to play one character until their contracts are done...
Contracts Overlay Am I meleeing scabs or ranging them, or is it dregs?
Height Changerif you foolishly didn't make your Ogryn the biggest, meanest, strongest.
Is Sorted Mission Grid still needed? I didn't really check the QoL changes since there was so much balance info.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

e: ^ yeah, you just have to go into your inventory to do it. With the mod you can sell the garbage you crafted after blowing thousands of plasteel before doing it all over again at Hadron's.

Well it doesn't seem like the input lag/queueing issue was fixed, scrier's gaze and that has killed me more times than anything else so far. Noticing a lot of other players are finding that a problem too :psyboom:

BeeSeeBee fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 9, 2023

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Owl Inspector posted:

Haven't used it yet but can definitely say the rock is the meta addition from this patch

https://i.imgur.com/GolN7pa.mp4

Easily the best addition of the patch, and you get *three* types of rocks! Mutants ragdolling up stairs and getting serious air time is the funniest poo poo every time.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

DogsInSpace! posted:

Thank you. For all you elder paykers out there: how is the surge staff? Got one as a reward and it looks like the charge attack is just smite? In the training/psykarium it procced like my purgatus. I’m loving this build although I wish brain burst went faster. Bloody vets always stealing my kill right before it goes off. Still shocked how tanky I am while being a crit machine. I melt mob rushes.

Well right now Empowered Psionics is causing the surge staff to do double damage and not eat a charge (not that it's supposed to be affected anyways), so it's feeling pretty good.

I've only run this build once because I was trying out the void/assail changes for my melk money this week. Really fun riding at high peril hoping that battle meditation will bring you back under head popping yourself on a kill, with venting shriek at the ready just in case you do :)
https://darktide.gameslantern.com/builds/9a6c6dab-aa53-45c9-8f10-511ca31e4386/assail-madness-by-the-wile-spice

I've got a really good warp flurry/nexus staff and the newly added gibbing when you get going is so good.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

A Cool Video Game Too posted:

The bug is actually a bit more than that: Surge inherits all modifiers that Smite gets! So if you take the +1 spread ability modifier on smite, your Surge staff now hits 3 targets, not two! Harder to test with the 10% base damage ability modifier but I wouldn't be surprised if it works.

Oh nice, I only saw the bug about Empowered psionics, and didn't consider that I might need more lightning at my fingertips, gonna add another build with that then.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Oh yeah, well how would Slaughterer work if Force Swords didn't have power, thus being Power Swords?!?:thunk:

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Hammers too, you think the beneficent Emperor is going to leave any of his children without power swords? No, everybody's in power sword gang! :histdowns:

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Chorus is insanely good but I often find that just like Smite, my groups will just stand there and stare rather than focus down the crusher or pick up the fallen guy. It's like the opposite of how Brain Burst glow would tell people "shoot this guy right now"

If it's a mixed horde with my knife build, I like going after whatever basic guys are around, doing backstab kills until you get it back in a couple seconds, "DID YOU NOT GET THE IMPLICATION THE FIRST TIME?! SO HELP ME, I WILL KEEP CHORUSING UNTIL THE CLASS CAN FOCUS ON THE TASK IN FRONT OF THEM."

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Crackerjack posted:

Anyway, this is my operative Grip. I like him a lot. Say something nice about him

Thumbs up to you too, buddy

U r very pretty friendo

(side note: I don't like that they changed the ogryn convict garb to have a big leather patch on one shoulder since I took this)

BeeSeeBee fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 28, 2023

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Wow, had one of my highest damage games where I just was able to eat through all the ammo. It was high-intensity hounds so every time they came I pretty much filled up both zealots ammo. Only one ammo crate at the very end, and all those crits are free ammo as well (recon lasgun build). 3800 total kills for the team and 57 minutes :sweatdrop: Psyker was the real hero with smite and stun shield.

BeeSeeBee fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Rampage + Savage Sweep/Wrath would probably be overkill for hordes since it feels like it's already got plenty of cleave with light attack spam. I'd probably do Rampage + Shred so you can get back your ability in seconds during a horde.