Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Characters should only be mean to whoever has the kerillian voice

That's the Zealot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

moosecow333 posted:

I’m level 5 and I haven’t gotten a good sword yet :( I don’t want the stupid Catachan blade with its stupid counter, I want the other good sword that cleaves through everything and I can stab people with it.

Which one is that?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Rabelais D posted:

Coming from Vermintide 2 it feels like melee in this game doesn't quite have the same great weighty feedback, I also don't feel like there's good feedback as to where I'm taking damage from. Sometimes feels like I'm taking random damage, or suddenly all my toughness disappears and I have no idea how, but I suppose that's because I'm new to the game (I do know to look behind me).

Also, all the levels look the same: dark corridors leading to dark open spaces. Nothing beats bashing rats in the head in an open field on a sunny day.

There's a level where you go a broken dome where the light is streaming into the interiors and you run around the shantytown in the open. It's very bright.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
They really need to add a dedicated "FOR THE EMPRAH!" button.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Makes it funny with the Leagues of Votann sitting over there in the galactic core going "Ironkin are kin, simple as".

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Which braced autogun is best for the Zealot? There's like 3 different kinds.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Okay so there's daemonhosts now???

New midboss, surprised and kicked my team's rear end on threat 4. Teleporting gently caress.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

A couple of combat barks I noticed today.

Psyker- "worship me or die!" She also referred to the Emperor as "the Carrion Emperor" in a dialogue

Zealot- "blood for the Emperor, skulls for the golden throne!"(variation of the famous Khornate "blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne")

:ninja::devil::ninja::devil::ninja::devil:

https://twitter.com/mcnostrilcom/status/1582442802239004672

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The 5th class is felinid class.

Bring out all the catgirl/catboy lovers.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

BadOptics posted:

Control layout is good/standard. The only awkward thing to do is the sprint/dive combo that depends all on your pinky moving from LShift -> LCtrl but personally I got used to doing it.

I rebound it to the C key and it's significantly better and easier to pull off.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

RBA Starblade posted:

I assume the percentages next to bars are modifiers based on the base damage? Not really sure how to read them tbh

I think it's in addition to the base stats, within a range denoted by the bar.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Yeah they definitely add a fuckton more information about weapon stats now.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
It's unfortunately still more generous than other live service games. ~5 USD for a chest and legs skin bundle with unique model and ~12-14 USD for chest, legs, head, and 2 weapon skin bundle is way more generous than say Valorant charging 30 USD for a weapon skin.

Still not great to have I agree.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
It's weird cause for me the game is running basically perfectly. In 6 hours of playing I can count the number of disconnects on one hand, whereas in the pre-beta up to the maintenance window I can get disconnected every 5 minutes in a single match. The only CTD I had was the reproducible "click on special move in weapon stats screen" bug.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

field balm posted:

Just got my first powersword and im not sure im sold, hard to get it to charge in the thick of stuff. People using the bolter/powersword combo must be going crazy between the time needed to load/rack the bolter and time spent charging the sword! Braced autogun and the combat axe is working out nicely for me at the moment.

So it's not really worth engaging with crafting till they put the rest in right? Do you just cross your fingers for a good perk/trait etc when you upgrade, for now?

You don't need to wait the full charge up animation. Just activate it and swing immediately.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Is Matyrdom +5 damage every lost 15 percent of HP or every lost 15 points of HP?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Speaking of the Eviscerator, what blessings and perks are good on it?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Frush posted:

Yeah, the no crossplay thing is absolute garbage. I only just found out about it. I'm on gamepass, but all my friends will get it on steam when they do. Has there been any word about it being in the works?

Crossplay between Steam and Gamepass is rare. Both Steam and Gamepass provide backend functionality for multiplayer, but for obvious reasons are incompatible with each other. If a game wanted to have crossplay between those platforms, then its devs would need to create their own multiplayer backend.

Do you really trust Fatshark to make that?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/z9a2fj/psa_rtx_is_always_on_despite_what_options_you/

I can confirm that doing this and manually removing the RTX stuff in the config file improved my performance a ton.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
This a good weapon to grab for Zealot?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
So what exactly do the "+X% Power" blessings do?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Broken Cog posted:

Speaking of stuff that was in VT2, wonder if they're planning to implement "Illusions" for weapons. There's options for skins right now, but as far as I can tell, they're all just texture swaps.

Well the flamer skin actually does have a different model, there's more of a cover over the barrel compared to the base version.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
What pairs good with the Thunderhammer?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
What does "+X% Power" actually do?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
What I dislike is when you're in melee and the shooty dudes to the sides are still trying to pump lead/lasers into you despite being like 3 feet away.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Yeah from my experience Damnation isn't that significantly harder than Heresy, compared to the Malice -> Heresy jump.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I think once we get the other crafting functions released it'll alleviate the store stuff. Given the names of the unused options we'll be able to change and upgrade the stats, perks, and blessings of a weapon. Even if you still can't purposefully make a specific weapon being able to change its stat distribution should help a lot.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Phlegmish posted:

I don't get why Hardon has to be so condescending, who programmed her that way

1) As a Tech Priest she probably programmed herself to be that way when giving herself her augmentations.

2) One of her dialogues has her say she's been alive for about 400 years and she's been angry for like 99% of it.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Arghy posted:

I think we'll need a break point for greens, blues, and purples to determine whether its worth rolling it to the next level because if you get a bad roll and are under the threshhold then its pointless to keep upgrading it. If it's 380 for a white/grey then i'm guessing at least over 400 for a green.

The number is broken up in the stat breakdowns. You can see how much of the power number budget is allocated to the stats/perks/blessings in the upper right of each section.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
By all means it seems like that Fatshark's response to the FOMO of the cash shop is to just, remove the timers. The shop items haven't changed at all even though the timers indicated they'd have changed last week lmao.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Tactical axes with the "ignore hit mass on weak spot kill" blessing are actually really good and Heresy+ worthy.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
What curios are you putting on your Zealots?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Ciaphas posted:

at this point it's an "i don't know and now i'm too embarrassed to ask" situation but gently caress it:

are "dump stats," here & in general, something you want to minimize, or maximize? i swear i've heard both and i have no clue what the etymology's supposed to be either way

In general it's the stat you don't care about and minimize.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

comrade corcus posted:

Just gonna drop this here

https://dt.wartide.net/calc/

Group I got pulled into is deep diving the code hardcore

Oh neat, I'll try messing around with thi-

There's 2 more variants of the Eviscerator??

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Mendrian posted:

Yeah a lot of people seem to hate it but a nice orange chain ax with good perks it just awesome. I run it a lot on Heresy and I've never had issues. It handles hoards well enough though slower than a big cleave weapon but it takes down heavies very quickly and you see more of them on higher difficulties.

What sort of blessings and perks are good on it?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Baby T. Love posted:

What even is this?

Sab Sabbington posted:

The Fatshark experience is staring wide eyed at a patch note that explains that something fundamental about the game was literally not enabled after spending 8 hours straight turning fleshy enemies into a bloody pulp and having an incredible time doing it

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
This worth buying for Melkbucks for my Zealot?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
If anyone's interested here's an RPG based on Darktide.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cUbI46IYer8jnquwHE_0-HnBLGq2dnCd8nIvHMSK8Bk/edit

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Spanish Manlove posted:

I did find a 360~ grey eviscerator and then upgraded it to this. So like the damage and penetration are ok but not perfect and the other numbers there are pretty dang good. Everything else is useful but not perfect but I also wondered about the bloodletter perk. I figured I could use it with the crit chance on bleeding enemies thing and the perk that reduces the cooldown on the charge for crits

IDK if this is good but it's been really fun

When blessing changing gets added I'd switch out Momentum with a cleave blessing like Wrath or Savage Sweep (I prefer the latter). Getting more toughness on multiple hit isn't as good as just straight killing them and getting toughness anyway. You're able to cleave 4+ targets at 75% cleave stat so max stack Wrath gives you about 6-8 cleave and Savage Sweep gives 8-12 cleave.

Bloodletter looks real neat but given Eviscerator can kill most non-ogryns with a special attack you'll probably only really see use against ogryns.

I'd also switch out the sprint speed perk in exchange for something else.

Otherwise that's a really nice Eviscerator.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Nitrousoxide posted:

Momentum is an amazing perk. Probably S-Tier for me. The Eviscerator also has a side swipe heavy attack that will almost surely hit 3+ baddies so it's super easy to proc.

I'd rate the cleave blessings as higher, personally.