Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Are there really only 4 outfits in this whole game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Vinylshadow posted:

The Scarlet Autumn and Violet Winter outfits are the best-looking options

they all look so dumb

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
oh man, these animations when you finally get to class. oh jeez. this is some jason and the argonauts level animation

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mega64 posted:

Alright which one of you is “Old Hass”

not me i'm brovatore

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Macaluso posted:

Can I not just have my Pokemon follow me? I absolutely blazed through the tutorial boxes because this game vomits so much text at you when I just want to get going so I may have missed it. But R does have the Pokemon come out of the ball, but apparently he'll get into fights on his own? I'd rather they... not do that, but I'd like to still have them follow me. But also if you get to far he just auto goes back into the pokeball. Can they not keep up?

Also wow this game runs like crap. This and the second Rabbids game are really bumming me out by how bad they run

if you paid attention you would have seen that the game told you to press ZR to put the pokemon back in the ball :)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I will be so impressed if they don't have a crafting feature in the game.

rip your expectations

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Its kinda racist for gamefreak to make all the students in spain look like they're 35. Not cool bro, I get there's no work or jobs but that's a low blow

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Rageaholic posted:

How do you even get to the stony cliff titan if it's blocked by mountains? Are there HMs in this game like Rock Climb?

yeah you gotta go there later when you can climb up stuff instead of looking around and trying to find a different path up the hill

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I like that you can see this pokecenter logo from so far away

what jacket is that?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Its just the winter uniform

man, the scarlet clothes are really dumb looking in comparison

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mesadoram posted:

When do I unlock luxury balls? It feels wrong to put Pokemon in any other kind of ball.

eventually

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Rageaholic posted:

In Scarlet/Violet, is there a department store like in previous games where you can buy TMs and such or is that limited to the TM machine at the Pokemon center?

kinda

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Large Testicles posted:

do you really need to unlock flying or swimming just to get to the second gym if you go in the order it recommends?

yes

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

worms butthole guy posted:

Thinking back before I maybe buy thos, my biggest problem with brilliant pearl was that it felt like I had no motivation to use any pokom ex ept for my strongest, is that still true

idk maybe

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

So the 'mon symbols on the minimap are just completely useless, right? They don't even rotate around the center of the map when you turn around, it's impossible to tell where they are meant to be!

they're meant to show the rare spawn possibilities around you. that's it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Blaziken386 posted:

what the gently caress

last gen I finally decided to go ahead and breed a ralts of every nature, and now you're telling me they don't DO ANYTHING?

haha get owned

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah, the only ways around it are blocked by mountains it seems.

you might find your way if you're a little more creative and explore more. maybe ever thought of that?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Macaluso posted:

I got out of the school (which was absolute torture) but then did a titan and a star base and there was too much talking during those too

I like the talking, it feels more like a jrpg now

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I accidentally explored too much and didn't guess right on the level progression of some areas and completely stomped some activities because I was at least ten levels higher than them. I was fine being under leveled for some other areas because it added some challenge and I couldn't just tell garchomp to earthquake everything to death.

Something cool would be that when you activate a flight point it'll tell you the level range around it.

Oh and you should all explore as much as you can and fight every trainer as there's some good rewards from the dude at the poke centers. Also there's some cool tera pokemon littered around that seem to be there on purpose as the types make some sense to them instead of being completely random.

Just explore. Stop asking for directions and explore.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Wile E. Toyota posted:

Do the tera raid battles get harder? I've done a few and the Pokemon usually dies so fast I don't even get a chance to attack.

kinda

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Echophonic posted:

Oh lord, only the learner needs the herb? RIP 30k. Oh well, not like money's that hard to come by with my Tera Raid addiction.

What the gently caress, that takes like 20 seconds. That's insane and I love it.

what are you talking about?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Is there a good money farming method that people have discovered yet?

raids

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

History Comes Inside! posted:

I wish it had the mechanic in swsh where the map screen (or was it the Pokédex itself? It’s been a while) would tell you there were Pokémon you needed for the Pokédex somewhere as a suggested destination.

Check habitat in the pokedex

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

History Comes Inside! posted:

Eh, kind of. It doesn’t tell you if those Pokémon are actually spawning in those areas right now though like swsh did.

I’m pretty sure swsh would also highlight if there were active Pokémon you hadn’t even seen yet out there to be caught so you didn’t have to look up anything externally.

They spawn there but you have to go explore, that's what's fun about it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

HootTheOwl posted:

Last night I completed my team after some kind soul wonder-traded a Fuecoco to me. (I have like 5 weed cats, so weed cat owners are the most generous wonder-traders)
I also finally got my second badge.

The area grayed out on my map in the north east: That's postgame stuff right? Miridon can't climb up it but also the ocean is grayed out so I assume I can swim there. IDK I'm just exploring and catching not really bothering with the gyms. Or team Star. Team star isn't hurting anybody so I feel no need to wreck their bases other than they're bad students.

That's France and you're not allowed to go there

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Flopsy posted:

So are we allowed to talk about major story spoilers yet? Because I'd love to get into whatever the hell is dwelling at the bottom of area Zero.

I think it's probably an expansion fodder. But it's cool you can catch another one of the box art legendaries down there. It's a very cool area that reminds me of the cave Mewtwo was in at gen1 and one of the few proper dungeons in the 3d era. There are a few cool caves in the foothills of the big snow mountain but this is an entirely proper jrpg dungeon

However, I'm having fun trying not to use a guide to search up all of black stakes that I presume are needed for the Chinese legends. I found one of the seals but don't know where the other two are. It's fun to not spoil myself and try to find it on my own.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Flopsy posted:

Observant and emotionally intelligent Nemona is not. She means well bless her but if it's not about critters kicking the poo poo out of each other she ain't about it. And yes final area is amazing on pretty much every level. It's simultaneously beautiful and deeply deeply loving creepy. It kinda had a Chernobyl vibe to it to be honest. Like nature is slowly overtaking all these old research outposts but it's clear something went horribly loving wrong here.

You should take all the history classes and ready the copy of the book in the entrance hall :)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Are there any new mechanics to ev train or do I do the old school method of just killing 255 of something that gives 1ev each?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

FoolyCharged posted:

I think they removed the cap on ev boosters, so you can just use your raid cash in the post-game to just buy the stats you want. Don't know if there's better options before you're loaded though

Neat, I'm rich as gently caress and can just buy $500k worth of vitamins for the cool rear end ruinous ice Martin I just got

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I don't think game freak could have handled making more models and animations for ride pokemon

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Diet Poison posted:

I was going to wait til after the Charizard raid but gently caress it, I'm impatient, I want to play through the game again with an entirely different team and at a more leisurely pace. And we don't have access to Home yet, correct? Can anybody hang onto my legendaries and starter and one or two other guys, and then trade them back to me a couple hours later when I've unlocked trading?
In return, if you're a scarlet player, I can send you over some of the version exclusive/ paradox mons. Keep in mind that they're rare and I haven't even seen half of them spawn, but I can make an effort. PM if interested.

make a new profile on your switch so you can keep the old save :)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is there a shop that sells the special pokeballs you get as pokedex rewards?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Baller Ina posted:

If you mean the ones you get 10 of, yes. If you mean the ones you get one of, lol.

Yeah those like the heavy ball. I guess the old Capricorn balls is what you would call them. But that's super wack if you only get one of each

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ROFL Octopus posted:

Apricorn balls can also be bought in infinite supply at the auction but they’re also by a wide margin the most expensive items in the game, probably running you around 400,000 each. So you’ll have to work for your aesthetics.

The Beast Ball is truly one of a kind, which sucks.

Cool. I don't like that.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Larryb posted:

Makes sense since after that point you won’t really need it anymore except for Pokémon collection

Also do the gym leaders have any new Pokémon when you refight them as part of the requirement to unlock the school tournament or just higher leveled versions of the ones you fought before?

they have full teams

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Blaziken386 posted:

started violet playthrough so i can get various version exclusives

help what do i name my weedcat

poop

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Bee posted:

I really hope the takeaway from this is that the hyperaggressive release pace can slow down and not that better things aren't possible.

lmao no. this outsold GOW:Ragnarok by double and that was the ps5's best seller. They're very aware they can just release whatever and people will buy it based on brand recognition alone

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

That's not that impressive, you still can't loving buy that console in some places.

well then measure it against something else, mr. pedantic. either way the game sold extremely well

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If you like garchomp, you should check around the overworld near the area zero crater. You'll be ambushed by something really funny and I didn't think would be possible due to typing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i haven't found 6 star raids yet, do you have to beat a certain number of 5 stars to unlock them?