Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Bugs and lovely coding aside I'd still already rate it higher than SwSh because you actually get to do things in the plot and they wrote some fun characters instead of...Hau without the humanity and Two Rivals Appearing Twice Each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

It needs like 6 months of work just for optimization tbh. It's honestly annoying how good the game is under it. If it was SwSh quality I could have just written it off at least.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Mr E posted:

Why did they give it wheels when it doesn't actually use them....

Because it's the ancient variant of the bike dragon. It's meant to be evocative of what is to come but it less advanced so it instead runs around on its feet.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Larryb posted:

How’s the stage before that out of curiosity and how soon does it evolve?
First form is not great but it evolves at 24

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Larryb posted:

Also how many other Legendaries are in this game?

Just play the game or don't holy poo poo this bit of using the thread as google is dumb.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

I’m a bit confused about these online terra raids. When I walk up to the crystal and select that anyone can join I always seem to be the host? If so where are these other people coming from? When I go to the shop stations I only ever see the option to join a raid by entering a link code so I don’t understand how to just join an open one without a link code

Open your menu and go to the pokeworld or whatever it's called. Above save and settings.

Also just go into every menu at least once in every game you play. Just a helpful tip

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rageaholic posted:

If I'm looking at it right, the grass gym is completely on the other side of the map from where I was :confused: I was just exploring the area I was in and ended up at the water gym so that's why I assumed I was supposed to beat that one next. Why would they put the actual next one I was supposed to beat all the way in a different direction from where I was going?

Because the friends from the tutorial say "Start just east of this city." and "No start just west of this city!" so clearly they both relatively low level/good starting zones and they expect you to have read those things and remembered them.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

PLaying a bit of showdown and boy this meta is going to be loving weird.

And that poison rock flower pokemon is goign to be a loving nightmare god I hate its ability so much.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

tbh I think the more significant thing than that is how it's an open world game where you are expected to explore, if you want to power through harder content earlier you can but for most players it wants them to feel things out and leave if it's too difficult

I mean they were asking about how the game gives you any hints about that and they...do. and you can manually get more hints at any poke center with a option that appears in the menu you have to see to heal your pokes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

HopperUK posted:

I really dislike Disco Elysium's voice acting but I realise I'm the only person in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoGlE4G8DyE

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Augus posted:

way more than the framerate issues it bothers me that the battles feel like a downgrade from how fast and snappy arceus’s battles were. switching Pokémon in particular is really slow, it’s annoying. the general feel of running around and exploring also feels like a downgrade from Arceus.

Every animation going into in and out of battle was way way more sluggish in PLA. Not to mention the combat just worse overall. You're crazy

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Augus posted:

you are tripping on peyote in the middle of woods right now, put the phone down

Bro you have to wake up, you've been in a coma for a decade imagining a version of PLA that's wasn't ploddering and sluggish anytime you interacted with anything but throwing a pokeball. Bro it's been 10 years.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Malmesbury Monster posted:

any tips for a good False Swipe mon? i used to use Breloom but that was probably like three gens back and i haven't found a Shroomish yet anyway

Just throw a pokeball at them

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

the animations for stuff may have been slower but PLA feels faster because the UI is more fluid. Having the ability to scroll through the rest of your team and using the trigger to throw out their pokeball feels faster than menu-ing it

also you could swap without losing your turn unless the opponent was much faster, which was nice, if OP

also also tying both attack stats and defense stats together meant when things like ancientpower procced, it didnt take as long (i love serene grace dunsparce, but i also hate it a little bit. please just say all stats raised please i am begging u)

drat you're right, PLA's mechanical changes were dogshit and it wasn't actually faster.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

I'm enjoying this game a lot, but I don't think it's an exaggeration to say some of these textures are N64 quality. Please help the Gamefreak workers, there's no way they could have put out a game that looks AND runs like this unless they're under insane time restraints.

I mean GF is also historically not good at the technical side of games and does not expand their workforce significantly ever. Give them more time and hire people that know better.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BrainDance posted:

After coming across the one (that I know of) sandwich shop that you can actually just go in and its a room you can walk around in I am so confused as to why they didn't just do that for the rest? Apparently it's not a technical problem because that sandwich shop works.... that one treasure restaurant or whatever works too, all the gyms work, so why not just do that for the rest? I thought at first it was a performance thing for who knows what reason but if those work why wouldn't the rest work?

Just copy and paste the rooms GF just, just do it....

edit: The DLC better let me silph co my rear end through those skyscrapers in the electric gym city... they're so big but why?

They should all instead be the menus cause it's less loading and the interiors are utterly pointless.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

i know this new game sucks but there needs to be a moratorium on the words 'jank' or 'jank'y or 'jankieness' there has to be a different way to express how much this game doesnt loving work

No, shut up.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Is there a reason why Nintendo doesn't just directly interfere with the development of Pokemon games?

money come in, why effort?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Lux Animus posted:

christ almighty I am relieved as well by the Tinkaton line's designs because in the seedy early leaks online it was originally referred to as the 'loli with a hammer' line and I was v worried

I think both you and whoever you're reading need to log off.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

Got a timid Zorua with fairy tera type earlier, AKA one of my favorite pokemon (even with its terrible ability) with my favorite type

so of course it still doesn't actually learn any fairy type moves, not even through breeding. :negative:

Every single pokemon learns tera blast, an 80 BP move that's whatever their highest attack stat is (Physical/Special) and is normal but hten becomes their tera type when they teralize.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Stux posted:

agreed the busywork check list game of flat empty areas that repeated pokemon endlessly and couldnt have more than 2 on screen at once and had gameplay best described as holding down ZR to fire a machine gun of balls at everything and nothing else is much better. unrelated but a cartoon roadrunner just caved my skull in with an anvil.

It's the best because I saw a bigger than normal pokemon and clapped and the normal pokemon battle system for children is too complicated for me so the simplified game really was perfect for my dehydrated brain.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

What chanting are you people talking about? The vocal part of the boss gym leader? That's not trying to be a crowd chanting or cheering it's just the music adding in a layer of vocalization as another instrument. Like a more tame version of what platinum does with its boss fights.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Zore posted:

I am beginning to think Blaze Breed Tauros don't exist. Been searching for like an hour now.

There's a spawn for them right out side the Port town with the auction house's poke center. I had one literally run onto me while shopping. eat a fire encounter up food then run around it.

Barreft posted:

Just unlocked the rival sex romance option

Shut the gently caress up, freak.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Perfect Potato posted:

Japan's decided she's Hisoka so you're not alone

This is right. People say she's goku, but goku seeks out tougher opponents. Hisoka finds someone with potential and gives them nudges so that it's more fun to beat (kill) them later.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Eiba posted:

I'll give you some advice I wish I had: the Sinistea ruins in the southwest are in the second to last gym town by level. It's difficult late game territory. Charcadet evolves into Ceruledge at like level 40 if you're doing the game straight.

I...no if you just explore north of the 3rd lowest level gym town you can get to where it evolves at like level 25 ish on average since the wild life is like 23-28 in the area. Like even just following levels it's almost half what you're saying, lol. hell the area AFTER that town is only like level 32-38!

Flopsy posted:

Having ten sinistea chips and no means to turn them into armor is a unique pain.

Just go north of the electric gym town and follow the main path till you hit another town. There's a guy in the middle of it basically screaming "COME GET YOUR EVO ITEMS"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Flopsy posted:

I'm playing scarlet though. Will he accept those?

You bring him bronzor bits in scarlet, same location.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Its not trying to Ape the cheering crowds of SwSh its just a vocal line added to give it an extra layer to make the final stretch feel more climactic. It's way more cheerful and playful than the attempted sports chant.of SwSh which makes sense because every gym fight is framed as a much more personal and fun fight thank to the addition cut in dialogue and the gyms gimmicks like the people watching Tyme perform and boosting you or her or the crowd coming in to try and cheer Larry up and make him get.more into. It's more "This is us having real fun" tonally than swsh."this is getting serious" chanting.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I found a shiny Glimmet!

Did you know GLimmet learns self-destruct naturally?

I do!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

wondering if gamefreak realized just how busted Torch Song would be when they designed skeledirge. A STAB, 80 power, 100 accuracy fire move that raises special attack every turn and stacks with throat spray? Did they want this thing to become an unstoppable monster??

All 3 of the starter signature moves are stupid good.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

lmao no. this outsold GOW:Ragnarok by double and that was the ps5's best seller. They're very aware they can just release whatever and people will buy it based on brand recognition alone

That's not that impressive, you still can't loving buy that console in some places.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Eimi posted:

Penny is the most trans coded I've ever seen a character be down to having Sylveon as her ace. Also just like SuMo, if you play a girl you make Nemona really gay too.

Her quote when she Terastallizes ends with "Shine like a star and become who you always wanted to be!"

ONE OF US!
ONE OF US!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

big black turnout posted:

Okay yeah I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this

I was already feeling it from her design and some of her lines but when she sends out Sylveon shouting "BECOME WHO YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO BE!" I took about 5 screenshots and spammed them on my twitter.

We got girl goku, we got fancy sad lad, we got trans eevee coder and you, the true freak. What a party.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

It's really weird to see people assigning sexualities to literal children characters.

Is this in response to people say Penny is trans because....that's not a sexuality but also there are trans kids. And gay kids actually. Like what's your loving point.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Flopsy posted:

Holy poo poo are catch rates with beast ball really bad. I'm playing it extremely safe this time around but even low level little pokemon tear through it like tissue paper.

Their gimmick is that they're super good against ultra beasts and utter dogshit with anything else, so yeah.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

perhaps if they made them less rare people wouldnt feel the urge to do so
as it is, a 1% drop rate from a once-a-day bossfight (because good luck joining them online reliably) for something that a good chunk of pokemon need to perform "correctly" is, in fact, poor game design, i think.

also ive made my opinions on apricorn ball exclusivity very clear

I think it's in the best interest of the game's long term viability to give players who are good/have strong pokes a reason to match into 5/6 star raids with players who need to be carried IMO.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ROFL Octopus posted:

Given the fact that Unova at least in BW1 doesn’t have old Pokemon until the postgame, there wouldn’t be any Fairy types. Maybe you’d have a few able to learn Play Rough or Dazzling Gleam but there’s nothing to no-sell Draco Meteors.

Whimsicott

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Vandar posted:

The main reason they don't include a Battle Frontier anymore is because the Battle Frontier fuckin' sucks. Most of the facilities are absolutely horrible and playing through them to try and get what rewards they have is an absolute fuckin' slog.

Stupid.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Larryb posted:

Looking it up apparently it lets you refight the Team Star bosses only with stronger Pokémon and you get LP for winning

I'm gonna be honest here, like 60% of your posts in this thread are asking questions that it would be just faster to check in game yourself or going to serebii and clicking the 2 links it'd take to get the answer. It's just a weird gimmick

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

What’s the point of having a thread to post into the void when you can ask a very informed group of people a question without having to suplex Google to get the same result and not interact with people or get other opinions

They not asking for opinions most of the time and the example I quoted literally had them get an answer faster just looking it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

People keep saying this but I don't think that's what is going on. I actually ability capsuled my azumarill to thick fat, went into a 4* ground polteageist raid solo, and used liquidation. This was its HP bar:

Then I quit out of the raid and went back to huge power, went into the raid and did the exact same thing:

The hp bar did not bounce back at any point and it really was that low, killed it next turn with aqua jet just to be sure. Did the same thing with play rough to a 5* dark dragalge, but this time the HP bar started to lie and bounce around. I then went to thick fat and the hp bar was acting normal.

So it seems like the actual issue is some interaction between huge power and play rough not working properly together, while other moves seem to work fine.

The raid monsters have a move that turns off abilities and resets stat boosts and I legit think people are dumb and not reading that pop up and conflating poo poo because I've been carried by other players using BD Azumarill in a lot of 5-6 star raids.