Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

piano chimp posted:

My favourite posh-ish whisky is Bunnahabhain 12 which is distinctly not peaty. Great gift material for the rosy-cheeked booze enjoyers in your life.

This was my Christmas whiskey gift to myself last year and it was very nice but I moved the bottle when we reorganised the kitchen at some point and only recently rediscovered it, so I get to enjoy it twice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Reminds me of a saying whose origin I don't know: "Imagine the thickest person you know. Most people are thicker than that."

Is it not "Think how thick the average person is. 50% of people are thicker than that."

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The Saj won't be standing at the next election.

Apparently the deadline for deciding one way or the other is Monday so we might see a few more fun announcements on this line over the weekend.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Rarity posted:

No one's torrented since the 00s, it's all just illegal streams based in Lithuania now

Fired up uTorrent recently for something I couldn't find elsewhere and apparently these days you can watch stuff while you're still downloading it, it owns.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Microplastics posted:

I can confirm that when I accidentally heard that the numbers coming out of the ball performance were the wrong numbers, I nearly spilled my extra vegan double soy latte with my own cum in it

Wrong sort of ball performance

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

As a comparative latecomer to this thread, why is he called Keith?

Autocorrect originally and then it became apparent that it really winds up Sensible Grown-Up Politics People so obviously it's being run into the ground.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Feels like "flat bottomed" was right there, but still :golfclap:

Flat bottomed grills

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/CreldBrumple/status/1599835318114394113?t=JPqJjPch5Zy_Uov1-ZYzJQ&s=19

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Those aren't Manx cats...

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

That reminds me of something else that's been baffling me lately. It seems mad how much people gamble. If I'm in the queue at the kiosk in a supermarket more often than not there's someone in front of me just spending like, 15 quid or more on scratchcards and lottery tickets. And it's just crazy. Surely if you spend that much you must see that you keep losing it. I get that gambling addiction is a thing but that's a significant amount of money. loving garbage society that has people that desperate to get out of it that it has them spending money that would actually make a difference on a hopeless bid to get out of it.

Makes me think of all those scumbag labour MPs in bed with the gambling lobbyists. Not enough rope in the world to right the misery they bring.

Guy in front of me won 61 quid yesterday, not bad.

But yeah it's symptomatic of desperation (maybe not on an individual level, but societal) and absolutely stinks.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

you could buy yourself two lots of fish and chips for £15

Where's this?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Hope Morocco or Portugal win so that the map of winners can grow while still all sharing a land border.

This confused me until I remembered French Guiana is inexplicable still an actual part of France.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

blunt posted:

Clearly you don't remember the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony please don't mention the staffing shortages or needing to bring the military in to actually run the games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqM0Ube0oLs

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Lovely card

https://twitter.com/ScotGovFM/status/1602266391138148361?s=20&t=lqs7I44WDc02lJogY-OMtA

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Diet Crack posted:

"I booked a return ticket for today. I assumed they would only sell this ticket if I could actually get back to where I need to go. I come here today and I go to the platform and I look around and there’s no train. The train was scheduled for platform 5 but, with 10 minutes to go, there was still no train."

BUT THERES NOT A TRAIN, JEREMYYY CWURMTOORRRBBYYYNNN

Welcome to absent train world, Winston.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

learnincurve posted:

Starmer was absolutely brilliant at the delaying implementing brexit stuff, it's the one thing we can say he did well at and it's how he got to be labour leader in the first place. We can say now that's he's a damp teabag but at the time he spent hours and hours fending off the worst of the tory ERG lunatics. I t could be argued that anyone else who was in his position arguing against the screeching sounds coming out of Leadsom's horrific jackets would have ended up leader instead.

Sort of, but a) it happened anyway and b) all the delaying absolutely tanked Labour's chances of winning the 2019 election so overall it was a load of bollocks.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

It's her 70th birthday, apparently.

https://twitter.com/WarmongerHodges/status/1603539974929924097?s=20&t=08vsgwWAMek7JZ5DuK-L0w

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Microplastics posted:

Lol this just reminded me of when Ober became a manager and started asking the thread about how to be poo poo to his underlings at the castle

Whatever happened to that guy?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Standard loadout is SA, another forum, email, twitter, facebook, whatsapp. Then whatever else I'm doing on top of that, but they always get closed down after I'm done with whatever it was and go back to the basics. If I can't read what the tabs are I have too many.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

blunt posted:

In what context would you ever need to tell someone they are cis?

When you want to make their gammon heads explode

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Power just went out. Thanks, Brexit.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Nothingtoseehere posted:

No. There was a single study out of Hong Kong Feb 2020 saying they could find virus RNA on surfaces up to 3 days afterwards, but virus RNA =! Infectious virus. Labs could never get a sample that could infect a petri dish from a surface, let alone actual people. Back when people actually did case tracing, there was basically no cases firmly linked to an infected surface rather than breathing in a infectious persons air. Covid has always been a airborne disease, not a surface contact one - all the hand washing and cleanimg surfaces promoted in the early pandemic by the WHO did nothing against covid (it was very useful against the common cold however)

Bleaching your shopping in the bath is fun though, don't let pesky science stop you.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Extremely Monty Python Holy Grail vibes

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Merry Chris Marx, comrades

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Untitled Goose Game socks in my stocking, off to a strong start.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Biggus Dickus posted:

Jealous already!

Well then I won't tell you about my new shirt

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Had Christmas with my partner's friend and her mum who I gave a lift home to, spent a lovely 15 minutes ranting about how shite things are and how incapable our current political crop are to deal with anything. Tiny militant pensioner comrades best comrades.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Received Lego Star Wars (9-film Skywalker Saga edition) for Christmas and will be working through it with my 7yo over the next however many months (and then going back to 100% it on my own time)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Rarity posted:

When we're boomers we'll be stuck with strategy games and turn based RPGs as the only things we can still play

You say this as if I don't exclusively play mapgames and football manager already.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Jakabite posted:

Man Total Annihilation was (is) a loving amazing game. The music, the robots, the projectile based fighting. Air, land, sea, artillery, missiles, nukes, radar, shield gens, the opening cinematic, THE GROGOTH HNNNNNGGGGG

Never played it but I did have TA:Kingdoms which also slapped. Absolutely lovely manual, too.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Bring back ASBOs but they're that one Black Mirror episode where the public gets to hound people through a weird punishment theme park game show before the crim's mind is wiped every night to start it over again in the morning - Labour Manifesto 2024

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just seems to me that these days, to get any sort of 'honour' whether it's a Lord or Lady or MBE or Nobel peace prize you have to actually be a really terrible person.

Are there any recent examples of people who got an honour for genuinely admirable reasons?

Most of the non-famous people are alright I think.

A local guy to me has just got one for services to clowning. Well deserved. (Also charity stuff.)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The nether zone between Christmas and New Year is a time for making ill-advised decisions, and in that spirit I've just joined the Green Party. Entryism for the low price of £3.33 a month.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Happy New Year, death to all Tories and victory to the Unions in 2023

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Oh dear me posted:

Plurals get a the, but so do eg names starting with adjectives or derived from geographical features, so the Netherlands is really entitled to three.

There's one at the start and one in the middle so they're nearly there

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

My partner's been ill as poo poo for the past few weeks but I'm pretty much unscathed somehow. Slight throat developing in the past day or two though so maybe this is it, just in time to go back to work.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The co-Leader of the Green Party liked my tweet saying Labour could get in the bin lmao

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

My daughter absolutely hated nursery and after a couple of weeks of persevering we just gave up on it for six months or so before sending her to a different place which she liked much more when she was a bit older. Hard to say if it was the place or the olderness that helped more. I appreciate not everyone has the luxury of being able to have one parent at home doing full-time kid rearing poo poo, though.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Reveilled posted:

YouTube, a land of contrasts. Sometimes the PowerPoints are good, sometimes…they’re really really bad.

With great PowerPoint comes great ResponsibilityPoint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Ribena is squash, not juice