Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It turns out that lava court had an unsound foundation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I am confused by why Kanye West needs to open image “ye24.psdc” to display the Raëlist logo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Blending in with the Greek marbles and getting hosed down by some guy on a yacht is one of the least embarrassing things that Musk did this year.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Oh huh it’s Rahm and Ezekiel’s li’l bro.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
For people who make under 60 k, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I can’t wait for the House of Representatives to investigate the dong.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zamujasa posted:

sales of large trucks are reported to be increasing across the south, in a joke that only works if you can infer the three degrees of separation

You don’t even need to involve Hunter for that one.

ED is legitimately on the rise.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Defenestrategy posted:

Questions:
Why does primary order matter?

Why does primary order matter in a year with Dark Brandon being the current reigning and defending WWE champion?

That’s probably why they did it.

This is a shot across Iowa’s bow that gives them till 2028 to get their poo poo together.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

My Spirit Otter posted:

She was only a corporal in the military, so im assuming VAC is gonna come back

Even the military is subject to Valve Anti-Cheat. :dadjoke:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hating London Breed may be the only political view I hold in common with Musk, and for him I’m sure that it’s new today.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facialimpediment posted:

Unfortunately, their vaccination rates are poo poo, with poo poo-tier vaccines. Whole lotta people are gonna die, but probably less than a Delta wave.

Inactivated vaccines are far weaker at preventing infection, especially against pre‐Omicron strains, but efficacy against hospitalization and death are within the error margin of the mRNA shots.

From Hong Kong’s winter wave of BA.2

BNT162b2 is Pfizer’s product, if that wasn’t clear.

Getting shots into arms* remains a problem.

*Or lungs; they’ve approved an inhalable vaccine and expect to have a couple hundred million doses of it next year.

Estimates I’ve seen published for death toll are a million and a half to a little over two million in the first year.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 9, 2022

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Sooner of later they’re going to attack a nuclear plant’s transformers, and boy will they be in for excitement then.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
She’s trying to outdo Ted Cruz in being hated by her colleagues, and it’s just not possible.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

1. Don't run anyone and back Sinema so at least a Republican isn't in office. No guarantee she wins, but it's her best shot at staying in office.

It may be her best shot to keep the seat, but I don’t even know that it’s the Democrats’ best shot to keep a Republican out.

She’s a bad candidate and may well have lost in 2024 in Arizona even if she had a (D) by her name and the full backing of the Democrats.

Now she will for sure not have their full backing, and that’s true even if no candidate carries a (D) on the ballot.

So why try to make Sinema work? Cut your losses and run a real candidate.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i bet i've destroyed more equipment than most seals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7KsXwO6Ymw

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBUDyntqcUY

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The U.S. government wanted him dead, but probably didn’t want him canoed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s not like it’s some huge unknown if Osama bin Laden was alive long after the Abbottabad raid.

If he were not dead, he would have released some proof of life, like a video mentioning current events.

To make a conspiracy out of it, people have to suppose that he was already dead and that the U.S. government confirmed this and decided to take falsely claim credit.

That’s just not a very exciting conspiracy theory, and it’s not like people wouldn’t have come up with other silly theories if the body had been recognizable and not unceremoniously dumped at sea.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Now do a tweet for Xi. :allears:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I expect that Elon will blame the “Ukrainian biolabs”, but I would rather he pick a fight with the Chinese or U.S. governments by naming one or both of the other conspiracy darlings, WIV and Fort Detrick.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I would rather he pick a fight with one of his self-driving cars’ autopilot systems while they’re still in the alpha phase.

Sadly he’d be ineligible for inclusion on this list.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
All they have to do is come up with lasers a hundred times as efficient and also heat engines about twice as efficient

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah he's throwing a hissy fit and littering along the border. He's just dumping a bunch of trash out there so that he can later accuse the democratic party of tearing down the wall he built even though they're not actually forming a wall and people can just walk past them.

Hobbs should issue letters of marque to seize and scrap them.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Musk update: We’re reaching Shkreli levels here.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1602919258450583552

Withdrawing medicine to own the libs.

Or rather, fantasizing about having enough money to do such a thing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m going to laugh so much when people get banned for announcing that celebrities are at book signings or award shows.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facialimpediment posted:

Elmo is just poo poo-tier forum moderator with money.

He’s a worse moderator than this site has ever had, and we’ve had Lowtax and Aatrek.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
New batch of COVID rapid antigen tests is available via USPS now.

Beware that these tests are less reliable post‐Omicron than they once were. A positive test is highly suggestive of infection, but a negative test, especially in the absence of symptoms, doesn’t say much.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Boerbro Starsand

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Twitter may not have mod sass anymore, but it will always have sod mass. :dadjoke:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Hot take: white checkmark > blue checkmark > yellow checkmark

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There’s no mechanism to stop an ineligible person from appearing on ballots and ascending to the office.

The only court in which it can be fought is the court of public opinion.

States could make laws about this, and some were proposed circa 2011 on account of the Notorious Barack Hussein Obama, but AFAICT none took effect.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status/1603183073113563137

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Musk has engineered a really impressive number of simultaneous existential crises for Twitter.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Like we’ve been talking about the shakiness of the website itself, but we’ve also got:

• Musk’s business partners of unknown disposition
  • Depressed advertizer spending
  • Not paying suppliers
  • Budget deficit in the billions per year
  • Pissing off celebrities
  • Pissing off journalists
  • Pissing off Washington
  • Pissing off Brussels
  • Pissing off the Chapelle‐watching public
  • All of the above in a feedback loop with Tesla stock price, which Musk must sell to keep Twitter solvent

Some of these are more serious than others and some of them could be weathered, sure, but the prognosis gets bad when you’re fighting technical and legal battles with a skeleton crew who may not have been paid, in buildings that you may be evicted from tomorrow.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Musk makes them sound way more badass than they actually are.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Nice! posted:

She also started losing her hair and had scurvy from a diet of nothing but buttery noodles.

I dare not post this inline. Click at your own discretion.

It’s a video of Grimes talking about just eating spaghetti for two years, and it is gross on multiple levels.

:nms: gross video :nms:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Tropico’s advisors exist primarily for comic relief and give horrible advice, but following it would be an improvement on what Musk is actually doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tiny Timbs posted:

This may be misleading, it seems likely the companies producing the NFTs are the ones buying them.

https://www.engadget.com/nft-wash-t...175ljF9GSDGKAE0

Trump participating in a pump & dump?

That just doesn’t sound like something that he would do.