Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!
bought and installed but have to wait until after work to play. bullshit.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!
gently caress it im blowing off work (no name) for the rest of the day and playing df

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!
got three necromancers in the first migrant wave. i made one the butcher/tanner, so every time he slaughters a sheep or yak or whatever and skins it, he reanimates the skin, hair, etc. ive got a bunch of skins undulating around freaking everyone out 10/10

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A butcher, a tanner and a necromancer walk into a tavern. The barkeep says, "Table for one?"

lol

im not sure what to do with the other two yet, so one is scratching graffiti into everything about the time she wrote a pamphlet about parakeets. the third one i have trapped in a tiny office underground counting poo poo

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!
tensions continue to rise

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!

lmfao

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!
doing a bit of reaping, being besieged by these

one necromancer hosed up at work and has become permanently depressed. she's trying to starve herself to death, but she's already transcended death. she mopes around and bums people out 24/7.

the other two spend every hour of the day and night in church. one has been there for over a year

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!

That Little Demon posted:

okay gently caress this game. uninstalling. hope the two brothers who suck each other off enjoy their 100 million dollars for this pile of poo poo!

did they get in through those holes in the farm walls

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!

no they walked right in and killed everyone instantly because it was year loving 1

its definitely more aggressive. ive had these night butchers show up with a handful of zombies 3/3 winters, including the first. ive been turtling and am (mostly) self-sufficient but im slowly bleeding population to accidents and tantrums because i can't get replacements

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!

yeah I need to turn down all these encounters because I don't get rolling with military and poo poo until like... year 2 or 3 honestly

i dont either - i usually wont even bother developing a military until i have steel production pretty well underway and that's about the same timeframe. i get by on traps and jank but the civ i rolled can't make wood cages. i dunno if thats elves-only now or what, but its slowed things way down for me. we're just cowering behind the gates for years on end while all these fuckin ostrich cock heads roam outside

i guess ill try bringing a bunch of cheap metal next time or glass discs or something

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!

insane anime posted:

Fell asleep listening to some Bible stories. I was having a wonderful dream about moving to some tropical island that doesn't exist. I was scoping it out showing my friends and family on google maps street view, and it was kind of funny because it was just a bunch of bikini women. Anyways, this island had a big mountain on it. Keep in mind Dwarf Fortress only been out 1 drat day..I was explaining how I was going to buy some land and live on this mountain when the dream started to morph into dwarf fortress view top down tile bullshit exactly like the game. I started going into the mountain and setting up my place. Just then a poo poo load of dwarf babies and migrants started over flowing my loving fort that just started. I got pissed off at that and rage quit, so I acutally woke up in real life. The youtube video had autoplayed to KJV translation of the entire book of Genesis. It was no poo poo on Genesis 5 where the birth lines come in. The So and So beget this person, he lived this long, etc. So my brain was listening to

...Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:

8 And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.

9 And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan:..etc

and just processed it as dwarf names I guess because it honestly reads like in game DF text lmfao

Uncle Frank posted:

(Not knowing what else to say) lol

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!
breathing toxic cave gas all day and then moseying upstairs to balance the books

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!

Arch Nemesis posted:

Casting my line, feeling an intense killing intent emanating from the nearby squirrels as my lure splashes at what seems like 100 decibels against the backdrop of the suddenly-silent woods

elf help book posted:

they have a special category for nintendo while everyone else fights over the "mature" categories

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!
keybinds have changed, im afraid. several forts later and im still pressing "j" for the job manager and getting pissed off when it brings up the justice tab

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!

Fungah! posted:

that souns insanely comfy

it very much is, one of my all-time favs

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!

Sub-Actuality posted:

I will begin knitting loincloths of war at once

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!
if the rescue rangers were hunter-gatherers running around underground

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!

insane anime posted:

Fondlesack is a glazer lmfao

lmfao

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!

Jenny Agutter posted:

That sounds badass Major, can’t wait for the screenshots

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 80 days!
i go crazy on fort defense. i use a ton of drawbridges, setting up long locks with bridges at both ends and traps (cages and giant serrated green glass discs) throughout, all immediately behind a bridge-secured trade area (relative to the main entrance). bridges to secure the cavern entrances, bridges to secure the long, circuitous stone and trash weapon trap paths i run to the surface from the caverns to give invaders something to do. i usually set up a control room on the dining and leisure level for all the levers so as to easily reach it while burrowed with my general invasion alarm. i always have a ton of dogs and cats so i'll usually stake some around the entrances as an early warning system. then more bridges to secure cavern entrances and so forth

i typically run small-to mid population forts, though, so i cant spare a ton of labor for the military. if you're just letting in whoever, human wave attacks of melee with archers stationed in murder holes will usually get the job done as long as you keep the shock troops away from the main fort population day-to-day.

----------------