Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Maybe learn mandarin. Take up watercolors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

mega dy posted:

Maybe learn mandarin. Take up watercolors.

finally learn how to play great-uncle zeke's old clarinet?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
You're pretty close to getting voted off love station. Wouldn't you just tell us what your super secret power is?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

You're pretty close to getting voted off love station. Wouldn't you just tell us what your super secret power is?
I can give players a concoction which repels hive slugs for the night. They become untargetable by scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Well if it's a one shot and everyone agrees to not use any powers tomorrow, I can dupe that

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

Well if it's a one shot and everyone agrees to not use any powers tomorrow, I can dupe that
That’s beautifully naive.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I either dupe your power or dupe a scum power. Haven't everyone claimed to use their JOATs already?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tired Moritz posted:

I either dupe your power or dupe a scum power. Haven't everyone claimed to use their JOATs already?

I don’t have easy access to the spreadsheet because my power blew, but I think Illu and Voodoo still have theirs

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Okay, ##vote IA I think they ended up roleswapping their scum buds and just used GW and Salad as an shield. I don't know about you but every action PM told me what exact action I did + explanation for the more confusing skills + result like Gunsmith and Roleswap so the fact that GW and Salad didn't get pinged feels really weird.

They themselves said they got informed that they got roleswapped so I don't see how GW and Salad didn't get informed unless this is mod error.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

mega dy posted:

That’s beautifully naive.

Why aren’t you voting anyone?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Assuming dy is saying the truth and scum can't kill and action at the same time. I target dy/dy target me, scum night kill, scum poison, I can't copy killing skills. If everyone agree to not use any remaining night powers, it's a guaranteed confirmation assuming you guys believe me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Of course, scum could still have
1) a roleblock
2) a redirector
3) Sandwolf's passive
4) juggernaut

But that means they have to waste their powers on us tonight

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Voodoofly posted:

Why aren’t you voting anyone?
I have a lot going on right now and I don’t really have time to even figure out who I want to vote for.

I hear other people besides me are looking really scummy lately though, I recommend that vote.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Tired Moritz posted:

Okay, ##vote IA I think they ended up roleswapping their scum buds and just used GW and Salad as an shield. I don't know about you but every action PM told me what exact action I did + explanation for the more confusing skills + result like Gunsmith and Roleswap so the fact that GW and Salad didn't get pinged feels really weird.

They themselves said they got informed that they got roleswapped so I don't see how GW and Salad didn't get informed unless this is mod error.

I mean did your other swap targets get pinged. You're the one who used the move on me right? and you said I was cleared. I mean, I haven't had any night actions all game except for the one you thrust on me so forgive me if I don't understand what you're talking about in the slightest.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Assuming dy is saying the truth and scum can't kill and action at the same time. I target dy/dy target me, scum night kill, scum poison, I can't copy killing skills. If everyone agree to not use any remaining night powers, it's a guaranteed confirmation assuming you guys believe me.

Voodoo still has something left and more importantly Circl still has his recharge that hasnt helped anyone yet and I dont support a plan that would have him skipping a use

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Tired Moritz posted:

temporarily unless this game is just hosed up. from my message, two people switch roles but their target is the same. since I copy abilities from the same night, there's four people that had their abilities switched around. I know my targets but I want people to post first.

Tired Moritz posted:

What? I made it clear what my abilities are

1) I target one person
2) I copy one ability that is also being used at the same night
3) it's random
4) no killing abilities
5) if abilities rquires two targets, the second is random (new info, irrelevant since my last two random copycat abilities were single target).

Results
N1: Hal gunsmith negative
N2: Illu cop negative
N3: roleswap on two targets

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh. Mmmm I think I get what happened

Tired Moritz posted:

My PM specifically said that if they had no targets, their targets are random. Just gonna wait for the second person to claim. So I know who is the OG roleswapper and they can verify if IA was actually vanilla.

Tired Moritz posted:

I mean... there's two people here (me included) that can confirm IA so weird vote to rest on

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeah Toal was the role driver so

Tired Moritz posted:

Fyi if anyone needs a clarification of my night actions
N1: Hal negative gunsmith
N2: Illu inno cop
N3: roleswap target on Toalpaz. Random 2nd target is IA. IA claimed to roleswap Salad and GW.

Tired Moritz posted:

Anarc and IA is probably clear too

Tired Moritz posted:

Toal kept pushing them? They were pretty clear to keep pushing "scummier" people to get a clean win so I don't think there was any bussing attempt in their plans.
I assume toal pushing me happened in the masonry I wasn't apart of?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Idle Amalgam posted:

I mean did your other swap targets get pinged. You're the one who used the move on me right? and you said I was cleared. I mean, I haven't had any night actions all game except for the one you thrust on me so forgive me if I don't understand what you're talking about in the slightest.

1) I got told what power I used + targets
2) you got told what power you used + targets
3) GW and Salad didn't get told what powers they used + targets??

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Illusionis posted:

I suspect GW and Salad didnt get any notice on the swap because Salad's retarget made it only target GW with herself

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
If the roleswap had actually worked on them Salad should have ended up with the gun.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
So toal swapped me and TM did something to toal?

I don't know, I won't pretend to, all I know is I got a message that said(paraphrased and edited to avoid mod wrath):
Your Vanilla Role has changed to A Non-Vanilla Roleswapper (choose two, the actions they take are swapped, but their intended targets remain the same. If they didn't select, or did not have, any targets then your targets are chosen at random.) You targeted GW and Salad, and it was successful.

Like much of life itself, I literally had no say or part in it.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Illusionis posted:

If the roleswap had actually worked on them Salad should have ended up with the gun.

who was giving out guns?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Jesus atleast read the drat thread IA, GW gave out the vig and got it bounced back to herself by Salad.

TM swapped you and Toal

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Illusionis posted:

Jesus atleast read the drat thread IA, GW gave out the vig and got it bounced back to herself by Salad.

TM swapped you and Toal

So, what's the problem then? Also jesus read the drat thread yourself, nitwit. If I want to ask a god drat question I'll do it and not give a poo poo about what you or anyone else thinks about said question.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Idk seems weird
On the other hand, Toal in the masonry was very "ooh I won't use my third power because it doesn't effect anyone which we now know is a lie." Like dy.

Toal said they rolecopped Sandwolf N1 to find out they have a cop, voyeur and a follow JOAT. Busdrove Anarc and themselves N2.

They really want to vote off Anarc, like aggressively. So I would not vote off Anarc and Illu and GW unless this is some kind of master dupe because Toal has no more JOATs to burn.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

mega dy posted:

I have a lot going on right now and I don’t really have time to even figure out who I want to vote for.

I hear other people besides me are looking really scummy lately though, I recommend that vote.

I mean, if you're really the town botanist you claim to be, the clear cut move here would be to vote me. That's blindingly obvious if you're town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Idle Amalgam posted:

I mean, if you're really the town botanist you claim to be, the clear cut move here would be to vote me. That's blindingly obvious if you're town.

This is probably the biggest thing against dy

He really hasn’t tried to look for scum at all since this went down.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'm asking another question... *hands held in the air apprehensively* ...hope I don't offend anyone.

Is this the correct order of events?:
GW gives a gun to Salad
TM swapped toal and I.

Toal had:

quote:

1 x Roleswap: The very minds of your targets can be swapped, all be it temporarily, with the correct chemical stimulation. Choose 2 targets. If they performed an action that night their actions, but not their targets will be swapped. If they originally had no target a random one will be chosen. Your targets will be informed what their action was changed to.

Which is what looks like what happened to me. I was informed what my action was changed to.

Don't know how verbatim that is for TM, but something is up there, or I'm too stupid to understand. Did Toal also swap me. It makes sense to me I think if...

Salad had no action at all. It'd be like GW just gave the gun to her self and salad did nothing. Why would you need notifications in that case, but then again, I don't know. My action as communicated to me by the mod DID NOT mention my targets being informed. That was only Toal's swap?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
This is why night action mafia is trash. I agree with Hal's assessment of dy here. I know he's busy and had some flight delays, probably has a whole bunch of other stuff going on, BUUUTTTT I counter claim his flavor and he fizzles out completely, does not offer up read or alternatives, does not vote his counter-claim.

It's odd.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Idle Amalgam posted:

I'm asking another question... *hands held in the air apprehensively* ...hope I don't offend anyone.

Is this the correct order of events?:
GW gives a gun to Salad
TM swapped toal and I.

Toal had:

Which is what looks like what happened to me. I was informed what my action was changed to.

Don't know how verbatim that is for TM, but something is up there, or I'm too stupid to understand. Did Toal also swap me. It makes sense to me I think if...

Salad had no action at all. It'd be like GW just gave the gun to her self and salad did nothing. Why would you need notifications in that case, but then again, I don't know. My action as communicated to me by the mod DID NOT mention my targets being informed. That was only Toal's swap?

Yeah the roleswap slides onto GW from me before it resolves, is I think what the issue is, which is why I didn't get notification that my role had been swapped - it never technically was. So GW got her own role swapped with herself. I guess it would make sense that she wouldn't get informed because her role was never changed.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Here's the thing. I think there's a reasonable scum motivation behind dy's behavior, AND behind IA's behavior. I'd be okay with lunching either of them at this point. But I want to do dy first, because I would rather have a PR-claimed scum lunched over a vanilla-claimed scum.

(Plus if dy is the poisoner getting them out of the way would be extremely useful for town)

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Illusionis posted:

TM swapped you and Toal

I'm sorry I was rude. It was uncalled for. I've been up since 4 because of weather-related power issues, and I braved stores to do the last of my holiday shopping after I realized I couldn't sleep any longer. So I'm sorry for lashing out at you for your perfectly reasonable request. Please forgive me this transgression. It was very NOT holiday cool of me.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Yeah I'm sorry too, that was a rude way to put things and totally unnecessary. I'm frazzeld running around trying to get christmas prep done for the day and that stress bled into mafia needlessly.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
My understanding of the night actions with you Toal and TM is:

1. Toal targets somebody unknow with her roleswap. We dont know who, presumably this doesnt actually happen due to Moritz ability resolving first.

2. Moritz copycat gets roleswapper for the night, targets Toal, randoms IA for the second target.

3. IA gets roleswapper and auto-uses it randoming GW and Salad as targets.

4. Toal does IA's action (claimed as nothing)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote ia

Yeah after rereading I think they're scummier than dy has been. Obvs if ia flips town we lunch dy tmrw

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
##unvote

I'll be around to hammer whenever but it looks like people aren't sure enough about dy yet so I'd rather not leave him at -1. Will go for IA if necessary.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m actually inclined to vote dy here. IA is acting more towny under pressure. I’m really thrown.

By the way, in case I die tonight, the ability Illusionis used last night was a “bodyguard,” so I feel p certain he’s town.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Town dy has a vote down and is attacking someone at this point

probably calling me stupid too. I miss being called stupid by dy

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I can't access the google doc right now on my phone

so, asking for a friend, who still has powers remaining that might be in play tonight?

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Voodoofly posted:

Town dy has a vote down and is attacking someone at this point

probably calling me stupid too. I miss being called stupid by dy

A good point tbh, it's hard to imagine a townie getting to -1 and not putting a vote down and casing hard out of self-preservation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Voodoofly posted:

I can't access the google doc right now on my phone

so, asking for a friend, who still has powers remaining that might be in play tonight?

Illu, dy, and you