Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

docbeard posted:

didn't calculate

vyelkin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you get one of these wheen youre a mod

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

mkae spr a mod and confine her to the culture warriors thread

oh nononono

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

some plague rats posted:

yes i would be honored

congratudolences to cspam's newest mod

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

give everyone who posts in ersatz Glennthreads buttons within those threads

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
What?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

quote:

er·satz
/ˈerˌsäts,ˈerˌzats/
adjective
(of a product) made or used as a substitute, typically an inferior one, for something else.
"ersatz coffee"

NeatHeteroPrude
Dec 16, 2022
Just to clarify, I was quoting a FYAD superstar to point out how dumb using different sets of moderation standards for different forums is when I earned that ban. I would discuss further, but well:

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I'm just not super invested into discussing this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Make spr mod, free larry, free sexpig, and forum ban AiT so he is finally happy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NeatHeteroPrude posted:

Just to clarify, I was quoting a FYAD superstar to point out how dumb using different sets of moderation standards for different forums is when I earned that ban. I would discuss further, but well:

How much have you spent on new accounts so far

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

spending 30 dollars to argue with the mods

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Crusty Nutsack posted:

your dumb forum wars brain is so strong

thank you

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lobster shirt posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dixon Chisholm posted:

personally, it's worse that he bragged about waiting for a 17yo to turn legal to have sex with her while he was in his 30s

and he still posts about sex stuff

lol, as it was told to me, they did indeed drive across like 3 states only to have their money taken and ghosted. that sounds too good/funny to be true tho but i'll believe it

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

lobster shirt posted:

thats just his morning coffee.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

Who is it?

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

please autoprobate/word filter "containment zone". the world's most baby brained posters and mods are overusing it.

awaiting my incoming ironic probe in 3...2...1

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Unoriginal name would be my guess.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

containment zone is a good technical term that any poster intuitively understands

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

Homeless Friend posted:

lol, as it was told to me, they did indeed drive across like 3 states only to have their money taken and ghosted. that sounds too good/funny to be true tho but i'll believe it

lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Dustcat posted:

containment zone is a good technical term that any poster intuitively understands

It's a made up word for forums posters that doesn't actually work. No poster is contained by a specific thread or subforum that merely exists. These aren't cardboard boxes with the word "TORMP" written on it propped up by a stick tied to a rope leading to some snickering bushes.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Dustcat posted:

like i said

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

KirbyKhan posted:

It's a made up word for forums posters that doesn't actually work. No poster is contained by a specific thread or subforum that merely exists. These aren't cardboard boxes with the word "TORMP" written on it propped up by a stick tied to a rope leading to some snickering bushes.

the sense of the phrase is that when you delete a containment zone, every poster in it spreads out to other threads and forums to do their posting

nobody thinks that posters in there can only post in there, the whole point is that they want to only post in there

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

yeah once again i have underestimated the ability of posters to find lived experiences different from mine

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dustcat posted:

the sense of the phrase is that when you delete a containment zone, every poster in it spreads out to other threads and forums to do their posting

nobody thinks that posters in there can only post in there, the whole point is that they want to only post in there

Why is that a bad thing? It seems really weird to confine yourself to 1 thread let alone only 1 subforum. If someone can't behave or is being super weird they'll probably be probed.

Also this sounds like a dig towards the Brie/Glenn/Tracey threads. Most of the people who were posting in those threads also posted outside of those threads.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
containtment threads dont work and have never worked if a thread is bad gas it dont let it fester lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

CSPAM owes its existence to the myth of the containment zone and is thus the greatest repudiation of that myth.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

docbeard posted:

CSPAM owes its existence to the myth of the containment zone and is thus the greatest repudiation of that myth.

much to consider...

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBakO1QPvi8

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

docbeard posted:

we contained ourselves here

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I’m not trapped in here with CSPAM. CSPAM is trapped in here with me!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

No, she misused her powers as IK of a PYF thread to moderate a post I made in the Glenn thread. Not your jurisdiction rear end in a top hat!

lol herstory lost his star for doing the same thing but to stop a poster genuinely melting down so it's funny that if you do the same thing for a bad reason you get to keep the star

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

500 good dogs posted:

lol herstory lost his star for doing the same thing but to stop a poster genuinely melting down so it's funny that if you do the same thing for a bad reason you get to keep the star

Lol

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

500 good dogs posted:

Nah I probed him for dragging immensely gay cspam drama into PYF and sending me malding PMs

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

some plague rats posted:

Nah I probed him for dragging immensely gay cspam drama into PYF and sending me malding PMs

ban him

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

got declined :(

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

some plague rats posted:

post the pms