Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

ah, that new-thread smell...

I AM GRANDO posted:

Is foob over, or is Lynn still pumping out new strips set in the timeless nowhere you’d see if it was in reruns?

it's over, but for some reason they've been editing some of the dates and pop-culture references in the repeats to be more modern. i have no idea who they are doing this for, or why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

This sounds uh pretty existentially horrifying? Am I supposed to think it's funny?

first time accidentally reading a holbrook? :v:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

you wouldn't download a husband...

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

marvel should bring back newspaper spider man dang it

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Zereth posted:

... What is that thing and why is Nekonaughey so disappointed about it?

it's a little bottle of sauce, presumably for the rice, that he discovered after eating all of the rice :smith:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

oh no i suppose he will just have to eat it, what a tragedy, couldn't be helped :shobon:

(what's the difference between "plain" and "vanilla"...?)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

we really don't say enough about how much legend of bill sucks

that involves acknowledging it, which is really more than legend of bill deserves

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

oh gently caress off

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

comic strips 2023: the hot dogs were very e.coli

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

what the heck is wrong with its head

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

curtadams posted:

Actually Johannesburg is #8. I would have guessed Lagos, but it's Cairo. Seems Billingsley would mention that somehow.

the teacher specified South Africa :eng101:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

ah, the AliExpress experience

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Gnoman posted:

I don't get the punchline in that second Archie strip.

Was he passing off a rental car as his own? Is he getting a rental so that people don't drive his?

i think the joke is that since literally everyone wants to use "his" new car, he's putting a rental sign on it

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

drat, that's a fine elephant

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

haha holy poo poo

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

this is the realest Creeps

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I'm glad the colorist seems to care about Luann the appropriate amount, too

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Not creepy at all, Stell. :stare:

haven't they only been on like two dates? ever?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

Jesus Christ just put her in a home. If ever there was a person qualified for ättestupa here's one.

there's nothing wrong with her except that she's tremendously abrasive and miserable to be around. also that stuff is nightmarishly expensive

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

has the person writing Mary Worth ever owned a cat in their entire life??? or known someone who has?! this is unhinged

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

i would watch the ever loving heck out of a q-rais wizard of oz

like an animated one i mean, monya the grey was so good

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth is the only one who didn't see this coming.

even done with the absolute best intentions, this was a terrible thing to do without asking. i'd be freaking out too

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I like sally forth for the exact reasons you hate it, more or less

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

when is the last time this strip was about rex morgan being an MD?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

who could have any idea why none of Ed's family want to spend any time with him? gosh, what a mystery

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Weembles posted:

When did the vet get an eye patch?

a couple strips back, they mentioned he got got by an angry cat. this is his villain origin story

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (May 4, 1976)

dang, and she'll never have that recipe again

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Dick Tracy

which pride flag is that?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

and the cat was never seen again

(seriously, if you're gonna take your cat outside you better harness train it.)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

amigolupus posted:

So I guess that's it, then? We don't get any resolution for Grandma Forth acting like an rear end in a top hat or how Sally being so non-confrontational made things worse. Just one strip having her play being a victim in that mess and another strip going back to the status quo of her being critical of everything.

Maybe they'd come back to it after this part with Hil's friend, but it was still an unsatisfying end.

this is extremely common in soap-opera style pacing. long-form dramas pivot from plot point to plot point without fully resolving them, it doesn't mean they're "done" with that storyline by any means, just that they want to focus on a different character for a while for now

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

...big... bonkers...?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

why the hell would you tell him this, do you want to break his shriveled old man heart even more or something?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

That goofy profile of Curtis saying "odd insignia..." is killing me.

his hat has gone fully vertical

curtis has some pretty fun art when billingsley does the work!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

the strip ostensibly about a medical doctor using the phrase "made it through Covid" like people aren't still getting sick with it and dying every day

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Wikipedia says it's set in DC?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

i uh, really hope this isn't implying what it looks like it's implying

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

are the tags user-defined? even more lol if so

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

amigolupus posted:

Didn't they spend loads of time finding the perfect vacation spot? This doesn't look like they got in a quirky mishap, it just makes the Forths look like idiots.

no, they hurriedly booked a vacation way too late and at too high a price after finding out about Ted's mom giving them some money, because one of Hil's friends suggested it was a good idea to do

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

catlord posted:

I'm pretty sure in the blurb about the comic when it started that the kid talking to animals was going to be the main thing, so I was also assuming that the renovation would be wrapping up after that ability was established. Maybe the primary setting is going to be this uncle's house? Or maybe I'm just hoping the comic finds it's groove, like Tinkersons.

the name of the comic is literally "home free", as in, they don't have a home. i don't think they're going to change the thing they titled the strip after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

y'know, none of them actually know that the dog was a captive of anyone. they just kinda found her running around outside, anything could've happened from their POV!