Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
No, no that is very loving much not common. What the gently caress Nancy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

How drat long has this "Gonna sell the van, mmyep, any day now" poo poo dragged on for

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Is it too early to start praying for Crankshaft to be cancelled too? That way Batiuk can just gently caress all the way off.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Are we going to get Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Baseball Edition
Because I'd be all for that

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I dunno, but for some reason analog clocks didn't click for me as a kid until i saw one with roman numerals on it :shrug: couldn't begin to tell you why *that* made all the difference. I still prefer digital clocks

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

By loving christ if they drag this thing out this long only to keep that loving van... :argh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

Powered Descent posted:

I feel this one. It hurt to let go of my first car, even though it was irreparably broken.
I bet you didn't drag it out for what feels like a year like Zits has, though. Either keep the loving van or get rid of it! I don't care anymore! Just move the gently caress on!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The serpent would be Gonzo, clearly.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

edit: Val, I love you man, but sometimes I think you need to let one rear end in a top hat who kidnaps your son/wife live, just so the word spreads that if you gently caress with Val's family, you will die tired or in a hole.
If they aren't smart enough to connect the dots of "literally everyone who has tried to gently caress with his family has failed", they're not smart enough to heed the warnings of the proverbial last survivor. "Y'all were stupid; my plan, to catch him in a tiny net, will work for sure!"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:tizzy:
God drat you, Zits.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Just explode the dustinverse like an errant Marvel universe and get it over with. Jesus loving christ.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"I am suing the mothergently caress out of them, so I must quit, because soon they will no longer exist."
Also gently caress all the way off, Helen.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

davidspackage posted:

Oh, Jesus. I didn't understand yesterday's comic at all until this one. Has Maggie's sister been seen before? Good thing there's a perfectly eager replacement around, Planck!

If they keep up with this whole thing trying to pin the blame on Maggie for not waiting, not hearing a single goddamn word from him for 2 whole years, when HE'S the one who said he'd be back in a few months... :argh: Either keep your promised schedule or accept the consequences!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball
"We're just gonna keep laying the blame on my sister. Disregard completely the fact she had every right to think you were loving dead after two years without a word."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

Rudy stinks at tracking? Since when? Wasn't he a star player on the hunting team? How do you hunt without being able to track?
He's team co-Captain, aka he just helps them figure out the plan, the team does the actual hunting. He's poo poo at scent tracking but he's good at explaining things to other people.
It's basically the in-universe equivalent of dyslexia. Don't think too hard about it.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 22, 2023

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Hippocrass posted:

gently caress you Ed
Ngl I'm kind of with Ed on this. People who take for-loving-ever to get back to you on anything, but expect you to respond to them immediately, are the worst and should have their phones explode.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Because every single one of them is a miserable rear end in a top hat trying to grind down everyone elses will to live. I agree with the *spirit* of the idea, not the *letter*.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Hippocrass posted:

But Meg has never, to my knowledge, been portrayed as demanding immediate response. And also Ed should just loving talk to his daughter in person.

The Dustin family should do a *lot* of things. First and foremost, they should seek therapy, and a whole lot of it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Giant Ethicist posted:

The Antique Dealer’s Tale: a couple pages ‘cause it’s an action-heavy translation break

-

Hell yeah, it's time for giant robots and probably tragedy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tOQC5R3MK4

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The more Savarna is revealed to be dangerously unstable the less I see the appeal. Remind me why you were so insistent on rescuing her, again, Ghost?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"The new car doesn't actively endanger my life and the lives of other people around it."
"-nostalgic sobbing-"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Alhazred in the last thread posted:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 29, 2023

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Hippocrass posted:

Feels like Randy is directly addressing critics here.
While all the criticism of him is valid, there is also a subset of critics who would complain no matter how well he did. Things change whether we want 'em to or not; he can do better, and hopefully he will, but it will not be like the old Popeye because it's not.
Also tranquilizer blow-darts solve many problems, I think he's on to something.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Kavak posted:

Is no one going to question why the ring is on her middle finger?

Tiggum posted:

Right (wrong) hand, as well.
Shhhh, let them have this.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

And you're assuming Savarna won't just shoot them for not letting her have her way because...?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

There are a lot of them with poison arrows.
And if she had been portrayed as level headed and not a trigger-happy impulsive person, that might actually mean something.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

WHY ARE YOU IDIOTS NOT ESCAPING

Because he's desperately trying to convince himself that this wasn't a bad idea and that he's not an enormous dumbass for not listening to Mozz.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Somewhere in Camelot, Arthur scowls. "Val better not be starting another international incident..."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

CommonShore posted:

I'm ready for this crabgrass story to get to the punchline and move on

It overstayed its welcome about halfway through the glasses.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

So the last few years of Phantom weekly strips are 'Hey maybe I should be thinking about doing the right thing instead of listening to Mozz'? :v
He already hosed up by liberating the dangerously trigger-happy person and letting them have a grenade launcher; best he can do now is clear everyone else out while she burns out.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Huxley posted:

You know what he would definitely remember? Nobody giving him a loving valentine in 2nd grade when he was going through a hard time.

Being a kid can be so hard, man. Jesus. Just be nice and let the world be loving soft for like, a few extra years.

e: I FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT THIS.
As you should, and this is definitely true. My parents made sure my sister and I always had valentine's for everyone in the class. I was both the kid with be emotional issues (the brain damage was still pretty fresh at the time) and the fat kid, go ahead and guess how many I ever got back.
E: Texas public schooling, for the record. :smithcloud:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 10, 2023

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

NVTrainee posted:

Genuine question about that classic Zits strip, could Fedex ship something before Christmas when you order on the 22nd, or is it complete hogwash?
They can barely get it to you these days even with Amazon 2-day shipping.

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

"Hey, uhhhh—you guys are hearing this too, right?"
"Huh. Well, sucks for them! Come, Hairtrigger McShooty, let us away from this place!"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXE8LdXzeHM

Hostile V posted:

Local Child Psyched To Die

This one got a laugh. Coney is inheriting her parents sarcasm well.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

EBB posted:

Now for two years of Val recounting everything to this point Mozz-style

Arn looks up as his sire speaks, perplexed. Val insists such events took place 'thousands of years ago', and a mystical fog billows out of the very air as the words leave his lips...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

This may be the first non-boneheaded thing I've seen adult Arn do in all I've seen of modern Valiant.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

It's almost like... Communication is good, or something...

Also, Holbrook takes over Hagar. Now no one gets to be happy :cawg:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Pancho Jueves posted:

Transforming yourself by choice: frivolous, absolutely forbidden
Transforming others against their will: fine, dandy, the epitome of science

Good Listener posted:

Also I just have to say it, she is in no position to scold people about frivolous DNA magic use.
"The only ethical transformations are *my* transformations."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Medenmath posted:

Prince Valiant

:derp: MAJOR PLOT DEVELOPMENT :derp: It was only a couple months ago I think we were talking about what happened to Arthur.
"Arthur, everyone is mad at me because I let some dude in who burns kids at the stake but-"
"You did WHAT"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Suddenly Arn turning out to be a huge rear end in a top hat as an adult seems less out of left field.