Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

My game of the year is going to be STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl if when it comes out. My hope is because they're allowing pre-orders it's def coming out this year.

Fingers crossed.

yes I already pre-ordered it. give GSC money!!!

The 7th Guest posted:

Darksiders all of it,

So straight up, I love Darksiders as a series but just, just don't play 2. Don't waste your time with it. People agree it's bad but actually it's far worse, actual trash fire tier and not the kind you want to hang around.

1, 3, and Genesis are all amazing, though if you can grab a friend Genesis I highly recommend playing it co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

IMO as a person who has not played it and only outside looking in'd a bit via some youtubers I watch touching it briefly:

Fortnite is a BR bouyed up by being one of the OG f2p BRs with a (fairly) unique gimmick that went on to viscously exploit kids for as much money as they could while building a brand and enough money to start getting mainstream celebrities, franchises and brand names in it to keep boosting itself up even higher.

Unfortunately it did not stop its predatory practices and instead made them even worse, and now Epic is getting rightly clapped by the FTC for horrendously breaking COPPA over its knee.

Maybe Fortnite is actually a decent to good game now but I certainly couldn't play it in good faith.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

bone emulator posted:

if you think about it Resident Evil only makes sense for 1 and 7, since they take place in mansions i.e residences.

Tbf they're titled Biohazard in JP, I've always been curious why that got changed for western release

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I've gotten into the habit of saying "thanks game" or "really game?" sarcastically to things that happen IRL. Even I think it's kinda weird ngl

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Chev posted:

Forgive the impromptu catpost but after 18 years of loyal fluffiness my cat's now chasing balls of yarn in Valhalla. I am sure he'd have had many interesting things to meow about 2023 releases.

Empathetic condolences fellow goon. My cat is currently 19 and going strong thankfully, but I'm still having to lightly prepare myself that I could lose her anytime in the next year or two.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Walla posted:

My childhood cat lived to be 20. She was so thin the last several years we were amazed she lasted that long. It's never easy.

She is thankfully quite healthy overall if a bit loud at times when she wants something.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rarity posted:

Why spend 30 mins mind numbingly watching numbers go up when I could play a JRPG?

Because the dialogue is more engaging than in a JRPG and the gameplay is just as mind numbingly enjoyable. :v:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a little bit funny that there's complaints about the PS5 not having any exclusives, then when a game is exclusive to the PS5, there's complaints about that too

Console exclusives should die imo, but also I get why they exist on not just a marketing level. Porting games sounds like a nightmare, much less the differences in having to develop around multiple potential hardware specs vs just one or two.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ngl as that was loading in I read it as "5 Piss" and I was worried for a moment.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Exclusives are the reason to actually get a console though I get people hating the ones where it's just "we bought a studio".

I think the problem is when there's like literally just one exclusive you want and can't justify a purchase over it. Like there are literally two PS5 exclusives (out of 5) that I have any interest in, ff7 remake 2, and FF16 and that ain't worth 500 smackers

Imo reason to get consoles are so you can play high end games without having to spend $1500+ on a beefy computer. The beefy computer is gonna be better and also more generally useful but yeah they're kinda hecking expensive. $500 in comparison is way more affordable. And of you've already bought a beefy PC, why waste the money on a console that does what you have already but worse?

The only exclusives I really hate though are unsurprisingly all Sony Playstation stuff because those assholes keep poo poo exclusive for multiple years which is ridiculous.

It's like whatever, guess you don't want my money!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

If you had no game consoles and were going to buy just one game console I think the current XBox offering, inclusive of Game Pass, is probably the best value.

Almost anything you can get on Xbox you can get on PC since it's Microsoft owned (which is cool!) so I'd rather just get a PS5 so I could play all those exclusives.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

The theoretical person who has a PC they can game on and no console would probably be better served getting a Switch, at least I know I would. Regardless, great time to be playing video games. There's too dang many of the good ones to play them all anyway.

I am fortunate enough to have a Switch already which I've definitely enjoyed. Feels different though, I consider it more of a handheld console than a traditional personally.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

What a blast from the past, one of my fave GB games. I tricked out Wario's castle

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rarity posted:

All my gaming so far this year is The Last Remnant. It's interesting that there's huge chunks of the map
and tons of sidequests you can completely miss if you only follow the plot.

Did you know that if you play a certain tune on any of the bell puzzles in the jungle you get a movement speed trait?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rarity posted:

I haven't even found a jungle yet

You start in a concrete jungle!!!

Sorry for spoilers. :( There's a lot of stuff in TLR that you might never see if you don't do an obsessive amount of world respawns it's kinda nuts tbh. Have fun finding some of it!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rinkles posted:

The largely forgotten Sunset Overdrive.

Oh man I knew that looked familiar somehow. Fun game overall. Forgot about the leech quest.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The fact 4 player co-op is an entirely separate mode is even more of a bummer.

Been playing Gotham Knights co-op myself and tbh the VAs do a great job and the story is kind of enjoyable so far. The actual character writing feels solidly done so far too, and it's been cool learning about Jason Todd as I'm less familiar with him as a whole.

The Lazarus Pit magic powers are kinda silly though.

edit: the mook and civilian conversation writing has also been pretty great, we've both gotten a laugh out of it a number of times now.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

PantsBandit posted:

Red Hood being needlessly aggro in every single scene is really great. His personality is just "angry".

I mean if I loving died to Joker crowbarring my head in and got brought back to life by jank pool magic I too would be really loving angry at almost everything.

The thing I appreciate most is that despite his anger and lashing out the others clearly care and try to help him through it, and Todd also recognizes that they care and thanks them for it. And it doesn't feel phoned in!

Red Hood is basically self aware enough that the 'big angry buff dude' personality isn't off putting or uninteresting like it can be in a lot of games.

E: also the fact his canonical power is just "gun" is incredibly funny to me. Red Hood just going around shooting mfers with "non-lethal" bullets. Batman and his sidekicks don't kill people, we swear you guys

*punts criminal off the side of a skyscraper after unloading a mag of rubber bullets into their head*

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 20, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The Last Remnant. I honestly don't even remember it's been so long, sucks to here there was some. I actually can't think of the side quest off the top of my head that it could even be...

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rarity posted:

It's the Assistant, you gather a bunch of ingredients for a scientist so he can make a love potion for this hot girl he likes except and you know the rest

Huh, I genuinely don't remember that one. It has in fact been years since I played it though, sucks to hear it had transphobia in it and I didn't even notice/remember.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rarity posted:

Ugh this quest in The Last Remnant gets worse and worse. Now as well harvesting way more of the original materials I've also got to get a third item which drops off a monster. A rare monster which only sometimes spawns in the dungeon. And nothing I've found online will tell me where the actual spawn points are. I've run in and out of the dungeon a dozen times and I still don't even know if I'm looking in the right place :suicide:

After reading this and a quick Google I know realize I conflated two games and I have not actually played the Last Remnant. Do own it though, may play it at some point.

Goon luck on your quests Rarity.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The eye AI is extremely creepy and unsettling. Constant eye contact is really off putting.

E: also the fact as soon as he covered one eye the AI stopped working is pretty lol. Sorry all you one eyed streamers!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Feldegast42 posted:

:yeah:

we gotten so lost in technology that we have to create new inventions just for us to appear human (and then fail miserably at it)

It's also kind of a solved issue. Majority of streamers have their webcam set up so it's a side on shot when they're actually gaming, so when they turn to look at chat they make eye contact. And if the streamer is just having a chat with their chat they still look away occasionally or focus on something else lol.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, like it actually looks kinda sick but this is like out of nowhere lol

This happened for Ghostwire: Tokyo too which was also made by Tangoworks so maybe it's just their thing? Just random games with no connection thematically or gameplay wise that they just suddenly have appear.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, Ghostwire was at least at an E3

Was it? I didn't know, I don't follow E3 at all outside whatever super major announcements people won't stop talking about. TIL

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 26, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Huh, just saw an ad for a Medabots game on mobile. What a weird blast from the past

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

It's 1/27/2023, why isn't the Dead Space Remake fully unlocked!!!

I know I'm going to work for 8 hours first so wouldn't be able to play it anyway but heckin' dang it it's the principle of the matter!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Darksiders 3 is the best souls game.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

homeless snail posted:

drat that really sucks, crimesight actually owned. murder chess where one (or two) players are on the sherlock team and have to determine which character in the mansion is the murderer and who they're trying to kill, while the moriarty player has to discretely arrange for the murder to happen without making their plans too obvious. also sometimes with a fourth player that's ostensibly on the sherlock team but actually helping moriarty

This basically. The Yogscast played it during the 2022 jingle jam and it looked pretty cool. I'm kinda surprised it's just getting shuttered tho, that feels real random. I guess it's an always online game???

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

homeless snail posted:

yeah I got bad vibes when I bought it (less than a year ago I guess lmao), saw an eventual shutdown coming a mile away. it, aggressively lives on konami's servers for no good reason. I don't even think its cross play or anything

It's not p2p??? What the gently caress konami, just lol lmao. It's basically a boardgame in game form, that's so weird.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Question for people playing Dead Space: did you play it the first time around and really liked it and want to revisit or are you playing it as something you missed years ago?

Played OG multiple times across multiple uears when it came out on PC finally. Game was good back then with some rough patches, DSR is amazing in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Jay Rust posted:

Digital preorders are cringe

*Hides STALKER 2 and RE4R preorders*

Yeah really cringe haha