Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Skwirl posted:

Does the entire house vote, or just the majority party? Like, I know it would never happen, but if the Democrats unified and then pulled 5 Republicans could they make their own guy speaker?

Entire house votes and it has to be a majority of total votes, not just a plurality. Theoertically, they could all vote to change the rules to allow a plurality, but that only has happened once in the aftermath of the Whig collapse

While something like that is theoretically possible, I think we're weeks away from that actually happening. I think its much more likely that they compromise around someone like Scalise in a few days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

JPrime posted:

this has real "trump will never win republicans won't nominate him" in 2015 vibes, no offense

It will have to get resolved eventually, the House of Reps literally cant do anything else until they pick a speaker. It might take weeks or months, but eventually, someone will get named speaker

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

BlindSite posted:

Mexico be wildin today

Yeah, the Sinaloa Cartel is really trying to force the Mexican government's hand after they arrested El Chapo's son.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Its Rinaldo posted:

Just make a round about

Probably opposed by lobbyist from local Mercedes and BMW repair shops

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Pron on VHS posted:

Yah it will. I am new to this bar but these are my obs:

- the grips don’t require a lot of grip strength, since you hook your fingers on them. No need for straps or worry about your grip limiting back growth

- the neutral handles fry my lats very hard

- the 22 inch length is just right in that Goldilocks zone

Huh, my gym got those recently and I'll have to try em out. Trying to really get back in the gym more after cutting back since COVID hit

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Pron on VHS posted:

Why are you guys so addicted to Star Wars. How bad does it have to get before you move on

Andor is good, but I've skipped basically everything other than the movies

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Leperflesh posted:

Sorkin has the problem of being successful enough that nobody gets to edit him. He needs a good, harsh editor, basically, someone he can't overrule somehow. Also someone to write some dialogue so it doesn't all sound like Aaron Sorkin Speaking Out of <actor>'s Mouth.

My gf and I have been watching the X-Files recently and we're at the point that we start to groan whenever an episode opens with a Voice Over because we know we're in 45 minutes of purestrain Chris Carter navel gazing

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Lmao, welp somehow I missed 5 letter from my HOA about fines :suicide:

Atleast they dropped the late fees after I called them

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

California

I mean, they're not wrong about the little patch of yard being overgrown, I turned off the sprinkler 2 years ago during the droughts and have just let go wild. Just somehow never got the letters to tell me and never checked the monthly bills because its been on auto-pay for years and I've been seeing the withdrawals on my bank statement. Definitely my gently caress up, but drat

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1617943103083581441

This is something I've been saying should happen for a while, they've bought up so many of their competitors over the past 2 decades and then tailored their search engine to promote pages that use ad keywords (hence why every recipe has stupid loving blog post attached to it)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

FizFashizzle posted:

going to Thailand on fridaaaaaaaaay

Nice, I'm going to Hawaii on Friday with my family and my gf. Should be a very good trip assuming the weather cooperates

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I read a bunch of those books as a kid, I remember the one where the kids ended up on a world populated by aliens that were like Scyther (you know the pokemon with sword arms) and taught them how to commit genocide

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Also, when I'm planning a date, I would generally ask about dietary stuff or hell even what types of food they like because I'm interested in getting to know my date as a person and not just trying to get someone drunk enough to gently caress me like that writer

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ArmandDoma/status/1621971518086602753

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
My gf and I watched season 1 of White Lotus on Maui and that certainly a show that made us feel a lot of emotions. Mainly anger at all of the assholes

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm figuring the train derailment in East Palestine, OH isn't being covered as much since the deaths aren't instantaneous. Since those being affected will die several years later it will fall out of the public consciousness in a week.

Yeah, its a much more obvious and understandable tragedy when 35K people are killed in an earthquake, a toxic chemical disaster that hasn't killed anyone yet in a rural area isn't gonna get the same level of attention

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Yesterday I got a couple of big rear end local crabs for $5/lbs and made crab cakes for my girlfriend. God they were tasty

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Going to need a break down of that crab cake recipe.

1 egg
1/4 cup mayo
1 teaspoons mustard
1 scallion, finely chopped
1-2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Old Bay
Salt and pepper
2/3 cup bread crumbs + more for coating
1 lbs crab meat

Mix everything before the breadcrumbs together in a large bowl until evenly mixed. Add breadcrumbs and mix together. Gently add crab meat and mix together. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, to let it come together

Pour breadcrumbs on a plate, scoop out crab cake mix and shape into patties, then coat top and bottom in breadcrumbs.

Fry over medium heat until they're browned enough. Serve with lemon wedges

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Why does PFT Commenter have a loving chain of cheesesteak restaurants

Is podcasting really making him that much money

https://pardonmycheesesteak.com/faq/

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Probably a bad idea to keep cutting all of these positions down to bare minimum number of people and then overworking them to make up for it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Bird in a Blender posted:

Oh man, is Twitter actually dying? That would be great.

Turns out those "extra engineers" and slow processes and extra environments are useful for making software that doesn't regularly faceplant

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

No Butt Stuff posted:

I know it will never, ever happen, but I sure would love to see a billionaire face literally any consequence that makes them think twice about their behavior in the future.

I mean, he just got forced to follow through on the Twitter purchase despite spending 6 months trying to desperately get out of it. This would be expensive, but still a drop in the bucket compared to that

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Freaquency posted:

Everything Everywhere is absolutely cleaning up tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU

Cant believe the guys who directed this swept the Oscars less than a decade later

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

That feels unlikely to pass

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I mean, someone shot up the Republican house softball team and there wasn't even a peep about gun control out of them

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Great day on the slopes

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

C-Euro posted:

Sadmin would be a good username.

Sadmin Hussein

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/statu...ingawful.com%2F

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
It won't stop loving raining in California :smithcloud:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

This is enough for the year, can I get a literal rain check for next winter?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Freaquency posted:

The thing that’s a bit of a bummer is that Subaru is kinda behind the curve on hybrid/EVs. We have been idly looking for something that we can camp in the back of and the only thing that really fits the bill is the Highlander Hybrid. Subaru has a hybrid Crosstrek but they’re very expensive and they’ve sold shockingly few of them, so they’re not exactly flooding the used market. I guess they have a new EV coming out soon though, so we’ll see how that turns out.

I actually have one of the hybrid Crosstrek and it's great, though the batteries take up a lot of the trunk space. But I think they only make enough to satisfy the CA emissions laws.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Looks like I'm going to Hawaii sometime this month for a vacation. I just gotta get my dates squared with my lady since she's spending time with family and friends there from the 10th until her new job starts in June. I've only gone to Hawaii as a kid once with my grandparents so going as an adult will be different. Either way I plan to be on the beach the majority of the time, so I'm gonna look like a sunburned walrus when I get home.

Which island are you visiting?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oahu. I went to Maui with my grandparents and I know it's more touristy than Oahu. I'm expecting it to be fairly crowded too honestly as long as I can get some sun and go swimming every day I'm good.

If you like whiskey, try getting to Bar Leather Apron. Also, get some fresh Malasadas from Leonards

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Leperflesh posted:

tv and hollywood spent multiple decades just churning out hundreds of westerns and they were often very formulaic. Boomers were inundated with them throughout their childhoods and IMO this is quietly one of the factors that poisoned that generation's minds and outlook, the myth of the free, lawless west, conquered by square-jawed independent libertarian heroes (white men) with guns

The generations before them were exposed to the same thing except in the form of novels

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

She ran as fairly liberal democrat in a very blue district, so a lot of people are wondering what the gently caress is going on

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Ehud posted:

What's everyone doing this weekend?

We have a small birthday party planned for my 2 year old. And then I have a ton of yardwork to catch up on.

Getting dragged to my gf's cousin's wedding

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

JPrime posted:

definitely can't wait for AB to give some beers to some gun toting chud as a way of apologizing for hurting the rights fee fees

I mean with as many brands as InBev owns, I'm sure some will be targeted towards younger, liberal drinkers and get a lot of ad space at pride events and the like and other brands will advertise towards conservatives and be featured more hunting and churchy oriented events.

They don't actually give a poo poo other than trying to get people to drink their booze

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

swickles posted:

Lol all Southwest flights are cancelled again

They already have them going again

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Freaquency posted:

Yeah the problem isn’t that these people don’t get primaried, it’s that the power structure is designed to protect itself and anyone that has even a remote chance of winning is told that they’ll never have a job in politics again if they dare to run.

The CA Democratic party endorsed De Leon over her in the general election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Space-X's new rocket exploded this morning

https://www.youtube.com/live/wsKyM1Raeu4?feature=share

Go to 35 minutes

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 20, 2023