Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

Starting this year off on the right note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

C-Euro posted:

I imagine that air traffic control operators are at least trained to be able to talk a stranger through landing a plane, the way 911 operators can talk someone through giving CPR while trained first responders go to their location. Now, whether or not a random airplane passenger can execute on those instructions is an entirely different story.

I think they usually get an instructor or someone familiar with the aircraft to assist. At least, that's the case with smaller planes that don't have locked doors.

I was always under the impression passenger jets could basically land themselves if the airport has an ILS runway. You just need to know the right switches and that's where the instructor/veteran pilot comes into play.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I just finished my national registry written testing for medic and I think I'm going to either throw up or break my F5 key waiting for the results. Probably both.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

LeeMajors posted:

Yoooooo

Congrats. It’s no longer adaptive right? So you got a full 150 questions?

Still adaptive! I finished in 80 questions, so either I'm good or just really poo poo the bed.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Blowjob Overtime posted:

lol, my exact mindset walking out of the 4 hour second half of the PE exam after 2.5 hours. Guessing you crushed it, but definitely understand the anxiety. Any idea when the results are due? Assuming it's soon if you're :f5: ing

Up to 3 business days, technically, but most people get them back the same day. :justpost: the results, NREMT!

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah you crushed it. Congrats!

Thank you sir!

Freaquency posted:

The gently caress around -> find out pipeline

I don't want to cheer on someone getting burned, but ... Yeah.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Skwirl posted:

Noticing a theme.

Yep. Obviously a frame job :tinfoil:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Unlike McCarthy, I passed my test! Suck it NREMT and Congress

E: also the Cowboys

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

LeeMajors posted:

Congrats Paramedic Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg

Now time to get busy agonizing over the most minor patient care decisions while absolutely seething over your truck’s lovely suspension.

Abugadu posted:

Congrats Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg!

FizFashizzle posted:

Yaaaaaaas to both

Thanks all! I already had a lady in her 90s tell me to go gently caress myself because I asked which finger she wanted a pulse ox on :3:

E: and holy gently caress do I need to come up with a less lovely username.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Time for another GBS "post itt for a random new username" thread.

I would never trust GBS with this given the history ...

Coco13 posted:

That many bypasses, you should call him the Milwaukee Zoo. (Regional!)

Heyooo!

I've always been conscious of my drinking. My Dad still considers himself a recovering alcoholic and he hasn't had a drink in over 30 years. That has always given me an idea of how quick it can happen and how hard it is to pull out of. Even then there were definitely days where I just said gently caress it and downed a dozen jack and cokes these last few years. It happens, and the fact you have identified it and are working towards a change speaks volumes.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 6, 2023

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Neil Armbong posted:

Power rangers got weird for some of the series. They are like, magic ranger fighting inter dimensional evil and the base is with a fairy lady in a tree. They are also magicians in their non power Ranger lives.

There was a movie where the beat the bad guy by bringing back every power Ranger ever to fight. It’s a really weird show universe.

My son went through a power ranger phase where we watched the show a lot.

And that's exactly why when my son asked about it on Netflix I said "we aren't watching that."

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Silly Burrito posted:

Paramedic Arg
Dr Feelgood
House Speaker
Cinnamon Bear
The TFF Avenger

Whether these are less lovely or more is purely your opinion

Ok I feel like there's a story here ...

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I've never been much of Star Trek person but I'm really enjoying Lower Decks.

It's a good show! Still, DS9 supremacy.

FizFashizzle posted:

Rodgers is the chair of that whole committee.

He should be getting ready for the Lions, damnit :argh:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Silly Burrito posted:

Thank you and lalalalalalaIcan'thearyoulalalalala :)

9 months before my kids were born line up on our honeymoon and anniversary. I legitimately can't wait until my kids are old enough to do the math and my son understands what "you were the best souvenir" means.

E: holy poo poo what a bad snipe

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Intruder posted:

Silk denies she had covid but there's a lot of noise out there that she was hospitalized for covid around Thanksgiving

Well of course she does, COVID isn't real :colbert:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

This loving rules.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

bobjr posted:

I thought first degree was planned out intentional murder?

Not even George Floyd’s death got that.

Not in Illinois. In particular, this line:

quote:

(2) he or she knows that such acts create a strong probability of death or great bodily harm to that individual or another

As LeeMajors said,

LeeMajors posted:

that's literally week 1 EMT school lessons to NEVER SECURE YOUR PATIENTS PRONE EVER EVER EVER EVER

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Why is this a thing?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Make a hybrid Tacoma or 4Runner already you cowards!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
DS9 Supremacy

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

T-Square posted:

I thought I had it Dec 2021 but a clinic PCR and home rapid both tested negative so :shrug:

I think I’m past the worst of it already so I guess I have boosters to thank, currently eating some fresh made matzo ball soup the girlfriend made and just dropped off at the bottom of the stairs for me

I swear it went through my house earlier in 2022, but all tests were negative.

My pneumonia diagnosis today though, that's positive!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm sure you've read it already, but The Martian is still one of my favorite reads from the last few years.

By the same author, I liked Artemis. Fun, quick read.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I love the idea of the Maverick, but I don't love that I can tow the same weight in my Legacy. I like the size of the Taco, but not sure if the interior is any bigger than a sedan and road trips with two car seats and a dog suuuuuck.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Backpack Chat: I have an Osprey Nebula backpack and really like it. Holds up well, has enough storage but collapses down if you want.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Thinking about thick slabs of striated muscle

Reminds me, I have to pick up a brisket for smoking this weekend.

Kalli posted:

It probably has aged poorly or whatever, but the Hand Banana episode is hilarious.

Maybe the dick rippers being straw hat wearing giant buck toothed things is a bit much, but eh.

I'll always laugh at the mooninite episodes. Especially since they caused a bomb scare once.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Grittybeard posted:

This is pretty far up there with the most randomly stupid panics that I'll always remember.

Right? These people never saw a fuckin lite brite before?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Vertical Lime posted:

the videos are here if anyone can stomach them

https://vimeo.com/cityofmemphis

Yeah, this is on a whole new level... There isn't even the semblance of "he was resisting".

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Grittybeard posted:

Walk dogs around the neighborhood or something and let me pet them, and have them not be scary dogs. You don't get to be the Punisher anymore, that should never have been your place.

My small city's department basically does this along with our fire and EMS departments in that they set up shop in what are usually "problem areas" and let people run up to the K9s and pet them. The dogs love it, residents there talk to the PD and other services about concerns both in the neighborhood and in the department, and the cops look good in the process. It's such a fuckin no brainer that NOT going that route basically admits you want to be The Punisher and crack skulls while talking nice.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

kiimo posted:

You can't get the mozz sticks, chicken rings or chicken with cheese at the grocery store though, and that's the best part of white castle those things are crack to me and that honey mustard is special.

Is this a typo or is there really a thing called chicken rings? Because now I want chicken rings...

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
My God

E: what a lovely snipe

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

swickles posted:

My wife is finishing her PGY-2 as a pharmacist, with this year being a specialty in mental health. While she wants to work for the VA since they hire a ton of mental health pharmacists, she has also been looking elsewhere. She had an interview with a company to be a manager of a psychiatric practice and they tried to get her to take a job as a Pharmacy Tech. Then they got offended when she very politely said that a tech does not make as much as a pharmacist (let alone the billion other reasons she should have laughed at that suggestion). I am a thousand percent sure that HR manager is going to bitch to their husband or whoever tonight that "no one wants to work!!!"

I know you applied for the Attending Physician role, but would you consider this open ER tech role? What? How dare you turn down a perfectly good job!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I mean, Biden's military advisors basically said "they can get the same info from their satellites, don't shoot it down over land". That they knocked it down over water makes sense then because if there is any value to what's on it, cool. If not, well, target practice for an F-22.

E: thinking of a jet getting a fuckin' children's balloon picture painted under the canopy...

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Bird in a Blender posted:

I thought planes didn’t take off and land on the same runway. If that’s true, then someone really really hosed up here. Glad this didn’t happen a few days ago when I was flying out of Austin.

There's usually an active runway that planes use to land and take off, dictated by wind direction. Some airports allow for multiple runways, but it's normal for departure and arrival to be the same runway.

In this case it sounds like visibility was down to 1/8 mile. Tower gave the Southwest aircraft permission to take off and warned them of the FedEx on a 3 mile final (meaning, currently landing and 3 miles out). I saw a couple comments that said SW took a little too long to get their takeoff roll started and once the FedEx plane saw the runway was still occupied they quickly aborted.

Going to be interesting to see what the NTSB comes up with. I'm guessing ATC will have partial blame since they probably should've waved off the FedEx plane when the Southwest one wasn't airborne, but who knows.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I put a 48" plasma tv (which was hot poo poo at the time) on my wedding list ...

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Just the biggest children

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
The outsourced IT "augmentation" folks my company went to to "modernize" and "speed up basic processes" decided they are going to require DNS changes to go through our company's formal change process. That means my CNAME update for a non-production, internal-only server that the same augmentation folks told me I had to migrate to Azure will now require a peer approval, system owner approval, DNS team approval, and Infrastructure Head approval as well as a 4 day lead time and implementation plan along with testing evidence. For a DNS CNAME change.

I hate IT so goddamn much.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

T-Square posted:

Lol we got our :airquote:anonymous:airquote: employee surveys a couple of weeks ago and I personally just deleted the email, because of course they’re not anonymous. Apparently everyone else deleted their email too, because our supervisor forwarded us all an email that members of her team had not completed their :airquote:anonymous:airquote: survey, so now we all know in plain writing that it’s definitely not!

My company did the exact same thing late last year. Their survey was to be tabulated and handled by our outsourcing company. The topic of the survey? How the outsourcing company is doing.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Freaquency posted:

I neglected to get my passport renewed for months and the other week when I finally got around to it they had just opened up online renewals as a trial. Procrastinating works!

Damnit, I just went to look at this and they stopped new applicants as of February 7th. Procrastinating failed!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I'm 99% certain that's Microsoft Flight Simulator... Unless :thejoke:

Edit: ok yeah, then if that's accurate holy poo poo

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

LeeMajors posted:

Happy spiritual anniversary to the King of All Tweets

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/st...ingawful.com%2F

I still can't let myself believe this is anything more than sarcasm. My mental health won't allow it.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Intruder posted:

Worse because he definitely spent 12 hours creating that disappointment

Based on the photo, so did Manas.