Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

yep

it's only february and already we've got one of the tentpole releases of the year out. and Ishin later this month, and Atomic Heart. and next month is Wo Long, the PC port of Last of Us, Jedi Survivor, and the RE 4 Remake

there's no lull anymore so there's nothing for people to rest on unless it's something once-in-a-generation like Elden Ring or BOTW

Jedi Survivor got delayed to late April :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Does Game Pass show your time played anywhere? I can't seem to find it...

You have to scroll down a bit on the page for a given game and click on "Show All" in the achievements section

No, I don't know why it displays in days rather than just hours :confused:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

Don't know if I missed discussion about this or not but:

https://twitter.com/ASUS_ROG/status/1642882143193010176

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drLZxyv79Oo

Windows 11 based.

and it will only cost 999 dollars

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Is there any way to get New Steam to open in the background (minimized) at launch like Old Steam used to? Not seeing an option for it.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

How buggy is Sable these days? I remember it was pretty bad on launch but it seems like the devs have cleaned it up somewhat.

I played Sable off PC Game Pass a month or two back, it was a tad traversal stutter-y but other than that it seemed fine?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I noticed some of the Sony-published games on sale this week. Does that necessarily mean they won't be on sale next week during the Summer Sale, or that they might be discounted differently than what they currently are?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

kazil posted:

There's no way to know for sure, but I suspect the Sony games will still be on sale during the biggest sale of the year

I figured, and I also imagine I could refund and rebuy them anyway if they end up with a steeper discount next week. Thanks!

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Dunno if anyone else has noticed this phenomenon where a game that drops on PC Game Pass is actually an inferior version to the one released the same day on Steam because the day-one patch is still going through Microsoft cert lol

Before it was Everspace 2 but now it's The Bookwalker, basically all the notes and things you read in the game are broken because half the text is unreadable

Devs had this to say:

It's a shame because the premise is really neat :sigh:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

ymgve posted:

When I tried Astroneer on PC Gamepass it had hardcore stuttering and frame pacing issues that were completely gone when I tried the Steam version. I'm wary about using PC Gamepass for any graphically demanding games after that.

PC Game Pass really is a mixed bag in that respect. I know that the FO/TES Bethesda games are not nearly as moddable as their Steam counterparts because none of the utilities that hook into the game executable (ala SKSE) actually work. Starfield is likely to be in the same boat.

There are also a lot of titles from the mid-2010s that still are using the cursed UWP versions with locked-down folders and the tendency to bug out and not actually free up disk space on uninstall.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

lunar detritus posted:

My plan for Starfield is to go with Game Pass for the first playthrough and then wait for a steam sale to start modding it, since it'll take some time for the mod tools to get released and the dust to settle.

I had the same thought. Plus, if the game turns out bad that's a good chunk of change saved! :haw:

Phoix posted:

It's not ideal but it really only effects a bunch of flavor text, basically. I've finished 4 of the books now and I haven't really felt like I missed anything important.

Ah, okay. It seemed to be affecting everything you could read in the player's apartment but that's good if it doesn't persist (as much) elsewhere.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

pik_d posted:

Is there a way to make it so Steam starts silently like before? Every time I start it, it pops up the store and some ads when before the new update I didn't have to deal with that.

I don't know if there's a way to force it but the Steam client on the Beta Update track currently starts silently if you're cool with switching over

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

So a friend gifted me a copy of a game I'd previously deleted from my library... and Steam won't let me accept the gift, citing an "unknown error"

I'm guessing that's because of the whole "the original game key is still tied to your account" detail of the deletion process?

edit: okay I did not know you can straight-up just restore the game via Steam support, huh

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 6, 2023

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

explosivo posted:

You can delete games from your library?

Well, from your account, but apparently it's not even as permanent a choice as the prompt makes it out to be lol

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

what game was it?

Dragon's Dogma *starts getting pelted with garbage* it has poor ultrawide support! *half of a rotten apple lands in his mouth*

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I saw that mod, but those known issues...

Toggling the mod every time I want to look at the map doesn't sound fun to me tbh

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Volte posted:

You can just set the resolution to a 16:9 resolution and it works fine on an ultrawide (with black bars) if nothing else works.

I actually did this with Star Trek: Resurgence (great ST game btw) the other week and yeah, that worked out just fine. With DD I was more looking for an excuse to quickly prune it from my then-backlog lol

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Half of these games are jank as poo poo and not nearly as easy to just pick up and play as Oblivion is

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Antigravitas posted:

Gothic 3 was the better game even before patches. Bekämpf mich im echten Leben.

Ah yes I too remember Nehrim

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I barely dipped into my wishlist, just picked up a handful of games:

Already beat En Garde (super fun game btw), picked up REMAKE INTERGRADE last minute when I just got sucked into playing FF7 on my Deck for a whole-rear end day. I'm probably going to play Remake on my PC, but still, Final Fantasy 7 good, y'all

Expanse sits off to the side, waiting to be picked up like a disused spaceman toy

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Gabe took the joking about his yachts personally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWUOa55s8Pw

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Volte posted:

It did? I can't find anything about it and SteamDB doesn't show any content updates since 4 years ago.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/291650/discussions/0/4034728215965085488/

It's this, I think. Interesting that they're just continuing regular patching of the game after 4 years lol

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I pruned my wishlist down to something like 35 games (and half of those are upcoming releases) because I realized that I didn't actually want most of them

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

ErrEff posted:

40% review score, 183K people in-game. Hmmmmmmm.

lest we forget

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Bumhead posted:

Shout out to my guy just chilling with Audiosurf.

"boycott of the what-now? good luck bro"

I'm partial to the sole Dragon Age: Origins player myself

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Foul Fowl posted:

it's always brought up as evidence that gamers will complain and cry but not do anything about it because they have no self control. when in fact it's evidence that the poster themselves are too cowardly to have any convictions, and want to make themselves feel better about it.

gently caress yeah man, keep on trucking with those assumptions

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 22, 2024

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

apparently Embracer has finished "restructuring" with the Gearbox deal, so that means these studios should be safe:

Gunfire Games (Remnant 1 & 2)
Flying Wild Hog (Shadow Warrior, Evil West)
Purple Lamp Games (Epic Mickey Remake, Spongebob: Cosmic Shake)
DigixArt (Road 96)
Coffee Stain Studios and its child studios (Goat Simulator, Deep Rock Galactic, Satisfactory)
Crystal Dynamics (Tomb Raider, Perfect Dark reboot)
4A Games (Metro series)
Aspyr Games (KOTOR remake, Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered)
Beamdog (Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale remasters, Mythforce)
Snapshot Games (Phoenix Point)
Tripwire Interactive (Killing Floor series, Maneater)
Tuxedo Labs (Teardown)
Zen Studios (Pinball FX, Operencia: The Stolen Sun)
Limited Run Games
Asmodee (board game publisher)
Dark Horse Comics

KOTOR remake is reportedly now being developed by Saber Interactive, which was actually sold by Embracer to one of Saber's own co-founders just this month

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I want to know so bad what kind of vertical slice Aspyr produced that apparently Lucasfilm/Disney were totally fine with but Sony absolutely *hated*

Probably not enough live-service game elements lol

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Squiggle posted:

The fact that I can't select and copy the CD Key dialogue is super weird. I'm sure I used to be able to?

I'm guessing... some sort of measure against key resellers?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Dread Delusion is now 20% off for the run up to 1.0's release next week, good time to buy if you're like me and was waiting on Early Access ending to pick up the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

LLSix posted:

The art reminds me of daggerfall. Does it also have unfinishable procedurally generated dungeons? What’s the magic system like?

I know little about it outside of the trailers and the fact that it been bandied around as a "Morrowind-like"

So hopefully there aren't actually any unfinishable procedurally generated dungeons or I'm refunding this poo poo lol