Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i finally started sekiro and its good as hell and also destroying my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

my fav part of original dark souls 2 was that bonfire directly next to several crossbow enemies who would aggro on you the instant you stand up, very good game design 10/10

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Wiltsghost posted:

Bethesda marketing has always been pretty bad.

i will never forget how awful and slow they made doom 2016 look in 100% of the marketing but an nvidia gameplay video posted a few days before release showed that the game was incredibly fast paced

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Love the Ranger Hardcore mode in Metro except for the bits where they also don’t show the QTE buttons.

i still have no idea why they very intentionally did this in all three games. i dont think any sane person would feel cheated out of their accomplishment for having just the QTE prompts visible.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

make your own wizard to stop the big nosed, greedy, bank owning goblins from rebelling against the wizards because they want more rights

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If i know nothing of One Piece, is One Piece Odyssey a good game?

absolutely not, game 100% assumes you know the characters and plot already from minute zero plus a major part of the game is "What If?" scenarios of manga arcs where the story changes will mean nothing to you if you're not familiar.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

nioh 2 has more in common with character action games than souls game by the time you start doing NG++ to be honest

it rules

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

new armored core game comes out this year. otherwise yeah, good mech games are a fuckin holy grail

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Play posted:

mechwarrior 5 is not terrible especially when modded

just a little empty. But still fun

yeah i started playing it because of the previous thread, its at least good enough to hold off the mech urges until armored core

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Morrowind has a general issue of not spawning in enemies you are guaranteed to hit and kill in a single swing. But whatever.

not really, if you cant hit enemies consistently, you're either in a dangerous area, you're using a weapon that you don't actually have the skill to use, or you keep trying to swing while your fatigue bar is at zero

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

i probably worded myself wrong but after 20+ hours I get tired of having to kill a rat that woke me up from my slumber. its a weird meme of every elder scrolls game that weak shitters will charge your daedric armor looking rear end

oh lol, yeah, but on the other hand, waking up to a scrib is always a fun surprise, i love those little dudes

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Begemot posted:

It's fun to look at the global stats for achievements, both to see how many people have not even booted a game

steam only tracks achievement completion percentages of people who have launched the game once actually, all those people who haven't even gotten a tutorial cheevo basically launched the game and closed it without playing.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Black Griffon posted:

I'm catching up on some Let's Game It Out, and I'm curious: How fun is WorldBox? Is it like some open sandboxes where a few fun things can happen but you realize it's quite repetitive at the end of the day, or is genuinely and consistently interesting with emergent events and progression?

its the former but they keep updating it which adds some freshness to it, the next update is adding a political layer with clans and bloodlines. it probably wont be very deep but its a fun enough sandbox to pop into every once in a while to gently caress around and see whats new.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i only watch movies at 20x speed so i can get to the good parts faster

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Triarii posted:

Here let me try

Skipping cutscenes is like ordering a rotisserie chicken and they also give you a little printed short story about the farmer who raised the chicken, but you decide to not read that and just eat the chicken instead

this is the worst food metaphor so far

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i simply buy good games and not play them

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i dont think the five ordeals scenario editor allows you to add custom art assets. you can't really add new art to it outside of character portraits unfortunately

though i gotta say, their character portrait system is weirdly in-depth, you can have portraits for specific health values, status effects, and combinations of health and status effects as well as a few other misc portraits like opening chests.

edit: also if you want to play five ordeals, this is the best program i've found for mapping out the dungeons if you don't want to use actual graph paper

https://graphpaper-news.blogspot.com/2022/09/1.html

ShadowMar fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 1, 2023

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Volte posted:

That update just happened in 2021? GFWL shut down in 2014. They were just selling a game that could no longer be launched for seven years?

they were selling Lost Planet 2, which both used GFWL and literally does not work on PCs with more than 6 physical cores, for years before finally delisting it

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

it doesnt matter how badly someone is playing, that troll enemy is jankily sliding forward mid-animation and thats going to gently caress with dodge timing no matter what. this poo poo is a mess. 0:17 in particular is insanely bad jank

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Mescal posted:

code vein $9 or nioh 2 $30?

code vein feels like dogshit to play, nioh 2 is a character action game masquerading as a souls-like for your first playthrough

get nioh 2

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Croccers posted:

I don't know if there's a Beam NG thread so I'll ask here:
Every time there's an update to the game, the bf's PC will download the update but then it spends 20ish minutes patching all 27GB of files. No Network traffic, only Disk usage.
Is this normal for Beam patches? I remember Payday 2 patching was crap like this, is that's what's happening here?

yeah, thats normal. there's a lot of games that really did not have a lot of thought put into what the patching process on steam would be like and BeamNG is definitely one of them

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

explosivo posted:

I could get into a Monster Hunter made by Koei-Tecmo

https://store.steampowered.com/app/363130/Toukiden_Kiwami/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/551730/Toukiden_2/

they already made two

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

monster hunter world is the worst game in the series because the clutch claw is a garbage game mechanic and decorations are RNG. would unironically prefer the underwater combat over the clutch claw. the extremely poor monster variety does no favors either.

it also has the ugliest art style in the series but people will say it looks good because they masked the horrendously bland art with the highest graphical fidelity in the series.

i will never understand the uncritical praise it gets aside from most of the objectively good QoL changes.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

from's souls games and team ninja's loot games are both good, im sorry to anyone who is too weak to simply enjoy both.

also the Wo Long demo owned.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

RBA Starblade posted:

Leaving aside the bad loot system Nioh's just not a very interesting game

so did you not play nioh 1 or 2 or did you just get filtered by an early boss

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

when someone says the loot system in nioh sucks, it always means "i bought a loot game despite hating loot games and then willingly refused to engage with the mechanics of the loot system."

oh and, inevitably someone chimes in with "i don't want 10000 items that all have 0.001% better stats" and proves the fact that they don't know how Nioh's loot system works and are just parroting poo poo they saw online

ShadowMar fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 28, 2023

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

The loot is complete cruft before NG+ when you don't have the ability to put together a coherent set with meaningful buffs and item level raises every mission, which obsoletes anything you try to put together in an hour.

yes and this is also true of diablo, grim dawn, and almost every other ARPG with more than one difficulty level but nioh is the game people always scream about gutting the whole loot system out of

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

monolith productions are making a wonder woman game with the nemesis system. WB will almost certainly find a way to poison that game's release like they did with Shadow of War before they removed the monetization a year later.

im guessing it'll be a single player game with battle pass monetization, level skips, etc.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

it really is crazy just how much the nemesis system adds to shadow of mordor/war. war especially benefits from all the fun inter-orc relations going on.

a wonder woman game where random goons could team up and upgrade themselves into proper supervillains sounds amazing despite how sick of super hero poo poo i am at this point.

Jack Trades posted:

To be fair, Nemesis System does require a lot of work to implement. I imagine most of their games don't have that kind of ambition.

the amount of voice acting they recorded for it in war alone was staggering

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Veotax posted:

Huh, Resident Evil 5 just got a random update out of nowhere to remove Games for Windows Live and add in split screen co-op, which was on consoles but not on PC without mods, I think. Neat!

when is lost planet 2 going to be playable on modern hardware again

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Serephina posted:

Also by the same guys, Necrodancer's latest DLC is still in bloody Early Access. That's cheeky, right? The game's a huge success, already has a major expansion out, and suddenly the second xpack needs 6+ months of EA? Seems greedy.

please explain how this is greedy

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

we can't allow another tragedy like this to happen again, we have to be better and not allow the Crypt of the NecroDancer devs any leniency in their punishment

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

they should port skate 3 to PC, i want to see people explode in anger because it would never have keyboard & mouse support.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Donnerberg posted:

Keep in mind the Blood Bowl 2 player pool will be smaller than ever with the sequel out

the player count has actually gone back up to more normal numbers after declining in 2022 specifically due to BB3's release lol

https://steamcharts.com/app/236690#All

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

severed steel devs announced a new game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuxH0p1G4gM

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Tiny Timbs posted:

Epic exclusives occupy a bizarre attention void that doesn’t seem like should exist in the internet age

the ceo of new blood interactive said that he once heard someone call the EGS a marketing black hole and that it was the perfect description of it

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Omi no Kami posted:

I dusted off Budokai Tenkaichi 3 recently, and it reminded me that while I'm not a fighting game guy, I love running around with dumb dragonball characters hurling lasers at each other. Are either Xenoverse 2 or Kakarot remotely like the PS2 arena brawlers, or should I just wait for BT4?

do you like fighting enemies with hyper inflated HP values and nearly endless hyper armor because thats what xenoverse 2 and kakarot are like

wait for bt4

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Sab669 posted:

Yea I was so excited for that game until they announced you're racing another squad or some dumb crap like that.

Wonder what they'll do when the population drops and you can't fill out a party.

the servers will be dead within a year or two like every live service battle pass game that isn't marketed toward children like fortnite and call of duty are

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

FutureCop posted:

EDF! I find myself really wanting to play more so I'm looking at Iron Rain and World Brothers, but feel conflicted with the mixed reviews: any opinions?

iron rain has some interesting ideas but is unfortunately not a very good game and i would hesitate to even call it an EDF game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Somehow, Marvel Avengers feels more authentically like a Marvel movie than Midnight Suns, and somehow looks better at times, though it's inconsistent. Midnight suns looks technically better but runs far worse.

However, marvel avengers has qtes and spammy combat

i grabbed it for $8 and playing it kinda just makes me sad seeing how much of waste of talent and effort it is. i don't really like MCU poo poo but the bones of a good game are buried deep in there, they're just covered in a mountain of worthless poo poo like the meaningless rpg loot, the failed live service model, etc