Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Steam... what's with this digital poo poo anyway. I want to line all my old game boxes up on a shelf next to clever coffee mugs and anime toys and embarass my wife like the good old days.
It's nice because you can constantly buy games and not play them and not have to worry about keeping them organized, plus it will tell you if you already bought them so you don't accidentally buy them twice so you don't have to not play two copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm not going to try to read the last couple pages to figure out wtf is going on but I guess I'll just assume it's people being incapable of understanding that other people might like different things like every other time this thread gets into a dumb argument.

mystes
May 31, 2006

anilEhilated posted:

Speaking of things this thread was missing:

drat that's a pretty bird

mystes
May 31, 2006

secretly best girl posted:

Hey, sick, I didn't know the sequel to Touhou Mystery Dungeon-like Gensou Wanderer had a now-translated sequel just drop without me noticing. This time the gimmick is entire teams on the field instead of a duet. This rules.
I really don't understand touhou fandom

For content, I just bought powerwash simulator and that's pretty decent if you want a completely mindless game you can do while listening to audiobooks or something

mystes
May 31, 2006

ErrEff posted:

Always love when video game protagonists find a giant treasure chest filled with poo poo and there is exactly 1 (one) particular item in the chest that they grab and stuff inside their clothes, ignoring everything else.
That's just the rule. One per person.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Is there a nobel prize for trolling?

mystes
May 31, 2006

I just find itb too frustrating for some reason even though I'm not sure it's actually more frustrating than ftl

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

i like the windows 95 mahjong where you match the pairs on the pyramids
Mahjong solitaire isn't actual mahjong....

mystes
May 31, 2006

okay, you've got me

mystes
May 31, 2006

this looks cool but why are they all separate games rather than dlc or something? having a zillion in your library just seems annoying

I'm definitely going to buy the bunny one that comes out in a week though

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

i've used mouse and keyboard for essentially everything for the past 20 years new controller doodads were never going to impress me
maybe you should try a gamepad some time

mystes
May 31, 2006

Philippe posted:

Same. I've tried using a controller, but it never clicked.
Somewhere someone has probably figured out how to make a mechanical gamepad

mystes
May 31, 2006

They're saying that even if the direction buttons are discrete, as long as you can set any arbitrary camera angle, you can theoretically move in any arbitrary direction by setting the camera angle appropriately such that one of the direction buttons will achieve the desired angle, I guess

I am just describing what they appear to be saying and I have no opinion on this whatsoever

mystes
May 31, 2006

Is this the game where everyone was making fun of the dialog in the trailer?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mordja posted:

Goons' blind obsession with generational divides will never stop being tiresome.
I didn't know that goons controlled every media outlet

mystes
May 31, 2006

The magic nail polish thing is pretty neat. Maybe some better game can copy that.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Artelier posted:

i will forgive a lot in forspoken if, at the end of the game, your character asks their love interest out or confesses their love, only for the love interest to be like sorry, i'm spoken for
dadjoken

mystes
May 31, 2006

Volte posted:

Am I misreading this review or is this guy literally complaining that the game doesn't sufficiently justify why they made the protagonist black
I guess this is sort of similar to the idea of "blackwashing" but going further than applying to changing a specific existing character's race

mystes
May 31, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

forspoken being placed into the ballista and fired into the fields of the culture war

the quartering, breadtube, a vtuber, and some guy with a boba fett helmet, all pause their fighting to look up as the shadow grows aroudn them
lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

Foul Fowl posted:

the spiders have no mouth and i must scream
Try stridulating like an old world tarantula instead

mystes
May 31, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Shouldn't an arachnophobia mode INCREASE the amount of spiders? They will in my games, that's for sure.
all characters including you are now spiders

mystes
May 31, 2006

haldolium posted:

There are so many good ways to address arachnophobia
Have an option to turn all the spider enemies into cute jumping spider buddies who help you out

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Children are stupid. Not in a derogatory way, they just don't have any experience and don't know any better. That's why children's media is written in such a way as to have otherwise obvious things be spelled out and repeated in a non-subtle way, to maybe it more easily understood by a child.

I really don't know why it is so controversial to say that I don't enjoy that style of writing.
Agreed, children are stupid. That's why they enjoy children's media like video games rather than enjoying more mature forms of leisure.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Rather than Kerbal Space Program 2 could they make like "Kerbal Space Program for Dumb People"?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hades is fun but all the stupid dialogue you have to click through sucks

mystes
May 31, 2006

Am I seriously the only one who doesn't like the dialogue?!

mystes
May 31, 2006

lunar detritus posted:

And Avatar is the highest-grossing movie of all time. The fact that it's popular now means nothing in the long term.
yeah this is definitely a thing everyone was saying before avatar 2 came out

mystes
May 31, 2006

What game is that?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Is it just me or do all the weapons really look like tyrian which is funny for a game in a completely different genre?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Chas McGill posted:

I guess I'm mainly after a compelling story with meaningful interactivity and something that will run nicely for many hours on the steam deck.
Do you like anime antics or tolerate it?
I can tolerate anime antics to an extent.
Do you like escape rooms? How hard do you like your puzzles?
Puzzles can be pretty challenging. I'm not enamoured with the concept of escape rooms so probably wouldn't play something all about them.
How much sex appeal or fanservice do you want in your games?
Ideally it'd be something I could play without getting awkward questions if witnessed on public transport.
Seconding 428

mystes
May 31, 2006

I think it's just EA because they're still making major changes? But that's not necessarily a bad thing considering that they're still adding stuff.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

I finally bought Riftbreaker since it's on sale right now and it really is a great game if you're in the mood for fulfilling your colonialist fantasies and bringing proper culture and civilization to an unspoiled planet by genociding the barbaric fauna and paving over the flora with civilized concrete and pollution spewing military-industrial complex as far as your eyes can see.
yeah I think I'll hold out for Terra Nil instead

mystes
May 31, 2006

Waste of Breath posted:

I have probably a dumb/naïve question.

I know there are websites like gamersgate where you can buy keys and activate them on steam, and they'll have sales that don't always correspond to Steam's sales. I know there are also a lot of shadier ones that offer super cheap keys cause of region fuckery or w/e. I don't know if steam actively punishes people for this or if that's just a rumor, but I was curious if there's a good price comparison website or list of more legitimate storefronts that I should be looking at? I've pretty much only ever bought games directly from steam, and googling "game name + steam key" is like SEO bait for a bunch of sites I've never heard of and don't trust. :shobon:
Use https://isthereanydeal.com/

It only indexes legitimate sites

mystes
May 31, 2006

As an American you should feel more dunked on by that email because the US doesn't even have passenger rail

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

wait do people still expect good games from blizzard?
I don't expect anything but I wouldn't mind a new diablo I or diablo II

mystes
May 31, 2006

explosivo posted:

Didn't they literally just make a new Diablo 2?
I mean a new game more in the spirit of diablo 2 rather than something like diablo 3, which I hated, not a remastered diablo 2. Although I would literally accept a remastered diablo 1.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I usually use baobob but I guess it only does circles?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Oh Baobob also has a treemap mode which may be similar to windirstat, so maybe try it after all

mystes
May 31, 2006

kneelbeforezog posted:

How do you get into these games where the gameplay is reading?Even the sonic visual novel murder mystery had some gameplay movement mechanics, does that exist in this?
I mean, if people enjoy reading, why shouldn't they enjoy a game which is basically just a book with visuals and music?

That said I'm too lazy so if it's something like a visual novel I'll just watch lets play videos where people read all the text out loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Blattdorf posted:

One time I wanted to kill a spider that was crawling on my kitchen wall. I took out a hammer and was getting ready to smash it, but then I noticed it started running away from me. At that point I got over my fear of spiders, grabbed a handkerchief, let it climb on and took the spider outside, setting it gently by my neighbour's door.
If you have a spider in your kitchen you have insects for it to eat so if you want the spider to go away you would be better off focusing on preventing the insects from getting in