Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Nerdlord Actual posted:

Ayyy first 'ticket' of the year.

A note, I am not an IT professional, but a reporter.

My boss frequently has issues where he misplaced the edges of his windows or Adobe Audition goes into different modes and each time he calls me first before going to actual IT. Today it was "Adobe's different again, what do I do"

I don't mind, it's just amazing that I'm the 0-th line tech support around here.

The answer should have been, "Probably got an auto update, pretty much all software forces those now. Sure is irritating when they change something out of nowhere, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

GreenNight posted:

Our health insurance changed and mine went from $76/month to $184/month.

Work bumped up my pay $50/month to cover this, apparently.

IDGI

Allow me to interpret. *checks notes*

"gently caress you."

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Thanks Ants posted:

All those companies that make spyware to monitor remote workers' laptops are getting ideas. They'll be detecting poo poo breaks based on the neurons firing off that control the sphincter.

"Groundbreaking study of implant metrics show over 95% of employees are not paying conscious attention during all-company meetings. Discoverers expect to win this year's Nobel Prize for the revelation. Also we have concluded that this is a flaw in those employees."

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Thanks Ants posted:

Windows Copilot

wAIndows

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

sfwarlock posted:

My theory is that whoever lifted it went to the bathroom carrying it, put it on top of the urinal, did the thing, went to wash (God I hope), and forgot it was up there.

So the BEST case scenario is that this new hire, who the company has apparently gone to considerable lengths to acquire, is going to be given a keyboard that someone has gotten piss on. Gee I hope yours is the one workplace in the universe where nobody gossips because if it's not, that information is going to get to them sooner or later. Maybe he won't care, or maybe he'll vomit and then look for a job where people pretend to treat each other with an ounce of respect.

I worked at a company where one of the managers would routinely insult his direct reports (I can only describe it as "negging"). I was routinely baffled at how he was allowed to treat people the way he did, and it tainted my perception of the entire company. I didn't throw my hands up and leave because the pay was good, my team was universally awesome, and I didn't have to interact with the rear end in a top hat. But man, if people in management messed with my stuff to the extent of getting body waste on it, I think that just might be over my personal line.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Cowardly management is worse than useless.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

jaegerx posted:

I don’t generally follow this thread but what was the update on the stolen monitors and keyboards?

Some of the highlights I remember are, "Ultrawide monitor returned (because the person had dropped it and broke the screen)," "keyboard found on top of a urinal," and "executive noticed lack of equipment on new hire's desk on start day, asked pointed questions about reading comprehension."

Edit: And apparently I missed the more recent updates, sorry for the noise.

Che Delilas fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 15, 2024

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

First of May posted:

add hock networking

I'm sorry this is too good to go without comment. Well done.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

chin up everything sucks posted:

Last day at my current job, 2 weeks before my new job is going to start.... Got a phonecall with an offer for the job I really wanted, better pay, benefits, better work.... Everything. loving taking it.

Hell yes. First company deserves nothing from you, go after what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
I had a professor for a programming class that used vim (or vi, not sure which) instead of slides, to do his lectures (and I mean he coded in real time, not just navigating around existing files). He absolutely flew around the editor, it was a sight to behold.

If most of my time coding were spent typing, I might bother to learn.