Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I never finished three houses, I got just before the... Time skip? And stopped. I will probably go back later on, but I didn't like the persona aspects because it makes me metagame it hard, cause I do not replay games anymore, and I didn't like I couldn't just grind to my heart's content like in awakening, which was :perfect:

I ordered this so maybe this one will stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

quoting for TMS

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Barreft posted:

oh my gerd I miss 3 Hopes. I hate being called by a title and not a name, and it's been at least 20 times these 2 hours alone lol

gameplay rules though

Shephard.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

When does this unlock?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Where is the "grind levels and gold" map?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

is the expansion pass worth it? how are the 3H units

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

He looks like a very distinguished gentleman

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Put almost 2h into engage finally, got to the base, picked up loot, explored, rested (whatever that does) picked up loot again before I had to put it down. Found some manure, debating giving someone on my team poop just because.

otherwise I'll be playing this till 4am when I need to be up at 7am

So far I'm not seeing the complaints

story is very anime and I LOVE the voice acting, it's perfect, especially from the lady main character

graphics aren't a complete powerpoint slideshow like 3 houses

the only complaint is that the cutscenes really jump over whole segments that shouldn't be jumped over at all. "hey this place, every time i come back here, it's always awesome" says the amnesiac and the player has never seen this area before

:whoptc:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Where should I go to grind levels/gold? How do I do that? I like to steamroll the AI, big number gives the dopamine

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm debating getting the expansion, I'm so far pleased with the game compared to being horribly bored by 3h

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

If you want to break the game in two, Tiki is there for you enhancing everyones growth rate by 15%. Also no real grinding in this game, skirmishes start to spawn after ch7 on hard and like ch11 on maddening? But theyre limited and take real time to re-appear.

That sounds great

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

jimmydalad posted:

I managed to do it through a mixture of Astra Storm and my Paladin Goldmary with Sigurd either running down at the seige weapons or tanking it alongside Panette + Ike. Paladin Goldmary and Sigurd are turning out to be extremely absurd as with the Starsphere on her, Goldmary has gotten multiple levels where she gains every stat but two. I had to go down to my last time rewind for Leif but I managed. Him and Eirika definitely have some of the hardest paralogues.

I’m unsure if I should reclass Panette into Warrior or keep her in Berserker. S rank axes seem cool but she’s already hit caps in Dex and Defense and she probably could be getting more levels elsewhere. She’s already nearing level 20 in Berserker so I don’t know.

EDIT: I forgot to include this tweet:

https://twitter.com/branmci/status/1618744655851700225?s=46&t=VP_VYnKlyoRkDIhfGe31rQ

Alear do be suffering.

who's the VA for femalear?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Just got to chapter 7 in Engage, I am liking this a hell of a lot more than 3H

The story is campy as hell, the MC is way too trusting, but the english va is great and the combat is fun

I got the donnyJean character so I can't wait to get him some other class and break the game over my knee

I have no idea what to upgrade I'm just tossing bond points left and right at the gatcharing summons

still haven't figured out how to summon tiki or whomever but I got the 3H characters

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Who should I spend my Stat up items on? Just dump them all into Jean or spread them out?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Idk who my fave is yet, I just started chp 7

I hear Anna is in the game so probably her, I liked merchant lady in previous games

Man I wish they'd re-release awakening for the switch

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I ended up giving Citrinne Sigurd and a forged Thoron tome. Also made her a mage knight, because she rocks the hell out of its little half-cape. She makes a good railgun, zooming in to deliver a big momentum-boosted hit at range and cantering to safety.

Just before chapter 7 is exactly when you should know who your fave is, though?

Though I guess Yunaka doesn't really need any stat boosters.

Yunaka is very adorable and charming

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The game also yells at you in icon form if you try to attack something that you're weak against

also, I guess I should have just emulated the game, there's some rad mods

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

Why can't I combine my partially consumed vulneraries or other consumable items into a full stack?

Yes, this

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just unlocked and decorated some relay card, what benefits do I get out of doing relay

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Supremezero posted:

Good thing we don't have to give a poo poo anymore huh

wow, that makes sense why some of my units stopped gaining hearts during a map :\

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

You guys are talking about Stat spreads and I'm still going "should I make this named weapon a +2" :birdthunk:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I actually just got done playing a little bit of SRW30 and I hope I can see Lelouch soon

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I have no idea if I'm speccing people correctly, probably not, but I don't care anymore in games. someone didn't get their +5 stat because I didn't pick this conversation option, whoops

now I just have to remind myself this every time I play persona

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just saw dark lucina, give it to meeee

What a goofy character design for the weird bubblegum character, but I like the English voice actor for Rosado, will they be a playable character?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I have a few of the starting classes reach level ten, should I leave them in their class, or use this master token to evolve them into something else? I just got alcryst.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Veryslightlymad posted:

I held off on almost everyone until I could promote the whole squad, which, having a squad of "all of the characters" made this take a long rear end time. Nearly all my units promoted at 18.

And then thieves and dancers "special" classes with different level caps. So now I have to remember to subtract 18 from them to figure out their turn in the rotation.

This sounds very frustrating, I don't think I'd go through the effort to keep track

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I beat awakening on hard back in the day, and stepped my toe into maddening or whatever it was called, but if a game is that hard, where you savescum your way to victory, it's just honestly a waste of time to play that way. May as well drop it down and you'll save yourself some time

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I upgraded alear from dragon kid to dragon adult and I think I'll upgrade anna next to berserker, she technically so far has better stats than boucheron

how rare are these master seals? i also see second seals

also I'm starting chapter 8 now, how do I get more bond fragments? I feel like I'm doing everything I can possibly do between each mission and I go to merge some bond rings or summon them and it's a massive sink

also gently caress YEAH ROY showed up I hope I don't get them stolen or whatever before having the chance to use him

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Harrow posted:

Are you checking the achievement board between every map? That's where most of them come from.

RIP then lol

about to start chapter 9

it's hard to not just use your favorites

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

casual and no rewinds except one or two. I just unlocked tiki and lost jean halfway through the map and couldn't be assed to rewind just to unfuck it so I kept going (and it was really only because I respec'd him immediately before so he'd be learning something more useful)

I had respecc'd anna to be a berserker and stuck Leif on her and she is a BEAST

at one point she was doing 41x2 dmg attacks but it didn't matter because she had a 9% crit and kept critting on the first attack for 60-96~ damage on a tank, which just one shots them.

Her defense if surrounded wouldn't last but I just made celine a healbot and it worked out fine

I much prefer this way of progression for weapons instead of 3H, that was so tedious

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It strikes me that rewinding doesn't actually rewind any attack or crit values; in other words if you get killed and move a character, and the npc follows the moved character and attacks them in a different location, the combat resolution is still the same. They'd have to get attacked by a different character for the value to change. Seems odd to me.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Harrow posted:

Level ups are pre-rolled at the start of a map, too, so you can't rewind to get better level ups.

that's lame-o. I kind of wish there wasn't random stat ups every level but it doesn't seem like that is going away

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

IDK who it is, but whomever can stop having their horse climb up the stairs and leave a big dookie in the Somniel for me to pick up, that'd be great thanks. I keep finding it in this one spot.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

every time you give it to someone they go there to try and hide it from you, clearly

I've been periodically giving it to Lapis because I heard she might want it, otherwise idk what the gently caress to do with it

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I collected all the DLC emblems, time to dump all my relay tickets and then do all the skirmishes and then take on chapter 9

I wish it was easier to be overleveled in this game without all the extra grinding

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

mycatscrimes posted:

Are you on Maddening? On Hard I feel like just doing the paralouges overlevels you without touching skirmishes.

No I'm on casual.

I want the game to be easy like mid to endgame Fallout. I'm working on it, but, it's taking some effort

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cool, the silver card is locked to one specific map you needed to have a flyer for. That would have been useful to know....ahead of time. or maybe just not unlocked that way.

and I hear no ng+ which is lame

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Barreft posted:

warp and rewarp staffs, they drop in the map

plus you can replay the map

guide says I can't get the item again until there's a skirmish

Blaziken386 posted:

you don't need a flyer, you need a warp/rewarp staff, which drops from the enemy staff users on that very map

yeah I didn't think to do that

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Chapter 10 and 11 are back to back, huh, drat, that took longer than I expected.

also BRO-dia, cause, BROthers :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Just picked this back up (Metroid Prime Remastered dropped and took priority) and finished Chapter 10 last night. I knew the ring theft was coming because I've been reading the thread, but it was still cool and impactful. It taps into what made, say, Aeris' death work in FFVII, which is that it messes with your actual gameplay mechanics that you just assume are safe. If something happens to a character that "only" affects the story, yeah it's a big deal, but it's not entirely unexpected. When your party is tangibly impacted it really hits you because you keep thinking "Ah no way, they're gonna reset this by the end of the cutscene because the game wouldn't take away my stuff like that", and then the cutscene keeps going and you start the next chapter with your poo poo all gone... that feels so meaningful.

I knew it was coming but I was still annoyed. Then I realized they didn't take away the DLC rings, but when the later part happens it overwrote my dlc rings with the ones they wanted to give me for story reasons and that annoyed me again. I had a handle on it. Also I thought it was cool that they put several revive stones on the Hounds and the fell child, basically saying "You could technically fight these, but you really shouldn't". It makes me wonder if they had some cool lines if you did fight them, or what do they say if you beat them? I didn't bother to try, the fell child had 3 revive stones at 42? HP each, with great stats and reach. Even if I HAD the rings it would have been a bloodbath.