Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Terper posted:

I loving love Sommie so much he's such a lil' guy

Really all we need to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

BigOwlGuyBMJ posted:

I will not ENGAGE in this sommie discourse. Feh is a better mascot.

Whatever, birdbrain!!!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

That's how you get Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Sounds great!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Nice, I’ve also seen Free!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Terper posted:

My Switch is Engaging

Nice tiles, posters of culture.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Endorph posted:

predictions for thread discourse:

who you can/cant gay ending with
rosado as a concept
'anime'
alear's hair

-sommie

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I can't say where 3 houses fits in the broad scope of all FE games (it's my third) but I'd say it's quite enjoyable on the whole, and it has stoked my interest in the franchise. I wouldn't be psyched to play engage (and to go back and emulate the rest afterwards) if I didn't play it. This, I imagine, was its job.

FrickenMoron posted:

Edit: Realtalk, did anyone buy the season pass thing?

First run vanilla, and if I like it then yes I will.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

If one of the chapters has an enemy using Sigurd that Engage surprise moves 12 tiles out of fog of war and stabs your healer in the face this will be the best Fire Emblem ever made

This was my first thought lol, followed by an enemy using the warp engage to teleport to your weakest unit and ohko them

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

galagazombie posted:

Has there been a single FE game that hasn’t had dubtitles though? You might not hear it with your ears, but when the words “Divine One” scroll across the text box for the one hundredth time in as many seconds, you will hear it with your soul.

Don't have to read the subtitles if you know Japanese!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

As somebody who just shot through all of 3H less reclassing sounds great. I kinda want to just focus on the maps and long term builds for my favorite units at a challenging difficulty

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Kanos posted:

It's interesting that they talk about 3H's animations being more subdued because they were held back by the battalion system.

Battalions really are the worst!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

How does it feel having full engage meter from the start (I think that's correct?) with the maps so far?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Nice thanks, I was curious about the tuning but it sounds like it's not an issue on hard+.

Fully excited for armor units to be relevant after too many hours of 3H. I'm ready to bring The Wall!!!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Early on so whatever, but I've only been using vander to soften up enemies for the others to kill and to take some blows and he works beautifully for that.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Can’t really tell how worthwhile country donations are. The gold cost feels pretty steep…

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Just how much of a bonus is Jean’s personal skill?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Yeah I only made enough bond rings so that everyone could earn sp when it unlocked and haven’t touched it since.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

*STR starved Alear gains one point in HP and RES*

Boucheron: “I was almost moved to tears to see you grow like that.”

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Harrow posted:

Y'know I do sorta want to make Anna a mage, but also I already have Céline and Citrinne right here doing that just fine (and Clanne, though he refused to gain Mag for a while so has been warming the bench) so it's probably not worth the seal.

It is sorta hard to justify using units you have to train when the game hands you competent units and prepromotes at what seems to be a pretty steady rate. Which is cool, it's fun having people rotate in and out, and I guess that's where the replay value's going to come in (what if I commit to using all the Firenese units for the whole game? how busted can I make Framme and Clanne? what about if I don't use prepromotes? could an Iron Man work? etc.)

I feel the same way except for Jean who I’ve been bringing on a lark for 10 deploy maps and the guy just keeps getting 5+ stat level ups. His personal just seems too good to pass up. But I guess that’s his unit archetype after all

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Overbite posted:

The main thing I liked about three houses was that because of the way the routes worked all the characters had at least some part in the story, or at the very least they would say things in cutscenes. Now that we’re back to the old way I know that once a character gets their lines in their intro chapter and they aren’t a lord then they will never speak again except for supports. It’s a shame.

Also if I’m on normal do I gotta worry about growths and whatnot? I wanna use who I like in the jobs I want them in, like how I want Anna to keep using axes because it’s funny. Put her in the giant armor.

I have not played normal but from all reports I have heard you should be fine to do basically whatever you want

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Tae posted:

Chapter 13 and 14 is really showing how bad the cutscene directing is. A lot of standing around with talking direct in front of a threat.

Yeah nothing has changed in this regard unfortunately.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Yeah I haven't done the canter relay because 1. lazy, 2. I want to experiment on my first run, 3. I'm playing hard so it doesn't matter too terribly much still, and 4. coming off of 3 straight 3H runs I am desperately craving class + skill variety

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

So far I haven't met a character whose C (and many B) supports save for one are all screaming and sobbing at someone doing a normal thing so in that respect Engage is winning at the moment

(Bernie still owns, however)

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Sudden Javelin posted:

got my first rank G dish earlier. absolute heroes choking down a plate of burnt

I was wondering how low the rankings would go. Lol that it goes below F

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

if only sommie could equip the wig and the shades at the same time...

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I like that sometimes characters will guilt trip you for not bringing them into battle and you get a measly 10 fragments

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

You'll be fine if you don't, redo it if you like him. Personally speaking I wouldn't do poo poo for vander lol.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Do we know if anything special happens if you do?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Celine's supports seems to come in one of two varieties (spoilers I guess):

C-Rank: I do so love tea.
B-Rank: I have been informed that the supply of tea leaves is being threatened by highwaymen.
A-Rank: -wiping blood off sword- The tea supply channel issue has been resolved. Permanently.

John Celine: The bandits have been compromised to a permanent end.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

JBP posted:

How do I make the other characters talk to each other when they get a support rank? I get the little icon but don't know what to do with it.

In the somniel go to menu, then Reference -> Support

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

finally got off my rear end and properly refined + engraved my killer weapons. what a difference! panette and kagetsu are up front committing war crimes, while alcryst shoots for more crits from a distance and laughs in luna when he doesn't. even chloe joins in when she isn't flame lancing or spot healing. crit fishing this game is really fun!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Endorph posted:

Alfred's averages at level 11 are

HP: 32
STR: 12
DEX: 12
SPD: 9
DEF: 12
RES: 7
LCK: 11

Amber's joining stats are

HP: 31
STR: 15
DEX: 13
SPD: 11
DEF: 9
RES: 3
LCK: 9

Their averages at level 20 are

Alfred

HP: 39
STR: 17
DEX: 16
SPD: 13
DEF: 17
RES: 9
LCK: 16

Amber

HP: 37
STR: 20
SKL: 16
SPD: 13
DEF: 12
RES: 4
LCK: 13

Obviously if you early promote either of them this varies but what's going on here is pretty clear. Amber will definitely beat out Alfred when he joins but over time Alfred is the tanky one and Amber is the strong one. I'd compare it to Lowen and Sain in FE7 or something.

Wow, I really didn’t give Alfred a fair shake. Seems like IkeFred could be a decently tanky combo with good mobility and full weapon triangle in his special class.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

By god I will eke out as much exp out of a boss as possible, and rewinds let me do it.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

For me skirmishes are mainly there to win with my b squads by the skin of my teeth as a fun challenge, and to maybe win some gold as well. If you don’t want to bother with that though then yeah investing is kind of a waste past getting all the pets (very important) and the very first resource bump in lv 2

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lyn is a great emblem, so many units want her in some capacity. Speed is king!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I like three houses a lot. but there is this halo effect around it when people are talking about engage, and as somebody who just went from that game to this one it's quite frankly a little baffling.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

w/r/t 3h it just feels like people are remembering a different game than the one I just finished playing right before Engage.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Jokerfied Dimitri and Punished Dimitri are two of the funniest things in that game, so Blue Lions route is ok in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Default Fogado has been nowhere near as useful as default Alcryst but he’s been decent for mag bow usage, the sword backup type and his cav mobility.