Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Lapis would be SSS Rank on that tier list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Syrnn posted:

Is there somewhere that spells out what Dragon type does with an emblem? The in game guide is just like "gets more benefit when engaged", but doesn't actually say what that entails. The UI in this game can be a bit obtuse.

When you equip an Emblem to a character, look to see if any of the skills the Emblem grants the character has the words "Type Bonus" on the skill icon. If they do, use the view details function to see what the actual bonus is. For example, if you give Lyn to a Covert unit and view details on Astra Storm, it'll give the normal description of the skill, then afterwards say "[Covert]: +10 Range" or something like that.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Barreft posted:

inc NSFW

:mods:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

How can I get the weapon proficiency?
I asked earlier about Leif and people werev saying that classes were a track

On the class change screen, under the character's model on the left side of the screen should be a box with 8 icons for the different weapon proficiencies. If the icon is greyed out, you're not proficient. If it's white, you're proficient. If it's blue, it's that character's innate talent, which gives them proficiency, and also makes it so that if you promote into a class with two weapons including the talented one, the talented weapon proficiency will be one rank higher than normal.

You learn weapon proficiencies by hitting specific bond levels with the different Emblems. It confused the hell out of me, too, at first when I was seeing messages that my characters had gained proficiency in a weapon, but I couldn't actually equip them with those weapons.

Each base class has specific advanced classes that they have to promote into, but once you're in an advanced class, you can use a Second Seal to switch to any other advanced class you meet the weapon proficiency requirements for.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 12, 2023

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Fe having historically lovely inventory/ui systems makes durability bad.

Why cant i just chug a tonic from the incentory?

Why the gently caress can i only buy 1 single steel at a time from the flea shop?

Why can't I combine my partially consumed vulneraries or other consumable items into a full stack?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Celica's Paralogue done. A comedy in three acts:

Turn 1 of Celica's Paralogue, Player Phase
Me: "Let's see... I realize it's Normal and the AI is kinda dumb, but there's no way she'll actually Leeroy Jenkins herself all the way across the map if I step on this one tile at the very edge of her Warp Ragnarok range, right?"

Turn 1 of Celica's Paralogue, Enemy Phase
Celica: "FUCKIN' YOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" :byodood: *yeets herself across the map with Warp Ragnarok and deals a whopping 4 damage to Ivy*

Turn 2 of Celica's Paralogue, Player Phase
Me: "... Okay then." *Thoron from Celine, Tomahawk from Diamant, first health bar deleted, Cataclysm from Ivy w/Draconic Hex attached, Nosferatu from Hortensia polishes off the second health bar, map ends*

Half-tempted to go back and do it properly for the gold and experience but... :effort:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

ungulateman posted:

also i just got another brainblast:

peg knights being female-only makes even less sense with the greek/roman inspiration behind fe1. pegasus was literally the mount of perseus!!!

No he wasn't. Perseus had flying sandals that he got from Athena, which were similar to the ones Hermes had. Pegasus was born from Medusa's corpse after Perseus cut her head off.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

That's the bow knight skill.

Edit
And I agree, it kinda sucks!

Yeah, the only real case use I can think of for the Bow Knight skill is if you've got axes as their secondary weapon and you wanna chuck a tomahawk at something that's already in range. And even that's not likely to happen because tomahawks require B rank proficiency and Bow Knights cap at C rank on their secondary weapon unless you have the innate talent, which means your Bow Knight would have to be either Vander, Boucheron, Jade, Rosado or Saphir.

And even then you would probably still be better off giving the tomahawk to a dedicated Axe using class instead.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

You can also just walk around the outside of the fort if you really, really hate yourself

I just sent Chloe around the perimeter to get it. My only staff users at the time were Framme and Yunaka with Micaiah, neither of whom had the staff rank necessary for the warp staff, and I didn't want to risk using Warp Ragnarok to get outside and then have to slowly walk all the way back.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'll have to do more of the main quest, 40 hours in and cleared 14 and theres what 26? sounds like another 10-20 hours unless I just beeline the msq.

No idea what to change Alear's class into after Divine Dragon...do I just...second seal her back to lvl1? She's 19.5 so it's coming up soon.

I wanna make jean into a mage knight, he's a decently good mage but everyone needs way more mobility, so the horsemen or air units seem like a good buy. I just gotta figure out how to get him to have sword prof, not quite sure how to do that, do I just equip an emblem with that skill before going into change class?

Yeah, if you don't have a plan for Alear, just second seal her back down to level 1 in Divine Dragon; she won't lose any stats, and she'll even keep her class skill that she learned at level 5.

To gain a weapon proficiency, you need to have the character reach a specific bond level with an Emblem who teaches that proficiency. For where you're at in the game Lyn teaches Sword at Bond level 8, Ike teaches it at Bond level 9, and Lucina teaches it at Bond level 6. Note that when a character learns a weapon proficiency, it's only for the purposes of changing jobs. You're still restricted in what weapons you can actually use based on what class you currently are.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

edit: byleth has a 1.2x xp boost for people near him, I wonder if it stacks

It does!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

you know, i have to say, i'm not fond of the whole "have to use alear in relay trials" and "need to spend a ticket for each relay trial"

because while yes, you can get rewards from doing other people's trials, the fact that you can also have another player grab your alear and purposefully run them deep into enemy territory by their lonesome is not great!! seems like an easy way for trolls to gently caress with you. If the loss condition is party wipe/time out, that's a lot harder for one jackass to achieve.

I've only ever had one relay trial I've done end in failure because of someone getting my Alear killed, and that was a friend who had a brainfart and forgot that rewinds aren't available in relay trials.

Every other trial I've been in, both ones I've started and ones I've joined, other players are more prone to moving Alear away from the enemies if it looks like they're in danger of dying, since if the trial fails all you get is a pittance of gold.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

on the one hand: yay more emblems
on the other: its already so hard to pick and choose who to use

wonder what skills they have and how absurdly broken they'll be

Also what their Engrave bonuses are

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Eletriarnation posted:

Poor Eliwood. Supposed to be the main character of his game, but got eclipsed by both the tutorial and the alternative unlockable MCs.

At least he gets a Bond ring with a useful skill attached to it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Neat thing I found:

https://twitter.com/WT_Fits/status/1637245990272110593

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Fire Emblem Heroes posted:

Notification about Distribution Ending for Nintendo Switch Game Bonus Code My Nintendo Reward

Distribution for the Nintendo Switch Game Bonus Code + 5 Orbs My Nintendo Reward, from which you can get items in both the Fire Emblem Engage and Fire Emblem Heroes games, will end on 4/4/23 at 7:59 pm.

If you wish to redeem this reward, please do so as soon as possible! Please see [link to explanation on how to redeem the code] for details on what is included in the reward, how to redeem it, and more.

After 4/4/23 at 8:00 p.m., you will be able to get Order of Heroes items that can be used in Fire Emblem Engage via the Nintendo eShop as free DLC.

Note: If you've already obtained the Order of Heroes items via the Bonus Code, you will not be able to download the contents again via the eShop.