Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Chainsaw Man is very inspired by Western media so it's not really what I would call the average anime, but anyone playing the anime-rear end game posting in the anime-rear end game thread probably doesn't belong that subset of goons.

You can just say "I don't like this style." You don't need to twist around how anime it is or the ethics of making everyone look young and an appealing design. Overreasoning opinions is how you end up with such brainrot takes as "Steven Universe was made by Nazi pedophiles".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Does it have to be Alear? It could be JP noticed it but decided to remove the portrait instead of redoing the shot and thus that Emblem could be anyone. It is a 13th Emblem for sure, true.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Zoran posted:

Not explicitly, but the person with access to the preview initially posted a follow-up that very strongly suggested the guess was right and expressed astonishment at how that bold the JP marketing team was to post a video that just barely kept some crucial plot element out of frame. They've since edited that out.

...it's gonna turn out we're not the real Alear and actually Sombron's kid or smth, and the true Alear (of the opposite gender as yours) is the final Emblem, and Marth and the Stewards were put to keep an eye on them, ins't it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh god it's worse than that. Tae's post made me check Serenes Forest to see if Tiki's Emblem does turn units into the Dragon subclass.

There's a loving slot between Tiki and Byleth. And it's even on the English trailer! Either Nintendo doesn't gaf about spoiling poo poo themselves, or someone got fired from the promo team.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Endorph posted:

intsys did next to nothing on three houses or three hopes. if you look at the credits for both games 99% of the development staff is kt/omega force people. programmers, writers, etc. theres the director/producer roles that are intsys guys but by and large it seems like the game was fairly outsourced. three hopes' credits list is largely similar.

The truth is it will be revealed IntSys also did nothing on Engage, except this time it will have been made by Gust and have more lesbian endings than every single game in the series together.

(Disclaimer: I never played Atelier so not sure how much male gay it has).

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Endorph posted:

well most of the dudes are there for otome game stuff but this happened once

had to crop this image due to a surprising amount of dude rear end

I correct my statement then, it will have more gay endings in general and we'll also get a CG of Vander in a bathtowel.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

not a bot posted:

Screenshots from the art book have been posted online. The game uses Unity and not the engine Gust uses, also no mentions of Gust or Koei-Tecmo in the IP section of the book, so most likely Gust involvement is very low or Gust didn't work on the game at all.

Yeah, it was mostly a joke based on the leaks that said Gust helped develop the game.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The only leak I want to know is how much romance and of what kind there is since that's how I'll choose my Alear. But I understand that either takes until endgame/datamining to know.

EDIT: Cause to clarify, I'm getting the game and it looks loving awesome.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

At the very least you can choose your preferred gender and go for the character you like for the S supports. While "everyone is bi" usually hurts from a writing standpoint it's cool to not be limited in options. I just hope Leak Dude is mildly romantic.

I'd laugh if Vander and Bigger Leak Dude were among the romantic ones because lmao at IS giving us the gay old man support at the cost of Rosado in the localization.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Endorph posted:

late game recruit spoilers

if you mean mauvier by 'leak dude', his s support is fairly romantic. 'i thought i would never know happiness. now, i only know it. i shall always be by your side.'

if you mean linden, his support is just 'my wifes dead' basically

Thank you very much. I was referring to both, but Mauvier was in the initial leak ages ago and Linden was in the recent one that's why I referred to them as that.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

3H also commits the sin of wanting you to play multiple times for the whole pictures but repeat playthroughs being an absolite chore between White Clouds being the exact same 95% and monastery alreadi staying it's welcome by the end of your first playthrough.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

No, from the news you have to link the account inside FEH, then go to rewards on the Nintendo Account website, redeem it for a code, and use the code on the E-Shop to get the bonuses.

I wonder how faithful to FEH will they be. Like Folkvangr just has Att/Res when HP is not full and extra Triangle advantage, but Fensalir nulls bonuses and Noatun lets you Warp to allies.

Sharena's ring better have an ally buffing skill though, let her make friends in other games IS.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh, a heads up: the bonus code from FEH for the FEH weapons can only be redeemed from the My Nintendo Rewards accesible from FEH, not the normal web site. So you do have to redownload de game if you linked your account but deleted the game.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Cleared up to Ch. 3 and indeed, difficulty seems more balanced than 3H, on Hard enemies can actually pack a punch and the Ch 2 Boss jumpscared me almost killing Vander.

Also even if the plot is simple for now I give it 100 points for being the first time in the franchise someone actually tried to use a healing staff on story scenes.

Unless I'm forgetting something and like Micaiah saved someone with Sacrifice or smthm

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The true mystery from Engage is why are half the downtime clothes formal attire and half casual hoodies from Uniqlo.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

For the people who say forging Framme's scroll and giving her an emblem ring makes her a good combat unit, is it forging it to +X or turning it into a Steel scroll?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay wow, what a difference of like 3MT does to Framme. She went from healbot to actually a good option VS mages and archers.

Is there any consensus on which units enjoy most which rings? For now I beat Chapter 6 and got Marth on Alear (Yunaka probably enjoys him too thanks to avo bonuses?), Celica on Celine (I guess any mage likes her), Sigurd on Louis to make him a murderball who distracts everyone and I guess Micaiah prefers to be on mounted units for more mov? No idea who to give THREE HOUSES to though, too many skills to check.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Einander posted:

With Second Seals, you always have more room to level, so you can't ever "lose out" on levels. It's just a matter of how much money it'll cost to get them.

Big problem is I've heard game is stingy with money if you don't grind.

Granted, it's probably a cost/bonus based on how much EXP you get, how good the bonuses are, how much you need extra stats now...

Specially if you're like my Alear who refuses to gain any STR, I'm half temoted to give him an Energy Drop.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh yeah, absolutely, the game isn't subtle about that (Ch6 spoilers) Between Veyle looking for her sibling (who is absolutely Alear), the evil redheaded flashbacks and Zephia saying Lumera never had progeny Alear is 100% Sombron's kid/an unrelated evil dragon who was mindwiped into being good.

...gently caress, I just realized Veyle's stone could be Alear's dragonstone if dragons still need one on this setting.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Clanne feels like one of the best characters in the earlygame tbh.

Even if that is just because he is a mage fast enough to double a lot of dudes.

Eh, I felt like he lacks in damage and you get Celine like 3 chapters later who feels just better than him, specially since she gets extra powerful vulnearies.

Framme meanwhile is your only healer till you get Emblem Micaiah, and scrolls beong brave weapons means she can pack a punch with Alear's personal and a forged scroll. Frail as gently caress ofc.

Also, people complaining about Tiki's paralogue being tedious af, but is it hard? I wanna turn my guys into dragons ASAP.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's got one real rude enemy type whose attack ignores defense and sets your movement to 0 for a turn, but if you've got a way to handle those you should be set.

Okay, I'll wait a few chapter then for more unit variety since I still have just 1 sword in Alear.

Tae posted:

You get a second mage really quickly after Celine and not long after that, you can second seal Anna into a mage that will almost immediately match Clanne's stats while having infinitely better growths.

Yeah, it's mostly that, sure he's useful but I see him outclassed in no time. Also he barely doubles IMO, except knights but every mage can double knights.

A bit of an aside, but are there any restrictions on engraving emblems in weapons? Because 100 bond fragments for a free boost to Mt, less Wt and such seems... really good. Is it one per weapon? Also what was the difference vetween Avoid and Dodge, the crit evasion?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Endorph posted:

people are mostly complaining because its not like the versions of fe4 and 3h they made up in their heads after playing them once years ago and forgetting most of the details

I'm wondering how many of the people complaining about Alear being constantly worshipped remember 3H, the game where you are a descentdant/reincarnation/avatar of God, every student fawns over you to the point most of them will betray their country to join your house, Edelgard and Rhea specifically are unhealthyly obsessed with you even not in their route and the only people not fawning over you are Seteth (initially), Hubert (already has Edelgard for that) and the mole people who are caricature villains.

Like really, if Kris in FE12 is avatar worshuo Byleth is much worse on every level, thinking about it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Endorph posted:

mostly byleth being silent allows people to project a personality they can deal with onto them. i like byleth way more than kris, robin, or corrin for basically that exact reason.

Huh, true. I guess 3H is really good at letting you project into it and fill the gaps, such as how the game has enough worldbuilding to help you develop more the countries in your mind.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Talking about promotions my Louis is already level 11 so I was thinking of promoting him with Anna's paralogue's Master Seal. But I'm wondering if to go General or Great Knight. General gives him a wooping 3 STR, but Great Knight has the extra move and the 3 damage reduction skill if you're sandwhiched between an ally and enemy...

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ooh shoot I forgot about that. Yeah general 100% then, not gonna lose my only monster.

That said, promotion bonuses seem to be 1-3 stats across the boards, so I'm not sure if to wait 1 or 2 more levels for some extra Def and HP, even if internal level means there's 0 penalty for promoting now.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

hopeandjoy posted:

I mean he’s going to get better growths from promotion so if you want more stats, just promote.

I think I might have been scarred by all those NEVER PROMOTE UNTIL 20!!! from decades ago.

But if I could get over using Jeigans I can get over early promotions, specialky if I can make Louis even more broken than he already is.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TIL Emblems can appear on standard Arena. Cue Edelgard beating up a kid for 1.5x their HP with an axe :v:

At least Jean got an almost perfect level out of it, after a few almost empty levels. Sometimes it feels like I'm playing Fixed mode because my dudes will have 1-2 bad levels and then a great one. Except everyone gets Speed and nobody gets Str/Mag which is slightly annoying me.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just cleared chapter 7 and lmao Hortensia, you could have murdered Louis with a Fire spell but you had to go for show with the Engage attack dealing like 10 damage tops lmao. I feel this is where the early game hell starts tampering down. Still refreshing to be pushed into Player Phase instead of letting enemies die to a murder unit.

Also I'm crushed into Decision paralysis, not sure if to promote Chloe into Gryphon for S Lances, Wyvern to patch up attack, Celine/Alcryst/his retainers for fun, or Framme for that sweet +3 to STR and BLD (even if the gains suck otherwise).

I'm also wondering if future base class recruits will come with extra proficiencies cause otherwise you'd need prepromote Heroes and Mage Knights and etc to have those classes.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It's basically a question of short-long term benefits that depends on the game. Things like promotion gains, available exp, caps, etc. Games like FE6 you wanted to promote earlier since the gains were busted.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Gamerofthegame posted:

I think promoting sets the stats to a minimum, so it still saves a few units you were unlucky on outside of maddening

It's not 100% that, Framme loses Res when promoting to Master Monk according to my game.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm sure it's also the only way to get S rank on multi weapon classes, like Swordmaster and Sage have natural S Ranks but Paladins have A unless it's your base one.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Tae posted:

What are the ??? weapons at the very bottom of refinement options?

It lets you upgrade the weapon to the next tier (Like training/Iron/Steel)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ya know, it's funny how the game has made cavalry look unappealing by giving them no unique bonus besides 1 extra move. Like why would I promote a mage to Mage Knight instead of keeping the ignore terrain bonus (which is important given +30 avoid is the minimum)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Blaziken386 posted:

because the horsey gets a little wizard hat of their own and if you don't think thats rad as hell you're wrong

I never saw the models so I retract myself, Mage Knight is the only valid promotion.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I really gotta get to chapter 11 so I can read the CIA documents. But I also wanna do Tiki's paralogue first since I do know what happens there mechanically and I absolutely don't wanna do it with just 2 Emblems.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It's not like it's easy to get Canto on everyone early on without abusing Micaiah's multi targeting for faster SP per second.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Amppelix posted:

that pic came from a real piece of work "anti-localisation" chud twitter account so i wouldn't trust the translation unconditionally, but given that he was trying to make the official version seem bad for removing this maybe we can lol

From what I can understand from my knowledge of Japanese the translation is sadly accurate. The only sticking point is Anna uses 大切な人 which literally means important person and can be both romantic and platonic, but Alear uses 恋人 which is explicitly romantic partner so :yikes:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Endorph posted:

they could have had a couple characters pop up in the emblem paralogues but i also get they mostly wanted the emblem paralogues to be cute references to previous games rather than doing a lot of heavy lifting writing wise

in general this game definitely feels meant to be a cute little game to celebrate the series anniversary.

also, interesting note related to that, the internal files refer to the game as 'iron19,' the internal name for all the fe games is iron___. They count the satellaview fire emblem game (BS fire emblem), so what we'd know as FE7 is iron8, etc. The internal name for three houses was iron17. Three Hopes's internal files do not refer to it as iron18.

So in other words, there's a game that started development after Three Houses but before Engage.

Man iron18 must be a mess right now, given Engage seems to have been finished for a while going by the initial leaks but it started after 18.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Dr Pepper posted:

I honestly have for wonder if this is a glitch because it doesn't make sense otherwise

Eh, 50/50. Could be tlcharacters are meant to give other lines after the levelling/deploy line but developers forgot to make them come up once or it could be intentional.

Honestly I would have not put those "getting strongah arentcha" lines in at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

God, I'm crippled with decision paralysis after chapter 8. On reclassing had no problem, just put Jean as a Lance fighter (since there's apparently no natural users of the class? wtf IS) and Anna a Mage.

But on forges and Master Seals I'm overwhelmed, I'd like to get some magic/Killer weapons but also forge a super powerful dagger or smth. And promoting at 10 means 80% of my army can promote and I'm not sure who to upgrade besides Louis and Chloe. I'm a weak being :negative: