Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

curried lamb of God posted:

The Acuras sound good too, but man, that Caddy is insane

First-time viewer here, Gran Turismo got me interested in sportscar racing. Where's the 787B

One thing I'll always say for simracing this.

Want to put a 787B on the same track as a GTP, 4 touring cars, a 1973 F1 car and a Geo Metro? Go hog wild.

I'm sure it'll end well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Oh did it drop more than they thought overnight then, about when I was watching yesterday evening UK they didn't expect it to go below 60F track temp.

EDIT : Yeah it's 67F out there right now at 5:30am, not exactly near freezing.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jan 29, 2023

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's not exactly subtle they're gonna jam Rossi in the hypercar as soon as they can get away with it.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah he was full time in GT3 all year (and bits while he was still in bikes). The FIA call him a silver so a very good option for a P2 team this year especially if BMW are dropping a few bucks because he'd be bank in an LMDh.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

He was silver last year too it seems but they're not gonna stop you being Pro if you want to be I guess.

Maybe he didn't want to be seen losing as an "Am".

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Before the safety car came out Rossi was holding onto a credible 3rd a second slower a lap than the cars in front of him

Yeah, given he's racing the literal best there that's what BMW want to see. Still expecting LMP2 this year at LeMans, BMW Hypercar Drive next.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

Would not be surprised if one of the two WEC BMW Hypercars for next year has a fluorescent yellow 46 on it. Rossi is a draw, and isn’t making GBS threads it up too badly in the car either.

I’ll try to fill out the OPs a bit more soon, it’s still early in the year but sports car world, WRC and Formula E are all getting going. Racing doesn’t stop!

I think it's a near certainty, even if it takes a tiny bit of performance out of the car, he's bank and they would presumably have at least one other car in the race. If you're racing for publicity, Rossi it up, you see how it worked at Bathurst.

He just needs to get close enough and the 12hr was promising on that score.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

orange juche posted:

What is Rossi's FIA driver ranking? Silver? If it is he's definitely someone BMW is going to be interested in keeping, since he's legitimately fast and also fills their lower ranked driver slot in a Pro-Am set up.

However he can only pull that off for this year I think. Once you have 3 years of full time racing you go up to Gold ranking and this is his 2nd year of 4 wheel racing.

He's also quick enough but he only really needs it this year, it won't matter in a hypercar.

And of course as you say a silver that quick is going to have a lot of LMP2 teams on the phone, he pays for himself in merch.

The only possible clash I see is that the BMW is Dallara rather than Oreca based but surely that won't matter.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

There was a thing during the race when... I think it was Shae Adam said the entire Rossi merchandise stand was sold out by the end of the day before the race.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

How do they propose to charge spectators to see road racing. Fine them if they stand in their garden?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, got a whiff of the various Lotii about it.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The only surprise there, other than Jim glickenhaus finding some change down the back of his couch is Action Express, which is great to see.

Actually there's another, Proton have a 963 entered for the WEC and it's not there. Guessing that's not getting delivered on time then.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 28, 2023

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

Action Express apparently won/earned one of the automatic bids from IMSA, so it's nice they can bring the LMDH over (or that three chassis will be over there).

seems like Proton don't think they'll make it to Spa or Le Mans with the 963, which is a bit of a shame.

Yeah, they're entered with 4 911s (3 of which are not WEC entries) so I'm guessing that's the same people redeployed plus the ELMS and IMSA crew.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The other difference is there's BoP now so Peugeot just need to be in the general area whereas Nissan somehow thought they'd be quicker on merit.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah Porsche is altering a Multimatic, the Peugeot is a clean sheet design.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Practice 3 live on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-d6iCogXKg

5 minutes in, Vanwall has already ByKollesed.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Brass Hand posted:

Sarah Bovy owns

I kinda detest the branding around that entry but if it got me a WEC drive I'd paint myself pink too. The important part is they're rocking it even with a change of car.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

coconono posted:

The race marshalls are volunteers? What a racket

Yeah, it's a scam to me. I cringe everytime someone says "We can't go racing without them".

Then maybe your multi billion sport can loving pay the people who could save your life one day.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

tater_salad posted:

Yeah Marshalls for semi pro and pro series should 100% get paid.

The hilarious thing to me is, if I go karting at my local track, the marshals are of course paid.

But the guy fishing Logan Sargent out of the gravel isn't.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Best thing said during the Danish commentary was that Cadillac did impressively well on an European track, considering they probably didn't know where Portimão was without looking at a map.

They've (Ganassi) won LeMans before, they'll probably be ok.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, they don't seem to push it, it's not like Penske who apparently get equal billing.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Some very basic graphics mistakes on the IMSA coverage. They called an LMP2 a Ligier somehow and the 31 caddy became a Porsche at one point.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

They just reshowed the Dacia one, I think the only fair punishment is Porsche are forced to disband as a car company.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

SlowBloke posted:

While I understand accepting weird entries for entertainment reason, having a trabant running in the same race of a gt3 on a narrow track like the nurburgring is not the best. I think they should cut the main race allowed classes to gt4 and up and move the dacia+manta to a "tcr and shittier" dedicated race.

Then it'd be any other generic GT race of which the world has about 9 million.

But regardless I agree with the others the N24 is a race for the club cars in which they allow GT3 and associated types to participate, not a GT3 race with joke entries.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 13:29 on May 21, 2023

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

well, I'd be more worried if they didn't just win the GTE class pit-stop challenge this week with that floor jack and beefy crew of former college American football players :v: :911: I mean they're even doing driver changes through the window like a regular NASCAR, it's fun, it sounds amazing, it's quick down the straights and might just last the whole race. Can't hate it.

Yeah, the car's lap speed isn't really impressive, it'll go as fast as the ACO lets it go while the GTEs are of course heavily restricted and hosed about with, as are the LMP2s.

But that pit stop is all them.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jun 8, 2023

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

On the plus side when the race starts 30% of the coverage won't be of a tall man standing there looking bored.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

Le Mans James

Mods, rename etc

Ok I take it back, now it was worth it.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

USA! USA!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Custard Undies posted:

LOL, that was a weird crash.... like he just turned straight into the barrier

ACO need to sort out their AI lines.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah it's the perfect Garage 56.

I think the test for garage 56 is it must be describable as "Cunting it up like a mad bastard".

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Is every SC going to be 30 minutes of pointless fuckery?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Jesus loving christ.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

If I was a casual fan I'd have tuned out by now.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

refleks posted:

Has Ferrari F1 considered hiring the guy from AF Corse, LITERALLY NAMED FERRARI, to run the team because he seems to be better than 20+ year clownshow...

He isn't any relation either, which is why he's good.

Used to race in the BTCC even.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i know it is still early but iron dames are having the kind of run they deserve, they're always fast but usually get poo poo luck

The silver lining to Lilou being out of the way is she's not between them and the win.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

We've got to the point no-one pits for wets because they expect a 90 minute safety car and don't want to lose track position.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

My old boss called this the "Oh bollocks" moment.

The time between realising you're hosed and the fuckery happening.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Timed that one.

From when they should have gone green to when they actually went green was 23 minutes and 40 seconds.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I'm not sure there's a better way to explain LeMans than a Polish bakery leading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

squirrelzipper posted:

It's best explained when they win

Well the proof is in the pudding.