Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Witch Queen campaign and the build up to it was incredible. Not sure the game will be able to match that level of frenzied anticipation and payoff for me. Sidenote: for years there was a lot of schizoid lore musing on r/ destinylore courtesy of accounts like sanecoin which were all highly entertaining reads but the witch queen reveals put a lid on almost all of it. On the one hand it's kind of a shame. On the other, lol lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Uldren is Jesus.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

he probably does the same thing he did before and his repurposing was ceremonial to generate excitement across the reddit sphere.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

i thought we all liked babydog. why wouldn't you like babydog? what kind of humorless husk are you (talking to no one in particular here)?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Don't forget that higher FoV apparently moves the reticle away from the point of impact for some guns (Crimson!) and has a weird influence on sniper rifle ADS behavior...

All else equal, higher FoV is good, but it does some weird stuff in a few cases

Lol i learned this like three years into playing destiny on pc and when i was already burnt out on crucible. Sometimes this game..

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

On the topic of excitement for Lightfall, I feel like i have that exo condition where the human mind rejects the exo frame except my mind rejects the possibility that there was ever a thriving human city on neptune, during and after the collapse, with their own space wizards.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

holy crap!

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Ghost bites it.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

oh this is amazing.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

I can't think of any reason for traveler ghost to be sagira, other than 'it looks like her', which was also the rationale behind the theory that sagira was the prototype for all the hive ghosts. Morena Baccarin ain't comin' back.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Lethrom posted:

I was just making a joke that Sagira got big because the traveler looks like big Sagira.

sorry i'm more thick headed than usual lately.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

victrix posted:

The game has strayed farther and farther from that (seriously go compare early D1 marketing - armed astronauts meeting the traveler then riding a sparrow on venus to the most recent D2 trailers - some weird loving bug thing hugging a bug baby, smoke conehead man and bondage royal rhino), and I feel like that makes it harder to draw in new fans that aren't already invested (cf. Warframe, let me dig up the text description of their most recent frame description...)

still glad i decided to drop warframe for destiny, in spite of everything (ngl skimping on cross save helped out a lot in that regard)

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

don't tell me yall've never thought about banging your same sex sibling if they had a robot body and you were reborn by a benevolent God as an immortal space wizard.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

I decided to go ahead and get lightfall and play day one as the architects permit me..was not planning on it at all and i'm actually excited!

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

So moon pyramid is nezarecs and crashed into the moon during/after the collapse but k-1 anomaly predates it and was also found on the moon ?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

The codpiece stayed on.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

MarcusSA posted:

So what are we changing the last city's name to then?

Tampa Bay

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

I think if the guy who does all the lore videos is saying “what the gently caress, this is ridiculous and I can’t even understand it” about the story and plot…that’s a huge problem lol

Yeah. This is a major bummer. I'm super into the lore heavy elements of this game and i think i dont actually have to play the game anymore to get my fill of any of that. But tbh I guess it's been that way for a while.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Oxyclean posted:

There is no patterns for the daily exclusive weapons so have fun getting hosed by rng!

I'm not sure The Witness wants death for everything - maybe in the practical sense, but it frames it very differently. From what I understand there's been follow ups that "the original darkness" is basically the Hive's (incorrect) understanding of the final shape/what the witness wants. The Final Shape that Witness seeks, is probably some state where there is no life, because the universe has reached some ultimate state. It's a further extension of "a perfect being" - it would be the perfect state - removing -everything- that does not need to be.

That said I'm half expecting the final shape to end with "Guardians are the final shape" or something like that, and that the final shape is some cosmic balance where there's no outside influence or something.

e: Why in the world has the little menu that lists champion counters just up and vanished for me?

I want to toxx for this because i feel in my bones its going to happen. The final shape is the destiny tricorn.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Very poignant in light of Lightfall being what it is and the marketing job they did with it

I wonder if the Witness feels sorry for Bungie like it does the Traveller.

enough grind. enough crunch.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Lib and let die posted:

i haven't finished the new campaign yet, but i'm enjoying it.

this could be my cynical/contrarian nature but i refuse to take anything that youtube streamers have to say about the quality of the game as any sort of meaningful bellwether. streamerbrain means their evaluation of a game is always going to be biased by (if not entirely rooted in) "how are these changes going to impact muh channel?"

i'm having fun with the space shooty mans game, even if Nimbus is the cringiest character that's not an SCP self-insert character.

That's a fair take on streamers but what makes the byf thing so noteworthy is hes that tier of streamer that gets courted by bungie specifically to produce content that gets the community engaged. Hes a cog in the wheel. He has every reason to just suck it up and do his best to lore vid through this one and move on to the seasonal content. It's a bigger deal than people give it credit for even if it's still just dumb streamer drama.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

To be fair they are called tormentors.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

the reprised Red War missions with that end of year activity scaling right before Forsaken..can't remember the name of it..were very dope.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

DancingShade posted:

It's not hatred. It's gamer rage. You know, the same people who get upset over K/d ratios.

View everything in that context.

being the upset about the dlc you paid money for is not the same as being upset at your k/d ratio wtf

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

his name is CALUS not CARING

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

it can't have been that long since i last played but wish ender feels spicy like how i always wanted it to. Spicy bow!

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

it's also the namesake of the entity whose rib bone we see in Rhulk's ship.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

there's a lot to be liked about strand but it's tech against phalanx is key to its success

https://i.imgur.com/l03IcoU.mp4

i still cackle every time i grapple myself to safety.

Just finished the campaign with a buddy and it's plays so tedious for some reason. I played through witch queen three times alone and once with a friend and didn't think twice about any of it whereas we decided to cheese calus at the end of lightfall just to get it over with. oh and i guess i forgot to talk to nimbus before headlong it didn't grant me progress or count towards my lightfall quest.

Astrochicken fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 9, 2023

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

I would love to have the opportunity to hear Debra WIlson play Savathun again. No matter the lore implications (monkey paw finger, etc.)

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Ur, the Ever-Hunger disliked this.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Yeah mine is like that too. I figured i needed to make some progress on something neomuna related and it would solve itself.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

super hype for the final shape kfc 8-piece dark meat bucket.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

necrotic grips have been disabled 10 minutes before raid launch.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

I dig the difficulty curve this go round.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

A buddy and i werent here for seraph but we did the nightfall weekly and got pretty comfortable with mob spawns and callouts and eating poo poo now and then. The last run he specd into warlock osteo strand and trivialized a lot of it while our third guy matchmaker gave us ran around and died a bunch.

Idk what the answer is to bridge the gap between casuals and us supposedly hardcore players (lol i have a handful of raid clears and typically dont gently caress with master nightfalls or any of that junk) But im enjoying the content as it is and playing with friends who are also having fun.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

100 resilience being mandatory is dumb. but also it's hilarious that bungie has made the game both too easy (root of nightmares) and too hard. we got exactly the game that we deserve.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

ChaosReaper posted:

Yea this was my issue with his and other content creator's takes. It's one thing to be disappointed that Bungie seemed to miss the mark on contest mode, but it's another to then use that to whine about powercreep or that this is the death of contest mode raiding. I mean the opening to that Datto video has him saying that the casuals have won and gotten contest mode tuned for them while the rest of the game is casuals just getting their poo poo pushed in everywhere else. I would bet that Bungie just messed up the tuning of the mode and along with more people running with more things unlocked made it seem easier. I would almost guarantee that even with more people doing contest than ever that Bungie swings the other way and makes it even more difficult again because of the backlash from the most visible part of the community.

Almost certainly agree with you on that last part.i think most people would agree that the raid to take down walt witness' true final form should be discussed in hushed tones of reverence, like doing week one riven legit. But you know, we'll see.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Dawn chorus makes my head look like a brass plated mantis and i am not okay with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

I'm surprised that voidlock is even more powerful than it was in season of the risen and i love tossing vortex grenades every few seconds and nova bombs every 20 seconds and i love that that baseline difficulty is tuned around me being able to do that with a poo poo eating grin on my face.. Game is really, really fun right now. ok back to whatever yall are talking about.