Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

sure okay posted:

Looking forward to another strand-type game

Guardian, Strike Explainerman here. Braccus Zhan is on the move again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Silly question maybe, but like...how am I supposed to play with a sidearm? Hip fire up close and click the fire button like an addict slamming the morphine button?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Forward_Bee posted:

Turn on the full auto toggle in gameplay settings,

Oh dear God what other qol improvements on PC am I not aware of having played on PS4 for like 5 years of D2

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Also the button to rev Lament just shows as <?> in the item overview and I have no idea what binding it relates to lmao

My console brain is in remission but it's still a long road :(

Lib and let die fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 10, 2023

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Forward_Bee posted:

It'll be your "block" hotkey in settings. The default is something like C or V, but I've been using Left Alt so long I can't remember.

You probably know from console experience, but I believe the best Lament combo string is still 3 light into heavy, light until charged, 3 light into heavy.

Edit: post below refines that advice.

i just finished the questline yesterday

go on, point and laugh

(and thanks!)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I haven't done a single dungeon and barring getting dragged through them probably never will lmao

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Roman posted:

i want do do all the dungeons (and raids etc.) but am always too lazy to get a group together despite my presence on multiple goon discords

I always ultimately talk myself out of putting up an LFG for content I don't know at all. I did DSC a few weeks back and like half the group was learning it for the first time and the entire time I was wracked with anxiety just thinking "oh god I'm the problem oh god I'm the problem" every time we wiped.

"Need 2 for [dungeon], also you're gonna have to teach me everything and we'll probably wipe a bunch" fills me with great shame

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Kith posted:

devrim cracking up about it is badly overacted but zavala's confusion and resignation is good

Lance Reddick owns

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Kith posted:

i uninstalled and reinstalled and experienced this not even a half hour later:

so i did a bunch of digging and it appears to be caused by a corrupt crash log dump in my user folder. deleted that and have not experienced problems since.

This feels like an appropriate "so we put crashes in your crash logs, dawg!" moment

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

still reading but

quote:

Aside from predictability, we sometimes still hear a refrain that has been sung since the beginning of our journey: “There’s just not enough to do.”

has me worried lmao for the love of god do not slide back to the warmind grind

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I enjoy playing the game with a melee heavy approach a lot of times and I'm slightly turned off by the ability and resilience nerfs but it's probably not anything i'm going to be incredibly mad about ever, though having access to All The Mods needed for really good 3.0 ability based builds has probably spoiled me more than i would be normally had bungie not just rolled them all out to everyone so i suppose i shouldn't cry that much.

i'd probably prefer a quantity boost rather than a 'quality' boost re: patrol location enemies though, as my complaint with those is usually that "kill x enemy in y location" quest steps are usually suffering for lack of enemies and it becomes an informal game of gambit where 3 or 4 players at a time are competing for not enough enemies to fuel quest completions without being aggravating

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

arsenicCatnip posted:

I only ever did it once and was thoroughly whelmed. Maybe it's cooler if you haven't run Deep Stone Crypt? idk

i got around to running it after i went through DSC for the first time and had a very strange "wait a second..." vibe

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The best part about being a Titan is how many ways I have to punch things to death, what are you all on about

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I mean look at us, collectively, who wouldn't choose this planet's inhabitants as a very last resort?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I assume this is going to be like $20 worth of Silver

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Look at this coward that doesn't want to see the Witness' junk

"Witness me!"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Nice

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

fast cars loose anus posted:

If bungie could never do the "make the seasonal activity a level-capped pain in the rear end" thing again I'd really appreciate it

e: also why do I always get loving Mars in theory there are three of these

I am going to destroy the person who thought "shriekers can be bosses too!"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

PathAsc posted:

Yeah the champ counter changes are all fine and well, y'know, if bungie unfucks how buggy the mobs are in the first place. Totally cool to have this dumbass tacked-on system still around all these years later. Absolutely thrilling content. I joke a lot about dunking balls and standing on plates but Champs are still dumb and will continue to be unless the core issue is fixed.

I don't even know what it takes to get the mod effects to proc. I've got overload on my arms, but when I ADS with an SMG or AR, I don't get the overload round.

If I full auto hipfire I get it, though!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yeah, it's dumb. "Oh it's this champion, so I have to have this weapon, and activate the mod this way"

I'm glad Titan melees can make short work of overloads and Lament can handle barriers natively.

I was hoping a barrier mod for bows would combine with le monarque for an all-in-one overload/barrier killer but that'd be too fun for the player I guess

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

It's the same reason I always let Banshee bounties fall to the wayside - I want to be rewarded for using weapons I enjoy using.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Overload Taken Phalanx :getin:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I'm the ethereal punchsexual

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

DancingShade posted:

The witness won't be won over until there is a guardian beach episode where all the main character sunbake, play beach ball, get buried in sand, paddle, eat ice creams and otherwise bond together.

I'll bring the rumham!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

uwaeve posted:

Once you know where the 2 alcoves are in each area, just run by and your radar will tell you if anything’s in there. The hardest ones for me where the ones that spawned right out in the open because people instantly melt them. There’s one like near the back of pleasure gardens that gets nuked I think. There are guides too that tell you the specific flavor text to look for in the lower left so you can beeline for the spawns. I’d link something but I’m canposting and I trust your google skills.

Don't forget to airlock the poop

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

haveblue posted:

Yeah, this. It's good that there are activities in the game you can just jump into in an instant regardless of what you have equipped. Requiring you to craft a custom build for each activity or even for a new week of the same activity would be a mistake

from a completely casual, armchair perspective it kinda feels like they came up with these difficulty changes then finally said, "maybe this necessitates some sort of baked-in load-out manager?"

e: it also very much reminds me a bit of the struggle that goes on between PoE devs and players every few seasons/leagues. The lead dev wants the game to always be challenging and a huge chunk of the recurring player base just wants to go fast and watch big number go bigger, which seem like two wholly incompatible desires.

Lib and let die fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 21, 2023

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

sometimes a pubbie will throw a revive at my buddy i play with a lot, but that's more an indictment on him than it is praise of the blueberry

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

PERMACAV 50 posted:

yeah we just need to complain about something in order to post at all since there's nothing happening in the game

I'm in this post

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Like, your average dedicated destiny player has more built up knowledge about what works and what doesn’t than most devs at Bungie lol

And I don’t want to hear about whatever internal limitations exist for making decisions or changes, that poo poo matters literally not at all from a “what is good gameplay” perspective

ah yes, but have you considered increasing engagement metrics and keeping the game fresh for the streamer community?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"This thing can barely vote" is just how he likes 'em

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I have a valid excuse, I'm too stupid to engage with the systems

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Someone was trying to explain to me the console positions for the DSC fuse encounter and even with the map up on my screen I had to suggest someone else take the basement because I'm just too stupid to match the map on my screen to my mental map of where I am in the room now

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ChaosReaper posted:

I hope Titan stays immortal in Solar during Lightfall. [...] my titan and never faced danger because either I had a hammer to kill thrall with or had my class ability to save me. I just waded through rooms and stood right in the middle of people and it felt great.

this is the way

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Titans aren’t real. Fake imaginary class? They’re not even the best at punching things!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Gadzuko posted:

The Witness just being a guy when the traveler is a gigantic unfathomable orb is kind of unsatisfying to me. It can't really end up as Anime Eyes Guy vs. Giant Orb, can it?

The closer in size a big bad is to the player character, the more dangerous they are. That's basic video game physics

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Oh it's 10000% going to be shittier and dumber than we will ever be able to guess, and I can't wait.

:hellyeah: take my money and feed me that slop, bungo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Goons rock, I got an adept wendigo on my first ever gm nightfall. Thanks goons!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i really hope the armor sets/cosmetics look as cool as they do in all the trailers so far, love that neon-ish aesthetic

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Do we know for certain that guardians gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004