Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Really funny to watch this cause he's just got chicken legs like every guy that starts juicing.`

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

well why not posted:

you can't really see his legs?

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1632187796042465280?s=20

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Even in fiction Dana White canonically doesn't pay his guys jack poo poo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

They already made Dracula 3000.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Casimir Radon posted:

Mulan had some weird stuff about appeasing the Chinese government and filming in Xinjiang going against it too. Both good reasons to not see it but then it gets mixed up with actual anti-Asian racism.

Got bad news about "anti-Asian racism", hope you're sitting down.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Last Night in Soho for all its flaws still considerably better than Baby Driver

Rough stuff.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Hell yeah.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Gareth Edwards (dir. END DAY (2005)) is very good.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Gareth and Gareth about equally good at entirely different things, which is pretty cool if you think about it.

Certainly better than Jareth (the goblin king).

They should link up ala Neveldine and Taylor.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Alexander Hamilton posted:

What happened to Gareth Edwards that got him put in movie jail? Was it Rogue One? Because it still made a billion dollars and the aesthetic he created in that movie seems like it was copied going forward.

Made a good movie by accident and was disciplined by Disney.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm sorry but the only thing I even see anymore whenever Good Burger comes up is Dan Schneider. He's literally all over the movie, it's like giving Subway Jared a supporting role.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

kalel posted:

drescher's been through some poo poo and fought for a lot of good causes, so she can have just a little covid denialism, as a treat

She lives in Hollywood, what do you expect.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Does that mean Brendan Fraser is back?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I imagine it's related to the same thing "spidey sense" refers to, spiders being sensitive to static electricity and magnetic currents or whatever.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yes.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Caedes posted:

Four actually!

A dog's way home
A dog's purpose
A dog's journey
A dog's courage

Not only did I not know there was a fourth one, whatever that means, but I didn't even realize they made a series.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Escape from LA is better than Escape from NY.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
There isn't even an argument to be had here.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jack B Nimble posted:

What? Why? Why do you think that!! I've seen both relatively recently and...no!

Edit: I missed a lot of posts. Yeah, it does have some good bits, I'll grant that.

I don't think much of Escape from NY.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Infamously it came out a month after Star Wars.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I thought the budget for noted fake movie Red Notice was even higher than that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Chairman Capone posted:

And Glass Onion was 500 million.

I thought that was for several movies.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
According to Netflix every human on earth watched Red Notice at least one and a half times.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Chairman Capone posted:

It was for Glass Onion and one additional movie, but 300 million of that went to Johnson, Craig, and Johnson's co-producer. At least according to Wikipedia, the movie itself only cost 40 million.

Funniest part of this is his wife doing a GoFundMe or whatever for the You Must Remember This podcast. Love the cast but gently caress off lady!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
70 million figure is funny cause it's also what he "forced" WB to spend to put out The Snyder Cut.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

“It is true that profits would be higher under a regime of full employment than they are on the average under laissez-faire; and even the rise in wage rates resulting from the stronger bargaining power of the workers is less likely to reduce profits than to increase prices, and thus adversely affects only the rentier interests. But 'discipline in the factories' and 'political stability' are more appreciated than profits by business leaders. Their class instinct tells them that lasting full employment is unsound from their point of view, and that unemployment is an integral part of the 'normal' capitalist system.”

-Michal Kalecki

This is also why the Democrats are going so hard on "full employment", to ensure that the unrest from 2020 is practically implausible anytime soon.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

The Incal lol

GOD. Insufferable.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i just already saw Life is Beautiful when it first came out and i didn't particularly like it then either

A great film festival to do would be Schmaltzy, Offensive Holocaust Films.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

X-Ray Pecs posted:

So we got Jojo Rabbit, Life is Beautiful, and the first public screening of The Day The Clown Cried. What else we got?

Jakob the Liar, Boy In The Striped Pajamas, The Reader. Uwe Boll's Auschwitz is fascinating in its tastelessness but it's not sentimental or anything.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

joylessdivision posted:

The book is way better than the movie.

The book Jakob the Liar is based on is written by a Holocaust survivor and is quite good. The movie is pretty lousy and I'm usually ride or die with dramatic Robin Williams roles.

quote:

I am both horrified and intrigued by the idea of an Uwe Boll film about Auschwitz, but not enough to actually track it down and watch it because honestly, life's too short for some poo poo.

It's actually not a badly made film at all, it's mostly that Boll's whole deal lays quite bare how tawdry Shoahsploitation can be, trafficking in shocking imagery.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Sandler was really good in punch drunk love and uncut gems, and he also brought us dunkacino

RIP Dunkaccino btw. They just discontinued it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Toxic Crusaders also had an unreleased game, unsurprisingly.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
You think she and Kat Von D ever hang out?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

RevKrule posted:

From the director of the bad Suicide Squad and the writer of Ultraviolet.

Who am I kidding, I'm gonna watch the poo poo out of this when it hits streaming.

James Gunn directed this? I'm impressed!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CelticPredator posted:

I’m going to go bee keeper on you

I'm gonna go master gardener on you buddy.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dinosaurs! posted:

I’d only ever watch The Counsellor again if they released a version with Cameron Diaz’s Barbadian accent.

Should be a 4K UHD special feature.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Honestly, if A24 can bring back the mid-budget action movie (formerly the domain of Denzel Washington and Tony Scott), then more power to them. 2022-2023 proved that every studio trying to make the big budget "blockbuster" left most of those movies in the hole since audiences will only watch a few blockbusters a year. A24 could make a killing pumping out good mid-budget stuff.

They do make a killing pumping out good mid-budget stuff.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I meant specifically the mid-budget action movie that seems to have been missing from theaters for awhile now. Unless I'm missing a few A24 movies, it doesn't seem as if this niche has been exploited recently.

DTV action has been flourishing! McDonald's doesn't need to make pizza.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Casimir Radon posted:

I would hope the FNAF phenomenon is dead and the movie bombs. But I dunno. Seems like the height of the “Streamer pretends to be scared of game” trend was a lifetime ago.

The time for it to have ended was at least five or ten years ago, oddly, it's stronger than ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

Well, he was a holy terror during the shoot of Street Fighter, always showing up to the set late, either hung over from partying all night long or loving Kylie Minogue all night long (or sometimes both). There was a lot of cocaine on that set.

Hard not to be the most arrogant man in the world at this point. It keeps coming up that Jada Pinkett and Tupac were close friends and people find it obnoxious, but she was one of the best actresses period at this point, very young, and in love with Tupac. I really can't blame her for bringing that up all the time.