Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
They should have gotten five reds against West Ham and abandoned the match :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
It was nice to see an episode fully commit to itself. I've been missing that throughout this season. It was also nice that my half-Dutch blood recognized Total Football before Beard said it out loud!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I went to Boom Chicago once. One of their scripted bits was tourists trying to cross the tram tracks and almost getting splattered over and over and when they finally make it across they just get splattered by bikes instead, so that carried over into Rebecca's storyline!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Tweak posted:

Can't wait to see what his dutch styled take down of Rupert will be

Flattened and baked into a stroopwafel

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Rebecca: "Did we [have sex]?" Dutchman: "No."

Dutchman: "Did we [make love]? Yes."

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Good ep. I wish this season had gotten to the goods a little sooner!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
This season is such a loving mess.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
At the risk of seeming too charitable, yeah, it felt to me also like Roy momentarily forgot himself and fell back into an old habit, rather than that being a reflection of his current relationship with Keeley. Still sucks though!

Edit: Yeah, same, we even both said "charitable" lol

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I unironically like that we're all making it clear Roy was poo poo in that moment.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Suddenly remembering that Olivia Wilde was one of the people whose pictures were in the Fappening leak and, uh, that sure adds an extra "oof" to Jack's words to Keeley

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
:yeah:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
He never learned what offside is

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I am utterly flabbergasted that an episode that focused on a few characters and how their struggles were affecting the soccer match they were competing in was so much better than most of the rest of the season!

Beginning to wonder if this is a Scrubs Season 8 situation, where there was an A-team and B-team of writers and we started to notice that the second episode every night was wildly better than the first.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Oh yeah, I want to see what articles would have been written had Rebecca let Beard finish out that press conference

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Ted Lasso: Med School

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Oh yeah, I forgot that I laughed out loud at Roy's genuine hurt over nobody defending his non-hairy rear end

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
No, Ted Lasso, you have not earned "Spiegel im Spiegel". You are not Chidi and Eleanor.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

LividLiquid posted:

Were any of you Scrubs fans?

There might be one or two around.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

LividLiquid posted:

But I'm the gal who really liked that med school season of Scrubs (when JD wasn't around, anyway,) so take that for what it's worth.

Good, because it was good (when JD wasn't around). :colbert:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I respect your opinion, but you still shouldn't sign your posts

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Scott Forstall posted:

Pleasantly surprised by this one?

Yeah, once again they made an episode about how a soccer match reflects and affects what the characters are going through and once again it's pretty decent. What a shock!

Edit: But again the tone of the ep felt like "early season" for reasons I can't quite put my finger on

CPColin fucked around with this message at 07:46 on May 24, 2023

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

also the football scenes they do are very funny to me because it's like watching a sunday league game

I did enjoy Jamie scoring a goal with absolutely zero follow-through on his kick

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
"Where do you think we are?"

Smash cut to Ted Lasso's photo over his freshly dug grave

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Püpeh

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Is everybody excited for Ted and JSuds to both be returned to the Divorced Dimension in a few hours?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I did laugh out loud at "Assistant to the Kitman" because it was a very quick reference to a better show

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Remember when Rupert stormed down from the owners' box in his Darth Vader cape and pushed over his manager and made his balls pop out

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Escobarbarian posted:

So is the idea that you think Rebecca and Ted hosed but they actually just stayed up all night talking about him leaving or did they actually gently caress? I assume it’s the former but I just do not trust this show at all anymore

It's a fakeout. Ted and Rebecca did neither. Beard and Jane, meanwhile, totally did bondage stuff in Beard's boss's living room.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Oh yeah, I've witnessed a centerback take an ill-advised PK in their last college game and my high school alma mater lose a playoff game because the ball went through a hole in the side netting, outside-in, so Isaac's PK brought up memories of two vastly more entertaining events.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

ilmucche posted:

What did ted's kid say at the end when ted asked him "what do we always say?" I've run it back like 10 times and the closest I can get to words is "be a goal tender" but it sounds more like "be a gultvan" which is definitely not english

I heard "be a goaltender" too, but it was probably "be a goldfish"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Cojawfee posted:

Ted Lasso: Be a gultvan

Rebecca's gonna Gult some Van after the Dutch pilot gets back from his flight, if you know what I mean

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Maybe Ted just dreamed that part

Also maybe his plane crashed on the way home and he dreamed the part where he arrived back in the country and rolled right up to his ex's house

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Taima posted:

Good poo poo. I cackled so hard when I read this post that my wife thought I had gone insane, but it's so true.

:tipshat:

I'm suddenly remembering Bill Lawrence saying they were only expecting to have JSuds for three years tops, because of his schedule, but I haven't gone looking for when he said that. If I'm remembering correctly, it makes the resolution here look even sloppier!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Hed posted:

Let's not act like petering out in later seasons isn't something Bill Lawrence can do

I'm not, I'm suggesting that JSuds leaving at the end of season wasn't entirely a surprise.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Green Bay shares aren't real though

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yeah, the "shares" are basically just a receipt for a donation you made to the team, like when we all donated to Lowtax that one time and got wacky badges under our avatars.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

ilmucche posted:

Max cruising to pole by nearly a half second, oof

He was offside

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Ugh, OKCupid. I tried signing back up for it after having been gone for like ten years and yeah. Deleted my account again fifteen minutes later.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I half expected it to turn into a Harlem Shake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
So he's here and there, but not every-loving-where?