Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Mebh posted:

I also am fat and cannot eat less cake or exercise more and it blows.

That's an amateur waistline.... those are rookie numbers!!! :pathetic:

;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

StarkingBarfish posted:

So... it was a false fleg?

I'm guessing: :cocaine: :cocaine: :cocaine: :cocaine: :cocaine: more than anything else.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Anus-tart... good for you..... i guess. :shrug:

edit: Lidl Ballymoney N.I. lots of fruit and veg, no restrictions, prices ok. :dance:

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Mar 2, 2023

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

(Aside: why can I smell meat pies being cooked (I never buy meat pies) and I just went out to the corridor and noone is cooking them in their flats either? I keep smelling odd things around this time of night, it seems to be phantosmia. Weird. Or what?)

You can choose anything from a cold to a mini stroke for that one, takes very little for the sense of smell to go all weird.

The Miami Showband massacre was a hard blow to N.I. it was talked about a lot when i was growing up.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

bessantj posted:

Out shopping with the missus and she saw a stand with a crystal she liked so as she was buying it the guy starts talking about the "vibrational energies" that would help us in our home and my missus said "oh I don't believe in any of that nonsense, I just think it will look pretty on the mantelpiece." For a second the guy had the saddest look on his face, he was crushed.

With that outlook he was probably a covid denier, enjoy the pretty crystal as it is. :thumbsup:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Never had McDonalds, KFC, Burger King or any other big brand that i can't remember in my life, got obese as f*&k all on my own. :colbert:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I get the impression the NI secretary post is used mostly to insult north ireland

It's currently a punishment position... though some tories like a bit of that. :nono:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I had a good cackle at that. :laugh:

The real countryside is hard work, not a holiday.

edit:

happyhippy posted:

The only one who did a drat was Mo Molam...

Respect for Mo. :pressf:

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 5, 2023

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Drone_Fragger posted:

Edit: huh, someone bought me a new Av and flair. And I have no idea why. Oddly suitable given my partners family is from northern Ireland and escaped persecution in the troubles (for the ""crime"" of being catholic) by emigrating to birmingham.

I can only assume it's to compensate you for the Brummie accent. ;)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Salisbury Snape posted:

While I wholeheartedly agree they need to gently caress right off, silage is just slightly mouldy grass. Now a muck spread field or a field that has been spread with fish guts and shellfish shell.......

In N.I. we had to ban the use of pigs blood mixed with turkey crap, born & bred in the countryside but that shite was off the scale when it came to a stink. :barf:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

Good news! Car is fixed and fine!

Turns out it was the spark plugs and they were utterly hosed. Going to have a service done on the car when next pay day rolls around, but other than that all is good!

Happy & safe driving! :thumbsup:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

''A Different Bias'' on YT mentioned that the Tories will be happy with this outcome as any form of aggro against the BBC hastens the day when it gets broken up.

I'm still not getting a tv licence though, stopped watching all tv years ago.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

He's still upset that he still lives in his brothers shadow.

And he always will. :angel: :devil:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

My only exposure to Twitter is through SA and 90% of that relates to the war in Ukraine, never had an account with it.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

happyhippy posted:

He's getting deported under the new rules.
To a place called Leichestercity.
Sounds German.

Worse, he's being sent to......... Accrington Stanley. :magical:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Russia can't become great again unless the remaining relatives of the old monarchy are sacrificed. :guillotine: :colbert:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The Young Ones got a Blu-ray release remastered with a 1080p picture recently and while it's still a little grainy in places it's night and day from the old fuzzy dvds or even vhs you might have watched before.

Never bothered with blu-ray, more than happy with my dvd collection as far as viewing quality goes and i'm not buying them all over again for a new format.

edit: got the Young Ones box set years ago, much fun. :)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Kin posted:

Christ, how small is your TV?

Blu-ray is like night and day vs DVD, especially on most modern 4K TVs

Edit: I've got a fairly big DVD collection too, but I've been pretty content buying new stuff on blu ray and gradually replacing absolute classic stuff too (usually when I get an urge to watch it)

Late reply. :ughh:

24 inch widescreen monitor or thereabouts has been my default watching size for decades with several hundred dvd movies and a few box sets to pass the time.

More or less stopped buying them now. :corsair:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

kecske posted:

.....or you can dehumanise yourself and face to sticky boards...

also, there is never just one mouse. Buy a bunch of wire wool and get to plugging holes

Stickies work, but i will try to never use them again.... ever.

Wish i had found out about wire wool sooner as it did the job for me.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

My wife is an animal lover against killing them, but after a week of disturbed sleep due to scratching and gnawing she was all for it.

As someone who ripped up floorboards after months of constant scratching to get rid of the NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wholeheartedly support her choice.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

crispix posted:

....(Alliance - who DUP hate arguably more than the shinners these days) loooool

Now the DUP have two reasons to hate me. :qq:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

lol

I just remember some goon saying that in Eve you could just float through a sector and say in public chat "I, too, am gay" and be guaranteed a bunch of furious cunts ranting about how they're not gay and that's disgusting and raging at you until you floated out of range.

Sounds about right tbh, some days i miss that game.

:hmmyes:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

happyhippy posted:

It used to be more common, finding random weapon stashes, most are left to rust due to the GFA.

Told this story before, my home town in the early 2000s, the primary school was celebrating the birthday of the principal, there was a party planned for the kids.
During break time, one of the kids went into the woods nearby, and came back with a gun.
Whole place was locked down, army and police called, and they found some bullets after searching the area.
The principal instead of thanking the kid got angry for ruining the birthday party, parents threatened suing the school.

Why in gods name was a school principal even celebrating their birthday at the school, sounds like a self centered gobshite.

edit:

That's a terrible implementation of XFCE, but then again Arch users deserve what they get... elitist pricks.

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Mar 26, 2023

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Is it me or does this thread have a high percentage of NI posters? (Of which I am one)

Representing. o7

I suppose i could post more often in the Irish thread but i don't follow their ''standard politician'' type corruption stuff & shenanigans too much to understand it really. :shrug:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Tell me this country isn't collapsing.

It's transforming into a tiny fascist utopia for the rich and landed gentry. :monocle:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

crispix posted:

it says a lot about the state of things on this island that they never mention anything that's going on up here lol

Too busy hunting for affordable housing i guess. :stonklol:

Death to the landlords!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Just got my MRI results back, only one new lesion on C3-C4 vertebrae since 2012, brain is unchanged (abby normal). :woop: :woop:

Thank the gods my multiple sclerosis is about as mild as it gets.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Must end up being cheaper than extracting it themselves or have some other benefit. :capitalism:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Diet Crack posted:

It's called arbitrage selling OP because Europe is run by colossal loving morons. (I know you probably knew this but I just wanted to say the latter part)

Didn't know it was an actual thing, thanks for the info. :tipshat:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

The National Scot is anti SNP, untrustworthy.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Skull Servant posted:

This is how I learned it too and I got the piss ripped out of me in Canada and by my partner for how I tie my shoelaces. I blame colonialism.

What's the great alternative that they are using? :confused:

I do a modified bunny ears. :shrug:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Just got fibre internet installed :asoiaf: 96Mbps :asoiaf: soo loving happy atm. :blessed:

I had been on 2.6Mbps for months until now.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

How about moving it to the kitchen instead? No law says teeth have to be cleaned in the bathroom.

Always thought it was unsanitary having toothbrushes out in the open in the room that has the highest chance of containing fecal and urine particulate in the air. :shrek: :gas:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

kingturnip posted:

If society has broken down to the point you're worried about IEDs on the streets, I think a 15-minute city is the least of your problems.
But I'm not catholic, so who knows.

Those of us from NI are thinking this lad knows gently caress all about IEDs on the streets, what a gobshite. :colbert:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Camrath posted:

It didn’t devolve so much as straight out start that way. Each friday evening chemistry club I managed a literal production line of fourteen to sixteen year olds making nitrocellulose (aka guncotton).

Syzdlo knew how to make teenaged boys interested in his subject. Also well worth checking out his lectures on YouTube- he’s a great public speaker. Used to be his assistant for those throughout my late teens (though before the age of easy video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYZT3opLedc

And down the rabbit hole i go. :lol:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Virgin Orbit applied for bankruptcy, doubt it's related but should keep the tinfoil hatters amused for a while. ;)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nilbop posted:

Nobody outside of Glasgow who supports Rangers or Celtic does so to be bathed in the glow of their reflected glory.

Great grandfather was from Campsie district outside Glasgow, Celtic supporters all the way until myself... for some reason i supported Ipswich as a child. :confused:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Big fan of the red faced weirdo Alan Brazil?

The only player i remember now is Mick Mills, football was a thing of my childhood that i never continued.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Scientastic posted:

My mother-in-law-law bought me the Martian as a present when it came out because she know so enjoy science fiction. I made the mistake of saying it was alright, and now I have all of Andy Weir’s mediocre books in hardback.

It was good enough to read during nightshift breaks so i was happy enough. :shrug:

Otoh i have about 600 scfi/fantasy ebooks i used to cycle through on shift... the entry bar was quite variable, i've read better fan fiction in some cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ken reminding everyone about when he was DPP in promos is great, not like there's a huge right-wing meme about him being DPP when there were multiple dropped allegations against Savile.

Ken reminding everyone about when he was DPP is like me reminding everyone that i'm from Northern Ireland... it's the only interesting thing in our lives and we can't loving stop talking about it. :razz: