Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Aston really being good almost seems like too much to hope for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Zedd posted:

Randomly going back to old threads did make me find this gem:

Wow, anybody that clueless should not be allowed to post in the F1 thread at all!

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
My favorite non-embarassing Stroll Moment™ was when they had to tell him that he kept hitting the radio button instead of the hybrid power boost when exiting corners. Are Lance was just too absorbed in other things to notice.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Rhopunzel posted:

mclaren are so poo poo yall

Everything's totally gonna change come Baku, though.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
RC cars at Monaco, then?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Haas has been selling CNC machines to sanctioned Russian companies, including arms manufacturers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhuIGLV97Kw

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

serious gaylord posted:

Lewis is going to win this weekend.

There are limits to #blessedness. (As we have seen repeatedly).

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
REALLY?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Stop making fun of poor Williams. They're trying their best. Go back to making fun of McLaren, instead.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Spoiler: Max wins.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

tony quidtana posted:

I've switched to a ceramic frying pan.

They're great for as long as they last (not long). Teflon and similar are still the best when it comes to non-stick stuff.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Skarsnik posted:

The racist stewards would only single out are lew for butt plug use and you know it

And that butt plug would be fashionable as hell.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Human beings are imperfect, limited creatures. It is therefore impossible for a mere human being to be both likable and an F1 champ. We all know why #blessed Sir Lewis could seem to be an exception to this rule.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
F1 has races?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Cimber posted:

Hey, great news everyone. Only 1 week until we can see Ferrari screw up a winable race, McLaren under perform, listen to Ham whine, see Russel place 3rd and see Red Bull win 1/2!

Isn't everyone excited!?

Sir Lewis is the greatest driver of all time, but now that wins are harder to come by, he has shifted his focus to becoming the greatest whiner of all time. People think he's just blubbering and feeling sorry for himself, but they are actually watching a great artist at work.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Max likes iRacing better than F1.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

LeeMajors posted:

Awful race. I’m glad max lost though.

:hfive:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

refleks posted:

gently caress me it's Miami already. How's the water looking? Nice and plasticky like everything in America?

Plastic with a smattering of bullets.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Pacinamac posted:

The gently caress was all this sprint bullshit? gently caress sakes just make 1 race and go. F1 sucks poo poo.

Alonso for WDC tho.

Do away with practice and qualifying, too. Make it first come, first served for the grid on Sunday. Queue up, everybody.

smackfu posted:

Only six points between Max and Checo. Maybe it won’t be a runaway for Max?
Checo is racing well, but it is going to take plenty of Max screwups and/or bad luck to keep it close.

marshalljim fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 2, 2023

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/1654226444262703105

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Max is the best driver on the grid by a fair margin, and Russell is probably top 6 or so.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Maybe Max will have another meh weekend and Checo will take the WDC lead.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Hoping Max spends all race messing with his brake balance while Checo and Alonso duel for the win.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Monaco could be good this year. Max just has to screw up in qualifying yet again so he can get frustrated trying to zoom his way to the front.

Alaois posted:

the F1 thread: everyone in it is a gimmick poster who is furious at each other's gimmicks

Khablam is real, though.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Max's lead over Checo is twice LeClerc's lead over Lance.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

ArmZ posted:

last year leclerc was still 20 or so points ahead at this point

Those were the days.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I assume the op was mad about it being on DVD.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Swamp boats.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
"Pinnacle of motorsports" and the tracks aren't even on extendable stilts.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Yeah, he's gone.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Yeah, and it's IndyCar, so even Williams has a chance.

One of the lazier running Indy 500 stories this year has been that Santino's team, A.J. Foyt Racing, has gotten better because the wife of the founder died. That is supposed to have inspired everyone to work harder in her memory, which seems kinda backward. Maybe she would've hung on longer if you guys hadn't sucked so hard for so long.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Thanks Ants posted:

McLaren should let their livery people have a go at doing the aero surfaces, they can't be any worse than the people doing it already

Just turn the whole factory into a musical chairs zone at this point.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Exciting. Max is very good.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Thanks Ants posted:

Let's hope his engine explodes tomorrow

:pray:

Max's pole lap:
https://youtu.be/lZ0bHr8UW7k

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

Citation needed

Lol you guys are just the biggest cry babies on the internet. What was the final overspend by red bull? 1.8 million and they lose 10% of their already reduced CFD and wind tunnel time for it, which is not a good deal for red bull no matter how you slice it.

So what you're saying is that they cheated.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Checo is sabotaging Checo with mediocre-to-bad driving.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I think I'm becoming a Max fan. He's just too good to hate. I think I even detected an orange tinge to my piss this morning.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Zhou, too. He seems like the most down-to-earth guy on the grid

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Alonso might be holding up better than Sir Lewis "the #Blessed GOAT" Hamilton. It's hard to say, since this is not IndyCar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
That is great stuff.